The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-27-2020, 09:04 PM   #141
Adventuremaster18
Mouser

Despite the writing not being the greatest thing in the world, 2018 TMNT does excel in style and animation. It almost looks like a Studio Trigger cartoon at times. It's definitely the most well animated series, but I feel it goes more for style over substance at times, still, it's better than something like the Bay Turtles or Next Mutation.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #142
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuremaster18 View Post
Despite the writing not being the greatest thing in the world, 2018 TMNT does excel in style and animation. It almost looks like a Studio Trigger cartoon at times. It's definitely the most well animated series, but I feel it goes more for style over substance at times, still, it's better than something like the Bay Turtles or Next Mutation.
I personally think its style and substance especially after episode 13 and yeah you can tell the animators enjoy Trigger shows especially in this scene.

Also no Leo still isn't leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Donnie with those eyebrows and all that equipment
I personally enjoy his eyebrows.

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-27-2020 at 10:18 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:12 PM   #143
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuremaster18 View Post
I don't really believe they should ditch all Fred Wolf stuff. Whether you like it or not (I'm not particularly a fan of the Fred Wolf TMNT cartoon itself), it's part of the history of TMNT and will forever be a part of it. I like Mirage TMNT, but it's not a flawless comic either.

I like a lot of the adaptations such as the 2012 TMNT for reinventing aspects of Fred Wolf and doing something somewhat interesting with them.

*snip*

I feel paying homage to various versions to a good way to respect the history of TMNT, regardless of which version you started with.
I don't think anyone has any issue with some Fred Wolf homages. I think the issue arises when Fred Wolf starts to dominate and squeeze out what is original.

Cute homages are fine. Not so much the full fledged cameos of Fred Wolf Turtles and replacement of 2k12's two original henchmen with this iteration's version of B&R to blatently please the Fred Wolf fans.

Then there was the second BayTurtles movie, heavily drawing on Fred Wolf, over any other iteration.

I don't think they 'ditched' Fred Wolf. On the contrary, they have relied on it too much, to the point it ends up frustrating some fans who just want to see something different.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #144
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

TMNT 2K3 just didn't grab me - Rise hasn't done that either.

2K12 and OT are okay to watch in small doses, but I doubt that I could binge watch through either series through all the seasons.

I wasn't crazy for Secret of the Ooze or TMNT III - the later movies might have redeemed both 2 and 3. TMNT 2007 is still one that I haven't seen yet.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote