The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #1
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Thoughts to consider/What Ifs

Here's just some thoughts going through my head about the 2003 series. Of course, I don't expect a series to answer these. It's just fun to think of these ideas. If you would like to expand, be my guest.

If the 2003 series continued on what would of been the proper ending?

How would the ''Shredder Wars'' situation have happened?

How would the ''Same As It Never Was'' universe happen? Considering Shredder took the world over, how does this take shape?

How do the Foot recruit members?

What did the Foot/Sakki do during the Meji Restoration Era onto WW1, and WW2.

How did Karai just leave the Foot organization?

If the US Government knew Sakki was corrupt (''Hun on The Run'' episode in Bishops dialogue with Sakki in the prologue proves this'') why didn't they try to covertly take him out?

What would of the Foot been doing if their was never a rivalry with the Turtles?

What would the Turtles be doing today in post Back to the Sewer expanded universe?

We never see a trace of the Foot in Fast Forward. Does the Foot simply go defunct?
Enter The Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:14 AM   #2
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I want to know what went down for Ch'rell to adopt Karai after she'd been abandoned.

And what that process was like for the two of them.

Why/when did Ch'rell reveal his true identity to Karai?

And what made Karai so special to Ch'rell. Surely he's passed by hundreds of abandoned orphans in the past. Why her?

And what the hell happened to Ch'rell to make him hate his own kind so much???
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Foot View Post
Here's just some thoughts going through my head about the 2003 series. Of course, I don't expect a series to answer these. It's just fun to think of these ideas. If you would like to expand, be my guest.

How would the ''Same As It Never Was'' universe happen? Considering Shredder took the world over, how does this take shape?

If the US Government knew Sakki was corrupt (''Hun on The Run'' episode in Bishops dialogue with Sakki in the prologue proves this'') why didn't they try to covertly take him out?

What would of the Foot been doing if their was never a rivalry with the Turtles?

What would the Turtles be doing today in post Back to the Sewer expanded universe?

We never see a trace of the Foot in Fast Forward. Does the Foot simply go defunct?
  1. Uh, depends? If Fast Forward had a second season as planned the Shredder would have returned fused to a triceraton, if Back to the Sewer continued we might have gotten the Shredder war, there could also have been another name change season, who really knows? Regardless, I consider season 5 to be the "proper" ending and FF and BTTS are just pointless sequels.
  2. Not difficult to figure out how it starts, Utrom Shredder is freed from his exile, another copy of Cyber Shredder is given physical form, some lunatics revive Demon Shredder (in a weakened state), all this occur around the same time and it creates a split in the Shredder's followers. Khan rhinks he kills the Turtles but they actually got away. As for the ending? One of the following: They're all defeated, one is victorius (presumably the Utrom since the writers would assume he's the one the audience is the most attached to) or a new Shredder emerges and takes the role of main villain.
  3. You mean after he's defeated? Boring answer, Earth recovers and becomes more or less what it was before. More exciting answer, the ties between Earth and the Utrom Homeworld lead to an alliance.
  4. Mercenaries? People seeking meaning? Brainwashing? Cloning? I honestly don't care but the only individuals we've seen get recruited were Karai and Mashimi. Karai was brought in because she had nowhere to go and Mashimi joined because he wanted revenge. Take a guess from there.
  5. Establishing the fake persona of a philanthropist.
  6. That's a bit of a continuity hickup, she's absent in all of BTTS except for the wedding and she's never implied to work with the current Foot Clan, yet in Turtles Forever she's back in charge. You could say the group in BTTS is a splinter faction still dedicated to wrong doing but there is no real explaination.
  7. I don't know, probable cause?
  8. Get the Sword of Tengu, track down the TCRI utroms, take over the facility, complete the Transmat, bring the Foot to the Utrom homeworld to take it over, get back to Earth to take that over, put both Humans and Utroms in a slave army to take over other world and build a universal empire. It's pretty much stated that's what the Shredder wants to do.
  9. Fight the Shredder War, I wopuld assume.
  10. Or operating from the shadows or other planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I want to know what went down for Ch'rell to adopt Karai after she'd been abandoned.

And what that process was like for the two of them.

Why/when did Ch'rell reveal his true identity to Karai?

And what made Karai so special to Ch'rell. Surely he's passed by hundreds of abandoned orphans in the past. Why her?

And what the hell happened to Ch'rell to make him hate his own kind so much???
  1. As I see it, he saw someone he could raise to be a trusted ally he could share the necessary secrets with. Someone had to know he was an Utrom so he could get medical attention and help in other ways he couldn't be in disguise for, but it couldn't be open to every Foot Clan member since it could not be allowed to leak to the public. He might have done the same thing several times over before her.
  2. Do you mean if they did it legally? Sure, unless someone familiar with japanese adoption law has something to say.
  3. Probably when she could be trusted to keep her mouth shut, teenage years I'd assume.
  4. Maybe she had just the right background, maybe he sensed talent in her.
  5. He did horrible things to other worlds and tried to take over the governmentm, so they tried to imprison him. He was a fugitive and they were still trying to prosicute him.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 07-17-2017 at 04:46 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
I always thought that it would have been cool if Donatello realized that the events in "Exodus" would lead to SAINW if Shredder was allowed to escape Earth.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
Enter The Foot
Mouser

This one just hit me

What's with Hun's mind change on the Shredder. I believe in Dragon's Brew he praised Shredder. And in sense wanted to be like him (him making Purple Dragons call him ''Master Hun''). Then I believe in Dragon's Rising? I get Dragon's Brew and Dragons Rising confused in order. But, the 2nd main plot correlating with the Purple Dragon's Hun badmouths Shredder to Karai. Then he continues this in ''Enter The Dragon Part 1''. I understand the disgust. But, was this a botch in the show's dialogue. Because his opinion was a drastic 360.

Also what would Hun's role be if the hypothetical ''Shredder War's season'' had happened?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

I always figured Karai was just the most recent in a long line of orphans he'd taken in and made his number two.

Quote:
This one just hit me

What's with Hun's mind change on the Shredder. I believe in Dragon's Brew he praised Shredder. And in sense wanted to be like him (him making Purple Dragons call him ''Master Hun''). Then I believe in Dragon's Rising? I get Dragon's Brew and Dragons Rising confused in order. But, the 2nd main plot correlating with the Purple Dragon's Hun badmouths Shredder to Karai. Then he continues this in ''Enter The Dragon Part 1''. I understand the disgust. But, was this a botch in the show's dialogue. Because his opinion was a drastic 360.

Also what would Hun's role be if the hypothetical ''Shredder War's season'' had happened?
I know he became disgusted once he found out Shredder was an alien. Was the latter after this?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:51 PM   #7
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I always figured Karai was just the most recent in a long line of orphans he'd taken in and made his number two.

I know he became disgusted once he found out Shredder was an alien. Was the latter after this?
This would be later on dude. The observations are from ''Dragons Brew'' (Hun looking at the Shredder in a positive sense) and ''Dragons Rising'' and ''Enter The Dragon Part 1'' (Hun viewing Shredder in a negative respect).
Old 07-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
This would be later on dude. The observations are from ''Dragons Brew'' (Hun looking at the Shredder in a positive sense) and ''Dragons Rising'' and ''Enter The Dragon Part 1'' (Hun viewing Shredder in a negative respect).
What episode where he found out he was an alien? It's been 10 years+ since I've seen this stuff so I don't remember a lot.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 PM   #9
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Quote:
What episode where he found out he was an alien? It's been 10 years+ since I've seen this stuff so I don't remember a lot.
That would be the end of ''Exodus Part 1''.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:25 AM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

'kayso, Exodus was before those other ones, so he still had some sort of respect for him in Brew, but changed his tune by Rising? Is that what you're saying?

I just wanna make sure I'm not getting it confused.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. Not difficult to figure out how it starts, Utrom Shredder is freed from his exile, another copy of Cyber Shredder is given physical form, some lunatics revive Demon Shredder (in a weakened state), all this occur around the same time and it creates a split in the Shredder's followers. Khan thinks he kills the Turtles but they actually got away. As for the ending? One of the following: They're all defeated, one is victorius (presumably the Utrom since the writers would assume he's the one the audience is the most attached to) or a new Shredder emerges and takes the role of main villain.

My guess is if allowed to continue to the Shredder War it would play out like that. The Cyber Shredder was the big bad in Back to the Sewers, but he wouldn't have happened if Viral hadn't come back from the future with them. Maybe the Cyber Shredder accepts he will need the assistance of his previous shredders to take out the Turtles once and for all. So he rescues Utrom Shredder and revives Tengu Shredder so they can formulate a plan to destroy the Turtles. With Khan doing the deed.

So when the trap happens Khan assumes the Turtles are dead. Leo, Raph, and Mikey manage to escape. Donnie, unfortunately, is not so lucky. The other Turtles inform Splinter, April, Casey, Leatherhead, Honeycutt, and their many other allies about what happened. And for many fruitless nights they search the city and the trap but come across nothing and one by one they come to the sad conclusion that Donatello was gone. The only one who remains in denial is Mikey even when everyone else is telling him to accept that Donnie was dead.Splinter cryptically maintains that he will return to them someday when they need him most.

Since the Foot Clan also didn't succeed in finding Donatello's remains they have no official proof the Turtles are dead. Khan, however, maintains that he did succeed in slaying the Turtles. But now that the Turtles are gone, the three Shredders go to war amongst each other. Eventually, Utrom Shredder comes out the victor.

While the war was going on the Turtles were laying low and preparing for the what will happen when the war between the Shredder's comes to an end. In the meantime, there is another war brewing between Raph and Leo.

When the war comes to an end the Turtles start to emerge, and it's not long after that the Foot take notice of them. Khan is executed for his failure in killing the Turtles. And the Turtles themselves are forced into battles where they barely make it out alive. During their first encounter with Shredder, he gloatingly comments that their fourth brother is likely hiding with their rat father. This leads Leo and Raph to realize that the Foot Clan doesn't know for certain that Donnie is dead. But Mikey angerly barks that Donnie abandoned them years ago. Shredder laughs and says that at least he was smart enough to do so, but he will inevitably be found put to death much like the three of them will be.

The Turtles manage to escape and Leo tries to reason with Mikey about his statement. Mikey, however, is beyond listening and says that Donnie left them behind to face the Shredder without him. They knew Donnie didn't enjoy all the battles, and probably used that trap Khan laid out for them as an excuse to leave them all behind. Because he didn't have the guts to tell them himself that he didn't want to fight anymore.

Raph starts to tell Mikey that he should accept that Donnie was dead. But Mikey says that even they didn't have proof he was gone either, they all just gave up. Raph starts to get angry at Mikey but Leo stops him. He later tells Raph that the Foot Clan doesn't know Donatello didn't make it out of that trap alive. This was something they could use to their advantage because as long as Shredder believes Donnie is still alive he knows that he is still a threat, and he will expend all resources to in an effort to find him. Raph still doesn't like the idea that Mikey is trashing Donnie's memory by saying he abandoned them.

While in the lair the Turtles continue preparing their resistance against the Shredder, which isn't easy without Donatello to balance out their team. Eventually, one or more of the security measures Donnie has in place for the protection of the lair fails and their lair is found and destroyed. Splinter sacrifices himself so his sons could escape.

This is the tipping point for the animosity between Leo and Raph. Raph accuses Leo of leaving Splinter behind to die just like he left Donnie behind years ago. Leo, however, maintains he had no choice in the matter and it was the three of them escaping or none of them making it out alive.

The fight becomes heated and it ends with Raph slashing his sai across Leo's face blinding him. Raph's left eye gets stabbed out by a shuriken. And Mikey losing his left arm when he tries to step between them. In fear of losing another brother and blinded by pain themselves, the two of them make their way to Leatherhead who patches them up. Mikey, Raph, and Leo all recover thanks to Leatherhead's help. April and Casey are able to get to the lair and retrieve Splinter's body, and they have a funeral for him. Even though Splinter's loss weighed heavy on their shoulders it also weakened the Shredder and his forces. They use the opportunity to try and take on the Shredder themselves with Casey. Unfortunately, the Shredder still proves too formidable a foe, they escape but Casey is lost to them during the battle. Leo and Raph get into another argument about what happened, but this time instead of coming to blows they go their separate ways.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #12
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
My guess is if allowed to continue to the Shredder War it would play out like that. The Cyber Shredder was the big bad in Back to the Sewers, but he wouldn't have happened if Viral hadn't come back from the future with them. Maybe the Cyber Shredder accepts he will need the assistance of his previous shredders to take out the Turtles once and for all. So he rescues Utrom Shredder and revives Tengu Shredder so they can formulate a plan to destroy the Turtles. With Khan doing the deed.

So when the trap happens Khan assumes the Turtles are dead. Leo, Raph, and Mikey manage to escape. Donnie, unfortunately, is not so lucky. The other Turtles inform Splinter, April, Casey, Leatherhead, Honeycutt, and their many other allies about what happened. And for many fruitless nights they search the city and the trap but come across nothing and one by one they come to the sad conclusion that Donatello was gone. The only one who remains in denial is Mikey even when everyone else is telling him to accept that Donnie was dead.Splinter cryptically maintains that he will return to them someday when they need him most.

Since the Foot Clan also didn't succeed in finding Donatello's remains they have no official proof the Turtles are dead. Khan, however, maintains that he did succeed in slaying the Turtles. But now that the Turtles are gone, the three Shredders go to war amongst each other. Eventually, Utrom Shredder comes out the victor.

While the war was going on the Turtles were laying low and preparing for the what will happen when the war between the Shredder's comes to an end. In the meantime, there is another war brewing between Raph and Leo.

When the war comes to an end the Turtles start to emerge, and it's not long after that the Foot take notice of them. Khan is executed for his failure in killing the Turtles. And the Turtles themselves are forced into battles where they barely make it out alive. During their first encounter with Shredder, he gloatingly comments that their fourth brother is likely hiding with their rat father. This leads Leo and Raph to realize that the Foot Clan doesn't know for certain that Donnie is dead. But Mikey angerly barks that Donnie abandoned them years ago. Shredder laughs and says that at least he was smart enough to do so, but he will inevitably be found put to death much like the three of them will be.

The Turtles manage to escape and Leo tries to reason with Mikey about his statement. Mikey, however, is beyond listening and says that Donnie left them behind to face the Shredder without him. They knew Donnie didn't enjoy all the battles, and probably used that trap Khan laid out for them as an excuse to leave them all behind. Because he didn't have the guts to tell them himself that he didn't want to fight anymore.

Raph starts to tell Mikey that he should accept that Donnie was dead. But Mikey says that even they didn't have proof he was gone either, they all just gave up. Raph starts to get angry at Mikey but Leo stops him. He later tells Raph that the Foot Clan doesn't know Donatello didn't make it out of that trap alive. This was something they could use to their advantage because as long as Shredder believes Donnie is still alive he knows that he is still a threat, and he will expend all resources to in an effort to find him. Raph still doesn't like the idea that Mikey is trashing Donnie's memory by saying he abandoned them.

While in the lair the Turtles continue preparing their resistance against the Shredder, which isn't easy without Donatello to balance out their team. Eventually, one or more of the security measures Donnie has in place for the protection of the lair fails and their lair is found and destroyed. Splinter sacrifices himself so his sons could escape.

This is the tipping point for the animosity between Leo and Raph. Raph accuses Leo of leaving Splinter behind to die just like he left Donnie behind years ago. Leo, however, maintains he had no choice in the matter and it was the three of them escaping or none of them making it out alive.

The fight becomes heated and it ends with Raph slashing his sai across Leo's face blinding him. Raph's left eye gets stabbed out by a shuriken. And Mikey losing his left arm when he tries to step between them. In fear of losing another brother and blinded by pain themselves, the two of them make their way to Leatherhead who patches them up. Mikey, Raph, and Leo all recover thanks to Leatherhead's help. April and Casey are able to get to the lair and retrieve Splinter's body, and they have a funeral for him. Even though Splinter's loss weighed heavy on their shoulders it also weakened the Shredder and his forces. They use the opportunity to try and take on the Shredder themselves with Casey. Unfortunately, the Shredder still proves too formidable a foe, they escape but Casey is lost to them during the battle. Leo and Raph get into another argument about what happened, but this time instead of coming to blows they go their separate ways.

I feel this would be a amazing way to merge both concepts. This would be great and can explain the whole reason on how a Shredder War gets on it's way.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #13
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Quote:
'kayso, Exodus was before those other ones, so he still had some sort of respect for him in Brew, but changed his tune by Rising? Is that what you're saying?

I just wanna make sure I'm not getting it confused.
That would be right.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #14
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
I guess the Shredder Wars could've worked as an ending had the show continued.

Quote:
The best way that I can imagine it happening is someone stealing the time scepter and messing with time and space.

Quote:
In an alternate timeline, Shredder was victorious. At least for me, I don't think it requires a whole lot of explaining.

Quote:
I assume that unlike the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, Foot recruits have nothing to do with the street gangs. I assume that the Foot recruit members the way that they did in Karate Schooled.

Quote:
"Wait, for opportunities to present themselves."

Quote:
With Shredder gone, I don't think she had a any trouble just walking away.

Quote:
This would seem to imply that the US government isn't corrupt as well.

But that being the case, I just assume that the US government and The Foot never had conflicting agendas until the recovery of alien technology came about.

Quote:
Maybe eventually some day Shredder would've used his big utrom brain and realized (the way that April did with TCRI) that a quick little internet search for the name "Mortu" would pop up the TCRI organization leading to the same showdown that took place in Secret Origins.

Quote:
Maybe they sit around hoping that some day Nickelodeon will one day wise up and give their favorite cartoon a proper DVD release?

Quote:
I don't have a hard time imagining that the Foot never recovered from the events of Wedding Bells and Bytes and Turtles Forever.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
Enter The Foot
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I guess the Shredder Wars could've worked as an ending had the show continued.

The best way that I can imagine it happening is someone stealing the time scepter and messing with time and space.

In an alternate timeline, Shredder was victorious. At least for me, I don't think it requires a whole lot of explaining.

I assume that unlike the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, Foot recruits have nothing to do with the street gangs. I assume that the Foot recruit members the way that they did in Karate Schooled.

"Wait, for opportunities to present themselves."

With Shredder gone, I don't think she had a any trouble just walking away.

This would seem to imply that the US government isn't corrupt as well.

But that being the case, I just assume that the US government and The Foot never had conflicting agendas until the recovery of alien technology came about.

Maybe eventually some day Shredder would've used his big utrom brain and realized (the way that April did with TCRI) that a quick little internet search for the name "Mortu" would pop up the TCRI organization leading to the same showdown that took place in Secret Origins.

Maybe they sit around hoping that some day Nickelodeon will one day wise up and give their favorite cartoon a proper DVD release?

I don't have a hard time imagining that the Foot never recovered from the events of Wedding Bells and Bytes and Turtles Forever.

''The Same As It Never Was'' questioned was aimed more more so at ''How did Shredder take the world over''in a sense. Focusing on him being able to make such vast army to take over the globe. But some great opinions you have!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I don't think the Foot brainwashed, except "Karate Schooled". Then it would be revealed, and it would be all about Donatello trying to invent some ray breaking the brainwash.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #17
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I don't think the Foot brainwashed, except "Karate Schooled". Then it would be revealed, and it would be all about Donatello trying to invent some ray breaking the brainwash.
The brainwashing may have only been specific to the Karate Schooled episode. But the point that I was making is that I think that the people who get trained to become Foot Ninjas are just ordinary people getting trained in the art of Ninjutsu. They're not Purple Dragons who get promoted, kind of like in the original live movie.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #18
victory_angel
Foot Elite

It would make some sense for the foot clan to have been brainwashed. While the Foot Soldiers are generally criminal minded people. They are still expendable and to get the numbers Shredder has, he would have needed to get them cheaply and easily. What is a better way then having a groups of people sign up to learn Karate, or self-defense and then brainwash them into doing things that put their lives and family honor at risk
Old 07-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

One thing we know at least is the Foot had the Kuraiyama freighter ship to carry people onboard from Japan.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #20
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
[*]He did horrible things to other worlds and tried to take over the government, so they tried to imprison him. He was a fugitive and they were still trying to prosecute him.[/LIST]
What I mean to say is, what happened to Ch'rell in his history that made him hate his own kind enough to become a criminal? Karai seemed to be told he was their "victim" his "entire life", so I assume that means it developed when he was a child.