The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Of course I can get behind this. There's no guarentee we pull any weight, but there's always a chance to have your voice heard and considered.

My hope right now is for "R" rated films like Logan and Deadpool to have a large "gravitational pull" on the film industry, which even has some effect on properties usually considered for children.
Sure, it may not lead to an "R" rated TMNT flick, but I imagine there will be some type of reverberation that could reach Viacom. A wake up call that audiences can handle a little more grit.

As for taking action, I'm really not sure what we can do other then taking the time to tweet Viacom, Nickelodeon, etc. You hear more and more these days from companies who claim they are "listening to the fans" and "checking the forums". That's one way to go.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #22
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
My hope right now is for "R" rated films like Logan and Deadpool to have a large "gravitational pull" on the film industry, which even has some effect on properties usually considered for children.
Sure, it may not lead to an "R" rated TMNT flick, but I imagine there will be some type of reverberation that could reach Viacom. A wake up call that audiences can handle a little more grit.
I can only see it working if they made it in the same tone and style as the 1990 movie which I thought was most faithful. I personally don't see why something needs to be gritty and violent just for the sake of it. I remember the Casey Jones fan movie released a couple of years ago and it took the level of violence much further than the comics did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
We already got Baxter in OOTS, it was a crappy version of Baxter but still.
I'll play devils advocate here and ask was his appearance in the PD movie any different to the way he was portrayed in the 4Kids series for example?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post

I'll play devils advocate here and ask was his appearance in the PD movie any different to the way he was portrayed in the 4Kids series for example?
"Was 4kids Baxter laughing non-stop for no reason?"

No, no he wasn't.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #24
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
"Was 4kids Baxter laughing non-stop for no reason?"

No, no he wasn't.
Seriously? You want Baxter to be upset?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Seriously? You want Baxter to be upset?
Such a simple sentence to read, not even ten words long and you misunderstand it... Truly, I'm baffled!
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Such a simple sentence to read, not even ten words long and you misunderstand it... Truly, I'm baffled!
No I answered it correctly. I'm not sure why'd you want to replace a laughing lunatic Baxter with a constantly upset Baxter. It's such a strange nitpick if that's why people didn't like Baxter in the PD movie.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #27
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
No I answered it correctly. I'm not sure why'd you want to replace a laughing lunatic Baxter with a constantly upset Baxter. It's such a strange nitpick if that's why people didn't like Baxter in the PD movie.
Because one of them is a better character?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

I could definitely go for a edgier Mirage based trilogy. I would go Nolan verse style though and save Shredder for the second movie the way they saved Joker for TDK.

Movie 1: Not an origin, maybe a quick silent montage at the start of the movie to show us how the Turtles came to be. First movie focuses on the Purple Dragons initially but they are brought into contact with Baxter Stockman after the Turtles foil their plans, we get some intense mouser action. The end of the movie reveals that Shredder is behind the Purple Dragons/Stockman connection and he dons his armor saying he will take care of the Hamato clan himself.

Movie 2: Is the classic Foot vs Turtles movie with the Shredder boss battle at the end.

Movie 3: City at War
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #29
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Because one of them is a better character?
How?! Both are OTT and annoying. They're both lunatics so they serve the same function so again not sure why both Baxter's are so different.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

PD Baxter was not like the FW version or the 2k3 Baxter, he was a low-rent Eddie Murphy Nutty Proffessor riff
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #31
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I could definitely go for a edgier Mirage based trilogy. I would go Nolan verse style though and save Shredder for the second movie the way they saved Joker for TDK.

Movie 1: Not an origin, maybe a quick silent montage at the start of the movie to show us how the Turtles came to be. First movie focuses on the Purple Dragons initially but they are brought into contact with Baxter Stockman after the Turtles foil their plans, we get some intense mouser action. The end of the movie reveals that Shredder is behind the Purple Dragons/Stockman connection and he dons his armor saying he will take care of the Hamato clan himself.

Movie 2: Is the classic Foot vs Turtles movie with the Shredder boss battle at the end.

Movie 3: City at War
We could skip Shredder almost completely and I dunno, do something new for the big screen... like Fugitoid & the Triceratons.... Who wouldn't like to see friggen Triceratons on the big screen?!

Movie one is a quick origin & post Shredder recap in the intro, go Purple Dragons and Baxter/mousers & end with Baxters defeat & Fugitoid running to the transmat. Then 2nd film backs up a bit with Fugitoid origin before credits, opening credits show scenes from the last film and Fugitoid transporting to the Turtles or the Turtles to him... and Triceratons... ends with them all going back to earth... third movie Shredder clones in the opening sequence, Karai and the City at War... end that with Utroms coming to earth... if a 4th movie happens, aliens on earth, turtles get to live in the open.... maybe do the v4 mini series, Leo Blind Sight, Donnie Brain Thief, Raph (forget what that ones called...lol) with vampires and well, start with the Mikey mini (third kind) since his deals directly with aliens showing up and them being able to go topside during the day...

We had Shredder in the movie, secret of the ooze and then the two horrid reboot movies... time to move along from him. Plus a 4th movie could give us Che'rell (or whatever) and it could end with him jn the Shredder armor.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
How?! Both are OTT and annoying. They're both lunatics so they serve the same function so again not sure why both Baxter's are so different.
How is 4Kids Baxter annoying and how is he nearly as annoying?

4Kids Baxter has plans of his own, he's arrogant and plays an active role throughout, not to mention a backstory that informs who he is. OotS Baxter laughed all the time for no reason and was essentially just there to push buttons on a console, that's the difference.

It's honestly shocking that you don't see any important difference.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't think TMNT can quite afford to do a Batman Begins and withhold the Joker until movie #2, so to speak. It's not Batman.

The way I look at it, we haven't even seen a proper Shredder on the big screen for 30 years, and even then... ehhh, so-so.

Kick the door open with a bad-ass Oroku Saki. That's what I say.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #34
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Personally, I'd love to see Leatherhead, rat king, Hun, and a properly done Karai and Baxter as characters in movie one and two, With shredder being a big bad, giving orders and sending the foot out, until he has the fight with the TMNT at the end of the third film. Give hints of his prowess in the first two films- show him fighting in the flashbacks with Yoshi, and sparring with the foot, before breaking him out as a total beast in movie three.

No matter if the franchise is grim and gritty or not, Shredder will ALWAYS be seen as the big bad of the franchise. He should be held off for a big finale, tying up the circle, and bringing vengeance for the death of Yoshi and Shen. You can always follow that with a 'city at war', but he should be given a proper multi-movie buildup.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Personally, I'd love to see Leatherhead, rat king, Hun, and a properly done Karai and Baxter as characters in movie one and two, With shredder being a big bad, giving orders and sending the foot out, until he has the fight with the TMNT at the end of the third film. Give hints of his prowess in the first two films- show him fighting in the flashbacks with Yoshi, and sparring with the foot, before breaking him out as a total beast in movie three.

No matter if the franchise is grim and gritty or not, Shredder will ALWAYS be seen as the big bad of the franchise. He should be held off for a big finale, tying up the circle, and bringing vengeance for the death of Yoshi and Shen. You can always follow that with a 'city at war', but he should be given a proper multi-movie buildup.
But then you're into Thanos Boredom territory.

"Oh, look, the big scary bad guy hasn't gotten off his damn chair yet. How many more movies do we have to wait?"
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #36
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
But then you're into Thanos Boredom territory.

"Oh, look, the big scary bad guy hasn't gotten off his damn chair yet. How many more movies do we have to wait?"

Mmmm, I think a trilogy wouldn't be too much, no more than that. It just feels like Shredder is too important to the TMNT's story (being the main reason they were trained as ninjas) to just be a one-and-done throwaway. And I think it'd be much smoother to keep him around until the third film in a trilogy, instead of goofy worm clone resurrection. If you absolutely HAVE to throw him out there, have him fight the turtles at the end of Movie 2, then kick the #$%! out of them. Make people anticipate thier return and the rematch in movie 3.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Mmmm, I think a trilogy wouldn't be too much, no more than that. It just feels like Shredder is too important to the TMNT's story (being the main reason they were trained as ninjas) to just be a one-and-done throwaway.
That's kind of missing the point. Phase 1 is about killing him, Phase 2 is about "Well crap, what do we do now?" (that's where we can have the badass Triceraton movie, or something with Baxter and Rat King), and Phase 3 is about dealing with the power vacuum left in his wake and closing the circle of vengeance. That's essentially Mirage Vol. 1, in a nutshell.

If he never dies, or dies many movies in, you don't get any of that at all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #38
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Honestly I feel if you have badass Saki/Shredder in the first film, then you're better off at leaving it at one film...that being said I would totally be behind a great solo Turtles movie that did the franchise justice rather than a good trilogy. Leave them wanting more
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #39
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Mmmm, I think a trilogy wouldn't be too much, no more than that. It just feels like Shredder is too important to the TMNT's story (being the main reason they were trained as ninjas) to just be a one-and-done throwaway. And I think it'd be much smoother to keep him around until the third film in a trilogy, instead of goofy worm clone resurrection. If you absolutely HAVE to throw him out there, have him fight the turtles at the end of Movie 2, then kick the #$%! out of them. Make people anticipate thier return and the rematch in movie 3.
Let the Foot Clan be his legacy.

Let the ninja, Splinter, the Turtles, the Elite Guard, Pimiko, let them ALL fight for the mantle of the Shredder.

Think of it like Zod. He was in one movie... he casts a long shadow that influences how people see Superman movies later.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #40
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's kind of missing the point. Phase 1 is about killing him, Phase 2 is about "Well crap, what do we do now?" (that's where we can have the badass Triceraton movie, or something with Baxter and Rat King), and Phase 3 is about dealing with the power vacuum left in his wake and closing the circle of vengeance. That's essentially Mirage Vol. 1, in a nutshell.

If he never dies, or dies many movies in, you don't get any of that at all.
Eh, I guess so. I mean, yeah the vengeance angle is the whole point, but it seems a waste to not make the fight with him last a bit longer. But it will be an uphill battle to sell another 'TMNT vs Shredder/beginning' story to the public. It can be done, but it won't be easy. And then getting them to come back after he's killed off for good, that'll be no small task. The first movie will REALLY have to grab people if you're going to retell the Shredder vs TMNT/first meeting storyarc all over again.