The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #161
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

It looks interesting. Im just not that keen on all those tats on Joker..or the grill for that matter. :/ Still wish they had chosen CCH as Amanda. *sighs* Either way I'll be in theatres for this.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #162
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

I haven't looked at the plot at all so I'm just taking a guess here...but doesn't it seem like the SS is trying to capture Joker?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #163
Slade
god status

I think from something I read a while back, they use him because he's the only one who's actually seen Batman or some sh*t. That was a while a back though so it could have changed. But Joker is in his cell through all the movie except for a flashback or something. I can't remember exactly
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #164
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Warner Brothers reason for releasing the trailer:
Quote:
“Warner Bros. Pictures and our anti-piracy team have worked tirelessly over the last 48 hours to contain the Suicide Squad footage that was pirated from Hall H on Saturday. We have been unable to achieve that goal. Today we will release the same footage that has been illegally circulating on the web, in the form it was created and high quality with which it was intended to be enjoyed. We regret this decision as it was our intention to keep the footage as a unique experience for the Comic Con crowd, but we cannot continue to allow the film to be represented by the poor quality of the pirated footage stolen from our presentation.”

-Sue Kroll, President Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/13/suic...-warner-bros-/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #165
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Wow... Drama Queens.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #166
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

What a load of crap. WB knew this would happen. This is arguably the most "leaked" movie while in production ever. And WB knew this would happen based on what happened LAST YEAR with the BvS teaser being leaked. Then again with the first official teaser.

Bottom line, this stuff has a popularity cycle of about 48 hours. If they had issued no statements, this wouldn't even be a problem anymore. Now they release a clear trailer, after the talk has died down, and now we're all talking about it again.

Not to mention David Ayer made a joke about finding the trailer on the internet before he showed it to Hall H.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #167
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The movie already has Joker and Harley Quinn in it, plus bald bearded Will Smith.

This movie has enough hype without these patsies pretending to cry about cellphone footage of the trailer. Gimme a break.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #168
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was hyped when this movie was announced by stopped being hyped as I saw the character list. I'm not a fan of the newer Harley Quinn and friends Suicide Cast, the cam footage trailer didn't convince me but the official release on definitely did. I am now very hyped for this movie. I hope Joker doesn't have a huge role in the movie, he has no business in a SS film. With that said I did love this interpretation of the Joker.

Now some speculation on who I think will be the member who doesn't make it in the end:
Spoiler:
I'm guessing Deadshot is going to be killed in the movie? I mean Will Smith is the most expensive person in the cast so he's high in my not going to make it list.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #169
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So...Jared Leto is totally playing Joker like Ledger did. Good to know.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #170
Electric
Epic Hiatus

After re watching that trailer, I honestly think the person the joker is torturing is Harley, probably a flashback to when he "made" her into Harley. There's a scene in the trailer, with a girl strapped to the table with a leather strap in her mouth, and someone creepily rubbing her face. Well, in better quality, that person is shirtless with tattoos wearing a purple glove, and the girl on the table is blonde, has on a red shirt with a white looking lab coat, and is wearing glasses similar to the ones we saw on pre released images of Harley

Also, people were wondering about the panda with a machine gun. At the very end, where joker walks in, it looks like there is the panda suit in the corner

Edit: watching again, definitely Harley, as the whole shooting gang is with joker, and you see her get thrown on to a gurney.

BONUS: joker was walking through the hospital in a PURPLE coat. I'll take it! Each joker has had their variation, like ledger with his Trench coat, so I guess this very shiny flash plasticy looking purple coat will be letos.

Very satisfied with this now that I could see details, especially since we'll be getting a little of Harley's origin story

Last edited by Electric; 07-13-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #171
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So...Jared Leto is totally playing Joker like Ledger did. Good to know.
I really think Leto's going to bring something new to it - I honestly don't understand why so many people praise Ledger's Joker (but then, I hated the Nolan movies so maybe I'm biased). Based on what I've seen of Leto's Joker, he actually comes off as someone who is insane, whereas Ledger's Joker just came off as some existential thug who'd overdosed on Kafka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Edit: watching again, definitely Harley, as the whole shooting gang is with joker, and you see her get thrown on to a gurney.
You're right; I turned up a screenshot this morning:

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #172
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I dunna Penny, maybe it's the voice....seems very "Ledger-esque"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #173
CyberCubed
Overlord

Harley being strapped to a table in bondage, being tortured and possibly raped by Joker. Man, feminists will have a field day with this one.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #174
Leo656
The Franchise

The more I see, the more I like. I'm glad the "real" trailer came out, I had a feeling they'd do that. Made no sense to do it for BvS but not this. Anyway, looks great.

No Captain Boomerang, though? I know he's a Z-Lister but he's a perennial Squad member. Maybe after the Flash movie comes out.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #175
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The more I see, the more I like. I'm glad the "real" trailer came out, I had a feeling they'd do that. Made no sense to do it for BvS but not this. Anyway, looks great.

No Captain Boomerang, though? I know he's a Z-Lister but he's a perennial Squad member. Maybe after the Flash movie comes out.
Jai Courtney (chuckle) is Capt Boomerang in this.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #176
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He's the guy that's talking to Harley near the end of the trailer.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:45 PM   #177
pennydreadful
trash

I thought the voice was more of a blend of the animated movies... but then again, we've only heard him say like 3 lines so I guess it's hard to get a solid impression based on that.

Cubed, I don't see any rape going down in the movie. As far as the Joker torturing her, Harley and Mistah J have always had a very unhealthy and sadistic relationship, with both of them being violent towards each other. Like, during Joker's "wearing my own rotting face" phase, Harley beat the living f*ck out of him. Then he locked her in a room full of corpses dressed as Harleys (all failed Harley's he'd tried to replace her with because he missed her while she was with the Suicide Squad) and was all smitten when she chewed through her wrist to escape.

I don't think they're going to play Harley as the battered wife with Stockholm Syndrome, or that they're taking away her autonomy as a character and throwing her under the bus just so DC can give a stiff middle finger to Marvel's kiddy-friendly fare.

I think the torture scene is Joker showing his commitment to her by "helping to free her" - that is, he helps free her mind from conventional thinking and society and go with him into his world of crazy in the film. Him shooting 50,000 volts through her brain to help release her "inner self" is his version of an engagement ring. He is insane, after all. This is all my own speculation based just on the little footage we've seen, but I think it's being put in there to show back-story for both characters, as well as showing some of the nuances of their relationship.

Plus, Geoff Johns is consulting on all DC's stuff, and he knows his DC characters - I don't think he'll sit back and let them go too far astray with how Harley and Joker are depicted.

Just my two cents though.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #178
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
He's the guy that's talking to Harley near the end of the trailer.
Ah, really? I wondered! Nice. Nice. I keep forgetting which Squad members are in this besides the obvious.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #179
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I dunna Penny, maybe it's the voice....seems very "Ledger-esque"
Yeah, that's what I get from it too. Speech patterns maybe? Don't know if that's what I'm looking for. The sound of his voice did sound like Ledger.

I hope it was just that scene though. I loved Ledger's Joker but I don't want this one to sound like him the entire time.

The laugh though Again, unless it's just that scene.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #180
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The music editing for the trailer was amazing.

I couldn't care less about the film itself, though.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critics are right, critics are wrong, cybercubedthecritic, cybercubedthesadist, dc comics, echo cubed, fantastic casting, leto=joker, romero>leto, thread for 12 year olds