The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Watch the Bruce Willis 'Death Wish' trailer

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I used the drome search function and didn't find anything. I guess twitter is on fire because of it. Reminds me of the saying "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. Looks good enough to watch. imho

Last edited by TurtleWA; 08-04-2017 at 09:34 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Fans of Eli Roth, Bruce Willis, the 1974 action thriller Death Wish and/or movies with lots of guns will likely be thrilled by a new trailer. Many internet commentators, however, are not.

The trailer for Roth's Death Wish remake arrived Thursday, featuring Willis playing Dr. Paul Kersey, a Chicago surgeon-turned-vigilante who, after criminals assault his wife and daughter, decides to brutally hunt them down himself.

211k Shares facebook sharetwitter shareemail shareemail share
Play Video

Bruce Willis‘ status as an action hero is unshakable. USA TODAY

Fans of Eli Roth, Bruce Willis, the 1974 action thriller Death Wish and/or movies with lots of guns will likely be thrilled by a new trailer. Many internet commentators, however, are not.

The trailer for Roth's Death Wish remake arrived Thursday, featuring Willis playing Dr. Paul Kersey, a Chicago surgeon-turned-vigilante who, after criminals assault his wife and daughter, decides to brutally hunt them down himself.

While some fans celebrated the trailer's release, many Twitter commenters condemned the violence of the trailer, calling its tone a poor fit for America's fraught political climate.

"Fair or not, I can't think of a more tone-deaf idea in this political/social environment than white filmmakers remaking #DEATHWISH," tweeted Forbes critic Scott Mendelson.

"Pretty sure the NRA just found their next ad," wrote one Twitter user, with another calling the trailer "a grim, grave, corrosive urban horror picture."

The backlash to the backlash has already started, with voices on the rightcalling out the "Democratic meltdown over Death Wish."

Death Wish lands in theaters on Nov. 22.

[/quote]

Eh, I don't see it being alt-right when Bruce Willis is just avenging his family. Seems the police won't do anything so he took matters in his own hands.

Pretty cut and dry. Cliche story and sounds a lot like Kill Bill; nothing much to fuss tbh.

Internet is over-reacting once again.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

It's literally a marketing thing. Suddenly all these sites post the same thing for a movie no one cares about? Nah.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Generic trailer that uses Back in Black, Eli Roth directing, and Bruce Willis in a pointless remake. All these are a recipe for me to avoid.

I just can't imagine a movie coming out this day and age being able to be as raw as the original, well not a Hollywood one at least. And as I mentioned earlier, Bruce is just terrible, hasn't been good in almost everything he's in for a long time.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Eli Roth? Does anybody take him seriously? I don't, not after his Cabin Fever and embarrassing cameo:

DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:34 AM   #6
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Willis looks tired and doughy. He should find something new to do.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote