The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #61
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
How about that new episode?

Spoiler:
That's it for the White Walkers. Arya did the deed!
It was awesome! Very epic!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
A lot of people complaining that it was too dark and hard to see what's going on, but I'm certain that was the point. From the first moment we see the torches going out to all the craziness outside and inside the gates, we're seeing what the good guys are seeing: swarms of dark masses coming out of the darkness.

I'm a little upset that nothing really profound came of the episode. I love the horror movie aspect of it, and the way it was shot and the tension... but really, you boil it down and it's super simple. The White Walkers show up, they fight, kill a lot of people, and are defeated (by Arya... I figured it'd be her -- now with Jaime still alive to kill Cersei, without any significant kills for Jon this season, he'll likely be the one to kill Daenerys when she goes nuts!). And that's that. It's the most basic, kneejerk outcome ever.

We didn't learn one new thing about the White Walkers, no secrets about them or any extra layers to their machinations, not anything. No last mystery card was played, they didn't plant any seeds as to stuff that may come or making us second guess things we thought we knew about them... nothing. And now they're wiped out entirely, like they never existed. I suspect this isn't at all the way Martin intended things to go, but I have no idea.

What was the point of Bran even warging in this? And the humans' plan of defense/attack was... very strange. They basically sacrificed the Dothraki entirely and for nothing. A lot of contrivances to explain away why Jon and Daenerys couldn't be in place strafing the battlefield with their dragons at key times.

In terms of who died, it was about as expected. Could have been a lot worse! With the Hound surviving, Clegain Bowl is still on the table, and with Jaime alive, so is him being the last face Cersei sees in life. And with Brienne AND Tormund still standing, there's still hope for... that. Figured Gendry (and possibly Podrick) would be dead meat this episode, but it's good he was not. Definitely saw Jorah dying... this is one big step in Daenerys going nuts, I bet.

Still, that last moment with Arya jumping, screaming, and killing the Night King... gotta say. That was a true "F*** YEAH!!!" moment. And well deserved.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #63
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
I think the profound meaning of the episode will be that they all had to work together to achieve the ultimate goal, which is to live. Cersei represents everything that is wrong with being a supreme ruler and that one person sitting on the iron throne is the problem. I’d bet money there will not be an iron throne by the end of all of this. Jaime will kill Cersei and become the Queen slayer because you know “the things we do for love.” Dany will probably die by Jon’s hand and nobody rules Westeros. Ultimately who knows? It’ll be interesting to see how they wrap all of this up in three episodes.

Also I’m bummed Jorah died even though I knew he would in this episode protecting Dany. My only disappointment was that Jon didn’t really do much but his time is coming I’m sure. Overall the pacing and mood of the episode was outstanding and it wasn’t too dark. If people really couldn’t tell what was going on its probably because they have struggled at keeping track of the six dozen main characters throughout the entire series!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Does anyone honestly still think Daenerys isn't going mad?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #65
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

This last episode I for the first time was kind of bored with GOT. But this episode clearly is building towards the Mad Queen theory!
Old 05-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
This last episode I for the first time was kind of bored with GOT. But this episode clearly is building towards the Mad Queen theory!
Totes.

And now... celebrities are going after the last episode because social justice in a fictional world:

https://tvweb.com/game-of-thrones-ra...-ava-duvernay/
Old 05-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #67
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Totes.

And now... celebrities are going after the last episode because social justice in a fictional world:

https://tvweb.com/game-of-thrones-ra...-ava-duvernay/
What absolute ridiculous BS! These idiot celebrities need to just shut their mouths and collect their millions for playing dress up! I mean the show with dragons and zombies and mystical crap doesn’t need to be an accurate analogy for a politically correct real world! Im now convinced Varys is going to sit on the iron throne as he has neither male or female genitals and might be bisexual so that all the bases are covered!
Old 05-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

It's like, nobody can even attempt to tell a story anymore, of any kind, because whatever they do is going to "trigger" someone.

Not enough non-white people? Not enough females? Not enough bisexuals/homosexuals/whatever-sexuals? Any plot points in which the characters behave in a scummy or even less-than-noble fashion? Anyone portrayed as a victim of abuse, even if they eventually persevere and overcome it? CONGRATULATIONS, your story is garbage and you're not allowed to tell it.

I remember the days when people just wrote from their heart (or whatever) and didn't have to sit down with a comprehensive "SJW Trigger Point Checklist" to make sure that their story was "acceptable". It's gotten pretty ridiculous.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #69
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Well episode 5 sucked big time! Can’t really say much more than that at this moment!
Old 05-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #70
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
Well episode 5 sucked big time! Can’t really say much more than that at this moment!
Yeah, they really sh!t the bed in this final season. Sucks, but oh well.

The Cleganebowl scene was good though, but everything else was a no for me dawg
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #71
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Spoiler:
I guess that was the best possible happy ending for this series. Starks standing/sitting tall was the only thing I ever wanted. Now do Arya's spin-off series in unknown lands.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:25 AM   #72
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Spoiler:
I'm not entirely surprised by Daenerys's downfall. Even the books imply that she has the potential to become a crazed Queen. And we do see hints of her becoming tyrannical in her conquest to reclaim what she feels is her birthright. I also agree they should have done more with featuring her downward spiral into madness rather than just showing her just suddenly a crazy bitch and brushing it off as the defect of the Targaryen Genes.

I am aware that there was a mindset or an oath that if Daenerys cannot have the throne, then no one will and Drogan saw to that. But, my interpretation of that final moment was that while John killed her because she was too dangerous to exist as she was, it was truly the Iron Throne that destroyed her.

While the Dragons in the GOT universe are depicted as feral minded beasts, it has been often hinted and implied that they are also rather intelligent. Over the course of Westeros history from the moment of the Iron Thrones creation, people have suffered and died under its rule and also in the pursuit of it. Dany's herself has also lost herself to it proving that she also didn't deserve to claim the throne. So when Drogan appears, John knows that even though he is pissing himself in fear being face to face with Drogon. He also accept that if the dragon roasted him right then and there it would be a fitting end after he has just murdered the love of his life. But instead, Drogon lets him live with his pain and guilt and destroys the throne so that Westeros would be reborn with out it's influence.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Spoiler:
I guess that was the best possible happy ending for this series. Starks standing/sitting tall was the only thing I ever wanted. Now do Arya's spin-off series in unknown lands.
Not gonna happen. For some reason they are terrified to do any sort of sequel series. The only things being pitched around are ancient prequel crap.

Cowards.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #74
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Spoiler:
Might as well kiss that good-bye. For whatever reason, HBO president has come out and said forget about any sequels, and especially shot down an Arya spin off. GRRM talks about several developing spinoffs, and the same HBO president comes out and says they only have one pilot and will see how that goes, but he says he wants to get away from Game of Thrones and doesn't want it to be HBO's cash cow. So, there you have it. It's possible that Benioff and Weiss might have a clause in their contract that only they can work on the Song of Fire and Ice storyline and it's characters, so HBO is just trying to stick with the deal by supporting the showrunners publicly, that way they might come back if Star Wars doesn't work out.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

George R.R. Martin gets blunt about show's ending:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/martin-g...hrones-ending/
Old 10-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The pilot for the Game of Thrones prequel series was not picked up and that show is dead.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10...GhlMAgUFHW02q8

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-05-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:17 PM   #77
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Peter Dinklage reflects on why people are mad at the end of Game of Thrones:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/dinklag...nale-backlash/

"They wanted the pretty white people to ride off into the sunset together. By the way, it’s fiction. There’s dragons in it. Move on. [Laughs.] No, but the show subverts what you think, and that’s what I love about it."

I didn't want any "pretty white people to ride off into the sunset together." I was even greatly looking forward to Daenerys' turn to rageful evil as that seemed clear that was always going to happen. What I wanted even two or three of the ten giant loose ends teased in previous seasons paid off of and the last two seasons not seeming like ultra rushed synopses instead of actual stories the quality and craft as the previous ones.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #78
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

We forever have to accept that D&D sh!t the bed with the final season. Dinklage's comments were pretty annoying, but I figure he's completely out-of-touch with book fans or even show-only fans who were hoping everything that had been foreshadowed in the first 7 seasons to be paid-off or resolved to some extent
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of cucks, social justice is coming