The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 02:27 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You're asking ME this. I have three memory cards worth of CAWS for both Day of Reckonings. I have almost every wrestling game ever released in America.

And yeah, the DoR had an awesome CAW system, but I only ever used it to make real wrestlers. I just got another card, though, so maybe I'll mess with some other CAWs for it. I mostly been playing the N64 ones lately, though.

DevilSpooky: I seen 'em. Neat. I'm curious now.
I figured you'd have played them

DoR 2 was pretty good. And its storymode completely sh*t on any SD game I have ever played. It didn't have as many wrestlers as the SD games of the time, but it was a quality game and more realistic than SD vs. Raw.

I never made a real wrestler on it. I began making a CAW of myself to play the story mode and then made the Turtles, Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and that's all, me thinks.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Like I said, we need Mortal Kombat TMNT fighting game. Straight up decapitation, slashing brutal beatdown and amped up the gore to the max. Blood all over the place.
No, nothing wrong with a little gore but MK sees gore as higher priority than gameplay.

If we're gonna pull something from another fighting game, how about using King of Fighters team mechanic instead? That way you can play as all four turtles in a match.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No, nothing wrong with a little gore but MK sees gore as higher priority than gameplay.
I'm not "the fighting game guy" but I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I haven't played the newest one, but the last MK game was crazy tight. I know the earliest MK games are pretty much looked at as "gore over gameplay", but I feel like everything since Deadly Alliance has had plenty of gameplay. I wouldn't say the violence is a higher priority. It's what sets them apart from other fighting game series, yeah, but I don't think it's THE priority, anymore.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:

If we're gonna pull something from another fighting game, how about using King of Fighters team mechanic instead? That way you can play as all four turtles in a match.
But don't make a Turtles fighting game as complicated as KoF. Especially NOT THE DAMN BOSSES. .

Quote:
I'm not "the fighting game guy" but I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I haven't played the newest one, but the last MK game was crazy tight. I know the earliest MK games are pretty much looked at as "gore over gameplay", but I feel like everything since Deadly Alliance has had plenty of gameplay. I wouldn't say the violence is a higher priority. It's what sets them apart from other fighting game series, yeah, but I don't think it's THE priority, anymore.
After watching the AVGN and Mike Matei playing Mortal Kombat X, I felt the desire to play it. Honestly, I love Street Fighter and all, but MK seems a lot funner to play with friends.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
The Snes version of Tournament Fighters comes the closest to being good but still has some problems with the gameplay
Like?

Nothing that I'd say would make me describe it as 'not good'. It might be shameless clone (which added some pretty significant innovations still used today btw) but I'd put it over the original SNES release of Street Fighter II.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

In my opinion, the animation on the SNES Tournament Fighters is somewhat too choppy for my taste. And when playing against that AI, the opponent tends to block attacks more than anything else. So annoying!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

They do, they do, and it's super frustrating, but every one of them has a very precise and repetitive pattern that's easy enough to exploit once you figure it out. Just takes a lot of trial and error. If you attack at the wrong time, though, then yeah, they hand you your ass. It's been a while since I played it, I'd probably get my ass handed to me now until I figured it all out again.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

SNES Tournament Fighters was an awesome game and very well done. I give it a huge amount of credit since at the time, fighting games were big and everyone and their mother made a fighting game for the home consoles.... and they all sucked unless they were ports of already existing successful arcade games. So games like MK and SF, already based on arcades were good.... but originals lie Shaq Fu and Ballz were horrible. I give the SNES TF credit for NOT being based on an arcade game and still rockin the house.

It's just too bad that the TMNT fame was all but dead when it came out, it easily could have had a sequel. It's too bad that whenever they decided to make a new fighting game it had to be Smash Brothers-y.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually, occasionally, have vivid dreams about playing 16-bit era games that never actually existed, like a second Tournament Fighters. I've woken up more than once pissed off that it wasn't real.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:01 AM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I actually, occasionally, have vivid dreams about playing 16-bit era games that never actually existed, like a second Tournament Fighters. I've woken up more than once pissed off that it wasn't real.
Heh, can't say I haven't had a similar experience! Every once in a while I'll also dream about watching a long lost classic series TMNT episode that's premiering for the first time.

Konami put a lot of work not only into the actual SNES TF game, but also in the manual promotional material with original artwork being commissioned for each playable character's pages:

Manual:
https://www.mediafire.com/?efbve2gjx4f771r[/QUOTE]

Japan really loved the Turtles in the mid-1990s.

Manual:
https://www.mediafire.com/?efbve2gjx4f771r

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 05-11-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #31
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
lol what I got out of this is that you are going through withdrawls

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #32
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Why doesn't anyone on here attempt to make a fighting game? I know there are a couple people on here that know how to do it. I'd do it myself but I have no knowledge when it comes to computer programming for video games. I'd still love to give input though.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #33
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Why doesn't anyone on here attempt to make a fighting game? I know there are a couple people on here that know how to do it. I'd do it myself but I have no knowledge when it comes to computer programming for video games. I'd still love to give input though.
Apparently there's this thing called M.U.G.E.N, which is a fighting game engine that is run by community created content, including TMNT.

The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #34
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Apparently there's this thing called M.U.G.E.N, which is a fighting game engine that is run by community created content, including TMNT.

I saw that and it's really cool but I'm referring to something with all new graphics like something in HD. I know you can do HD games with M.U.G.E.N but again, I myself have no knowledge on how to use it. I would very much love to though.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I saw that and it's really cool but I'm referring to something with all new graphics like something in HD. I know you can do HD games with M.U.G.E.N but again, I myself have no knowledge on how to use it. I would very much love to though.
It's pretty easy to download the basic program executable file. Then you'll need to go download some additional character and stage files and edited the program's data/select.def file to add the new stuff in there. I highly recommend you give it a look, especially the TMNT characters of dcat, who just released an update to his highly acclaimed Shredder custom.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #36
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
It's pretty easy to download the basic program executable file. Then you'll need to go download some additional character and stage files and edited the program's data/select.def file to add the new stuff in there. I highly recommend you give it a look, especially the TMNT characters of dcat, who just released an update to his highly acclaimed Shredder custom.
I did and I could never get it to work. when I put the characters in and tried to use them, I would always get an error.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #37
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I did and I could never get it to work. when I put the characters in and tried to use them, I would always get an error.
One thing that often causes that is the file names not being accurate and/or consistent between the character's folder, the character's .DEF file, and the character's listing on the data/select.def file.

If the Mugen program loads but then crashes whenever you try to select a specific character, then that's a likely explanation.

Plus, if you just want to view the sprites and animation files for Mugen characters (Dcat's stuff is a real treat), you can download the program Fighter Factory Ultimate.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #38
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
One thing that often causes that is the file names not being accurate and/or consistent between the character's folder, the character's .DEF file, and the character's listing on the data/select.def file.

If the Mugen program loads but then crashes whenever you try to select a specific character, then that's a likely explanation.

Plus, if you just want to view the sprites and animation files for Mugen characters (Dcat's stuff is a real treat), you can download the program Fighter Factory Ultimate.
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Lately, I really wanted to make a TMNT fighter with a large character roster. Actually, I had making a TMNT fighter in the back of my mind ever since my friend said a game studio in Canada was working on a new TMNT fighter that would've looked very much like SF4. Sadly, everything fell through.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Lately, I really wanted to make a TMNT fighter with a large character roster. Actually, I had making a TMNT fighter in the back of my mind ever since my friend said a game studio in Canada was working on a new TMNT fighter that would've looked very much like SF4. Sadly, everything fell through.
Fighter Factory Ultimate would probably be a necessary tool for doing something like that. If you're skilled enough with with sprite making/editing, it could open lots of possibilities for you.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #40
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Fighter Factory Ultimate would probably be a necessary tool for doing something like that. If you're skilled enough with with sprite making/editing, it could open lots of possibilities for you.
I never worked with sprites but I'm a master at Photoshop. I imagine that could be very useful. I'll check out Fighter Factory Ultimate.Thanks. It might be nice to get together with a group of people and make something really great happen.