The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #3221
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Probably the wrong place to stick this but Ciro is still working on his story that he hopes will be a video release at some point if Nick will go for it, he said it would fill the gaps that a lot of the fans have a gripe with over the apocalypse. It seems he hasn't given up yet. Apparently a mix between invasion of the body snatchers and the Blob. (turtles are about 20) I wonder if he would be allowed to realise it in another format even if they shot down the movie, I'd be interested to see what his 20-year-old turtles look like, if any different.
I would love that so much. Seriously, even though I realize chances are low, just the idea already makes me hyped. 20-year old turtles? A Kraang entity? A new story and adventure? Man, they could have made a new season around that if they wanted to.

Not to mention the emotional weight such a season or movie would carry with it. Seeing your favorite characters return yet also knowing what has to happen in the end.

I hope Ciro is able to make it into a video release one day. It would add so much to this series and storyline.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #3222
CyberCubed
Overlord

20 year old Turtles would probably just look like the standard Turtle designs in every other series, since Nick's standard designs made them look like actual 15 year olds the first time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:19 PM   #3223
newfan
Mad Scientist

The finale starts airing tomorrow, they never air them as a movie here, so next weekend for the last part.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #3224
jignat
Foot Soldier

Hi guys I stopped watching the show in late season 3 and catching up on it.

Does anyone have a chronological watch order for Season 5?

I thought the big blowout was the last episode story wise, but some threads are saying the mutant apocalypse arc is the end?

Thanks.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:02 AM   #3225
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Hi guys I stopped watching the show in late season 3 and catching up on it.

Does anyone have a chronological watch order for Season 5?

I thought the big blowout was the last episode story wise, but some threads are saying the mutant apocalypse arc is the end?

Thanks.
Here you go

Scroll of the Demodragon
The Forgotten Swordsman
Heart of Evil
End Times
Lone Rat and Cubs
Curse of Savanti Romero
The Crypt of Dracula
The Frankenstein Experiment
Monsters Among Us
When Worlds Collide Part 1
When Worlds Collide Part 2
Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady
The Foot Walks Again
The Big Blow Out
Yojimbo
Osoroshi no Tabi
Kagayake! Kintaro
The Wasteland Warrior
The Impossible Desert
Carmageddon

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #3226
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Watching the turtle’s reaction to the ending of Cognard in ‘Dinosaur Seen In Sewer!’ makes me appreciate the shows final episode so much more lmao. Definitely the crew’s prediction as to how people would react to the ending lol.
“Not even like a TV movie or something?”
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #3227
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Are all the stories in Season 5, specifically Mutant Apocalypse, even canon? I've heard the concept of it just being a "what if" extra season thrown around, and I'm pretty confused.

I'd be happy if it wasn't canon, because Owari was a much better finale for the show than whatever the heck Mutant Apocalypse was supposed to be.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #3228
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Are all the stories in Season 5, specifically Mutant Apocalypse, even canon? I've heard the concept of it just being a "what if" extra season thrown around, and I'm pretty confused.

I'd be happy if it wasn't canon, because Owari was a much better finale for the show than whatever the heck Mutant Apocalypse was supposed to be.
There's been tons of talk on that here. In short, to the writers, yes and most go with that.

TMNT twitter account replied to someone who said Apocalypse wasn't and said 'correct' and then described season 5 as tales from beyond or something like that, so there's the confusion.
I think also, it was said that up to the end of season 4 was the main story they wanted to tell and that 5 would be fun tales, so you can choose to end with 4 if you want, however just because adventures happened after that story shouldn't have to mean they didn't happen.

Last edited by newfan; 03-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #3229
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
There's been tons of talk on that here.
To the writers, yes it is and most are going that.
TMNT twitter account replied to someone who said it wasn't and said 'correct' and then described season 5 as tales from beyond or something like that, so there's the confusion.
Redworld spoke to someone who works on the show and have said that the Kavaxas Arc is the true ending and the other arcs are just extra stories. There is a screen shot of that conversation somewhere.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #3230
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Redworld spoke to someone who works on the show and have said that the Kavaxas Arc is the true ending and the other arcs are just extra stories. There is a screen shot of that conversation somewhere.
Yeah, the only ones that feel cannon are the Kavaxas Arc and the Lone Rat and Cubs.

Kavaxas arc being an epilogue to the series and Lone Rat being just a flash back and a swan song for Splinter.

Since each of the seasons had their own centralized theme according to Blockbuster Buster

Season 1 was choices and conciquences

Season 2 was atonement

Season 3 was growing up

Season 4 was graduation

If season 5 had followed the same trend it’s central theme would have been Adulthood.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #3231
newhire13
Hench Mutant

The Mutant Apocalypse is definitely canon. That’s the ending in the sense that we know what happens after the show’s main storyline and after the turtles eventually grow up. It’s left open enough that you know there will probably be adventures for them after that but for us it just shows that, down the line, the turtles are still out there and still together.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #3232
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Unless that person was Ciro, their word holds no weight.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #3233
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, that's all nonsense. Of course every episode of Season 5 is canon. They meant the order of Season 5 can be watched in almost any order (besides the first arc and Mutant Apocalypse), because each story arc is self contained.

I don't where this "what if" nonsense is coming from.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #3234
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Oh man...Mutant Apocalypse. What a messed up way to end the series.

Its so sad! Like..is it reeeaallly canon?

Even if it is, I guess I can accept it. Sort of. At least the brothers are still together.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #3235
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post

Even if it is, I guess I can accept it. Sort of. At least the brothers are still together.
Yes, it's canon. Nothing about the other episodes really contradict it, there's no implication that it's an alternate timeline or anything. Not that it matters, if there were to be a comic book continuation or something it'd be easy to retcon. Just say that it was a simulation or have Renet pop up to reset everything, it's just that kind of show.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #3236
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'm really glad he's not. sounds like more stupid monster/horror fan fiction. this time a blob tribute. i can see why nick decided to pass.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #3237
newfan
Mad Scientist

They most likely passed as they had a new show coming.
Had they had an issue with the story it may be that it was linked to the apocalypse (though there was time before that happened to do stories, even ones that can link up but need to be directly a prequel)

Hopefully down the line they will let him do something like a DVD movie or maybe let him release this story in it another format.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #3238
asfaloth12
Thug

*throws a bag of popcorn into the microwave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
No, you just didn't like it. Sometimes fiction has contradictions and plot holes. Doesn't negate its belonging to a larger body of work.
*gasp* How dare I not like it? The heresy!! Oh, what a world! Just because it was poorly written, with severely OOC moments, and disposed of the female characters like trash....what's not to love?
This wasn't a simple plot hole. This was a massive plot abyss into which the story collapses and falls screaming to its inevitable doom.

Quote:
Jesus Christ. What a motherf*cking idiot. First of all, I said it was an arbitrary example, I knew it wasn't a perfect example.

Secondly... false equivalence? How about that retarded Tolkein example? Ciro was hired to create a new universe based on existing characters, not try to fit something into an existing fictional universe

Wow. This fool is really hung up on the legal aspect of this and has no respect for the creative side of things.

I don't give a sh*t what Peter said, as he's been wrong about stuff in the past. And the Mirage universe was so flexible anyways. But if the owner of any intellectual property says something demonstrably wrong, why would you side with them over the actual creator of the story? Stupid.

I'm also floored by their brain dead Star Wars comparisons. Seriously? There's countless contradictions between the PT and the OT alone.
This is something that should have addressed months ago, but work interfered. Better late than never. So, here it goes:
Nice. Insults, including ableist slurs. Creative side of things? There was no creativity involved in that special. It was nothing more than a lame attempt to prevent people from messing with this version of TMNT in the future. Also, Ciro is not the creator of TMNT. He is a showrunner/executive producer.
You owe EA Solinas an apology. But, I have little faith that one will be offered; her arguments really got under your skin, it seems. I think she won that argument quite handily.

Quote:
I will. Enjoy your stupid scene of FW Bebop dancing as the final moment of this great show.
Actually, I think I view End Times as the final episode of the main storyline. That said, I don't know what I'll end my re-watch on. Perhaps "When Worlds Collide". Since production order doesn't matter...
However, I would gladly take a scene of Bebop dancing a thousand times, over a misogynistic, plot hole-riddled Fury Road knock-off featuring the Bearded!Raph, as well Nipplehead (aka, an extremely OOC version of Leo) driving around a wasteland acting like an idiot
Granted, the photo at the end was very moving. It felt tacked on as hell, but still very sweet.

Quote:
Watching the turtle’s reaction to the ending of Cognard in ‘Dinosaur Seen In Sewer!’ makes me appreciate the shows final episode so much more lmao. Definitely the crew’s prediction as to how people would react to the ending lol.
In fairness, the initial reactions calmed down once people started pointing out the contradictions and heard that it's not officially considered "canon" by Nick. Then, most of those fans happily accepted it as an AU. Interestingly, the biggest tantrums actually ended up coming from certain fans of the special, in response to other fans pointing out the flaws or plot holes....or *gasp* daring to treat it an as AU or non-canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post

It's a cartoon. It's not real. You can imagine it ends however you want.

As to whether it's canon.....*hears howling in the distance* Aw, hell. This should be fun.
Officially? According to Nickelodeon? No. https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/9123...54814402744322

Logically? No. It has fairly massive plot holes surrounding Renet and the future she comes from (see the episode "Turtles in Time" from Season 3). Then, you have a Mutagen bomb coming out of nowhere despite the destruction/defeat of the Kraang.

According to the showrunners? It depends. Ciro Nieli wanted it to be. For pretty lame reasons. Brandon Auman more recently said it's up to audience interpretation. https://twitter.com/auman_brandon/st...29834192502784

Conclusion: Once again, it's completely up to you. I happily take the AU interpretation. My headcanon? Raph wrote a self-insert fanfiction after a Mad Max marathon. Leo did not appreciate the accompanying fanart. You do what's right for you
For the millionth time, if people want to see the Mutant Apocalypse special as the "true ending", that's fine....as long as they respect other fans who prefer the AU interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i'm really glad he's not. sounds like more stupid monster/horror fan fiction. this time a blob tribute. i can see why nick decided to pass.
Agreed. It sounds painfully bad (and I'm saying this as someone who enjoyed the first half of season 3). I'm seriously wondering if Ciro was losing it at the end.

**microwave beeps** **takes out the popcorn and starts munching**
Old 06-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #3239
Powder
So tired of this place

Who doesn't love a beaten dead horse?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #3240
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did this guy really just respond to 6-8 month old posts?

Tags
season 5