The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #81
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fruit that tastes like different fruit are just odd. But a good odd. lol Ever seen those apples that are red on the inside? o.O I'd like to find some for sale someday.

I admit it... the ads for Nick's new Mysticons series has me slightly annoyed feeling like it's stepping on TMNT's toes a little and gets a more serious show while our boys are due to get dumbed down. *sigh*

I mean really, a team of four that the ads have labeled "unlikely heroes" (or something like that) and points them out as "the leader," "the muscle," and split a Mikey sort in two. (I guess no Donnie, but wouldn't be surprised if that is filled in elsewhere.) They can't tell me they didn't take some cues from TMNT.

(According to wikipedia, there's also some disk thing that "assigns future generations of four new Mysticons when the time comes," so there's some Power Rangers influence too I guess?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #82
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I actually wanted to check that show out but never had the chance to on Wednesday because I was too tired and it's only shown on NickToons so if you don't get it, you miss out. I do get that channel now, so if the show plays again at some point, I might check it out just to see what's up with it. But I agree that they definitely took some cues from TMNT.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #83
sdp
-

Anyone remember those kiosks for movies that stores had in the electronics sections at stores in the 90s? What were they called? You pressed a button and it gave you like a 30 second or so trailer/preview of the different stuff they had.

I wanted to search for pictures of them and maybe even some rips from them on youtube but I can't find anything, I'm guessing they went by a name. Video games also had these, at least Nintendo did for SNES/N64/GB games and they were changed every few months.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #84
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Hot sake is good
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #85
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know those town building games, such as, for example, the one Nick has advertised for a while, "Spongebob Moves In"? I keep wanting a TMNT one.

Build and expand the city, bad guy headquarters, and, since it's underground, the lair in another screen. Maybe a portion of sewer tunnels too. Majority of it focused on the city though. Various buildings, dark allies to hide in, etc. Baddies to attack and earn from when they show up. Pizza place and other food joints to fuel up.

Why isn't this a thing.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:51 AM   #86
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Ive always wondered what on open world tmnt game wouldve been like, kinda like GTA.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:15 AM   #87
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever have a life defining day like they have in the movies.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:30 AM   #88
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

A TMNT game like that would be awesome, Indigo. I'd love to see something like that.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #89
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know you're from the U.S. northeast when you don't want hurricane Irma to hit the southeast.....because some tiny, irrational, demented part of you is envious. lol (Oh, and the whole 'sparing them what could happen if it did' part also of course. )

No one wants the aftermath, esp after seeing Jersey locally get its butt kicked by Sandy or like what Harvey has currently done down south, but I guess it's just the wish for the excitement of it. Something other than snowstorms; that perhaps others feel similar about when that gets hyped up all winter.

edit: Here's a cozy thought... supposedly "I" hurricane names have been retired (due to storm severity) more than any other letter.

An I/eye in both the center of the word and the storm itself. Forget the rarely tapped Greek names, the "I" storms appear to be the Alphas. o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Ive always wondered what on open world tmnt game wouldve been like, kinda like GTA.
Oh definitely that too. I'd also die for a TMNT themed MMO. Start out as human or animal, play through a few levels and end up mutated; go on missions and team up with the Turtles (sometimes just one - or more - of them, other times the whole team) for plenty of missions... Esp with other players along, you could have your own Mutanimals team.

Lets say starting as an animal is a safe bet regarding mutation (with the drawback of dull game play to start with, though slightly faster leveling to get through it), while starting as human leaves it up to chance and unknown what you become until you reach that point. Customizable features, but you're stuck with whatever you become, just like in a real TMNT world.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-04-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #90
Vegita-San
Emperor

Fake kermit the frog is not good for the muppets. Make Kermit Great again.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #91
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You know you're from the U.S. northeast when you don't want hurricane Irma to hit the southeast.....because some tiny, irrational, demented part of you is envious. lol (Oh, and the whole 'sparing them what could happen if it did' part also of course. )

No one wants the aftermath, esp after seeing Jersey locally get its butt kicked by Sandy or like what Harvey has currently done down south, but I guess it's just the wish for the excitement of it. Something other than snowstorms; that perhaps others feel similar about when that gets hyped up all winter.

edit: Here's a cozy thought... supposedly "I" hurricane names have been retired (due to storm severity) more than any other letter.

An I/eye in both the center of the word and the storm itself. Forget the rarely tapped Greek names, the "I" storms appear to be the Alphas. o.O

Oh definitely that too. I'd also die for a TMNT themed MMO. Start out as human or animal, play through a few levels and end up mutated; go on missions and team up with the Turtles (sometimes just one - or more - of them, other times the whole team) for plenty of missions... Esp with other players along, you could have your own Mutanimals team.

Lets say starting as an animal is a safe bet regarding mutation (with the drawback of dull game play to start with, though slightly faster leveling to get through it), while starting as human leaves it up to chance and unknown what you become until you reach that point. Customizable features, but you're stuck with whatever you become, just like in a real TMNT world.

THAT sounds like an AWESOME idea for a game! Although I would probably start the game just AFTER mutation, so that part of your tutorial in-game would be customizing you character according to a set of choices for mutation. Sort of like the race/gender choosing at the beginning of the Elder Scrolls games. (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc...) That way you could start as either human based or animal based and pick the mutation but it would still require getting used to the mutation.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #92
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, that would be cool. I know there used to be an RPG book called TMNT and Other Strangeness that was out once before, but something like what you guys describe would be really neat.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #93
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Actually I've seen copies of the RPG book back when I was first getting into RPG games. I've even considered buying the entire run of books for it to try it out. There was the main book Bubbly mentioned and a few supplements that went with it. And yeah, a console or PC video game based on it would really be cool. Kind of like some of the D&D based video games that have come out over the years(Icewind Dale, Balder's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Demon Stone, D&D Heroes, etc.), or the Elder Scrolls games I mentioned earlier.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #94
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I just realized there's a bit of a similarity to Nick's version of TMNT and the way Hasbro handles some of their Transformers figures. Nick's TMNT is filled with characters that barely resemble previous versions of the character and are just new ones with the name slapped on for posterity. While Hasbro does make new molds for some figures, a lot of figures are just repaints of others, made to look like new versions of other characters. Sometimes it'll work decently, but they mostly end up being a bit of a disappointment and it's obvious the mold was intended to be another character. Those figures are like those characters from Nick's TMNT: in-name-only.

That being said, even though those repaints irritate some collectors, some of those figures appeal to a lot of others. In some cases, it was unlikely those characters would ever get figures again and many are happy they got what they got. I'm certainly guilty of this. I guess Nick's version of those characters is similar in that regard too.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #95
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All things considered, was a phone booth REALLY the best place for Superman to change his suit?

I mean, it's out in the public with little windows all over. I'm pretty sure passersby would be able to see him.

Now, British Police box would have made more sense considering there aren't any windows, but the Doctor already made claim to that and there weren't police boxes in America.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #96
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You know, I never really thought of that. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Old 09-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #97
Vegita-San
Emperor

if people have arguments online, is it a new thing to first belittle a person and their opinion, before loudly claiming you are right?

the loud part has probably always been there, but the belittling part seems new and harsh. it's not enough a person has to be right, they have to boldly trash what you think about the situation first.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #98
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm not sure if it's a new thing, but it can happen online and offline. People like that are the worst kind.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #99
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
if people have arguments online, is it a new thing to first belittle a person and their opinion, before loudly claiming you are right?

the loud part has probably always been there, but the belittling part seems new and harsh. it's not enough a person has to be right, they have to boldly trash what you think about the situation first.
That's been around forever.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #100
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

For some reason, I thought the Bojack Horseman season 4 release was today...so of course I was disappointed to realize it's actually on Friday...