The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 01:02 AM   #21
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
No, this is a bug. As well as "Karai's Path".
Thanks for clarification.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:52 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #76

Tom Waltz (W), Kevin Eastman (W/VC), Damian Couceiro (A/C), Ryan Brown (VC)

"Invasion of the Triceratons" Part 1 of 5. A small force of armed extra-dimensional Triceratons have arrived in the heart of NYC! Will the Earth welcome them or destroy them?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• The start of a major new story arc!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #16

Chris Mowry (W), Giannis Milonogiannis (A/VC), Freddie Williams II (C), Jake Smith (VC)

"Freedom" Part 1 of 2. Journey back to the height of the Triceraton rebellion against the Utroms and learn the secret history of the Triceraton commander who will have a major impact on the lives of the TMNT!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• Ties into the TMNT ongoing's "Invasion of the Triceratons!"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #1

Erik Burnham (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening (A), Dan Schoening (A/C), Dave Wacther (VC), Karl Moline (VC), Kevin Eastman (VC), Freddie E. Williams II (VC)

The two beloved franchises reunite for a new adventure more action-packed and hilarious than ever! The Turtles are stuck in a ghost dimension by an old adversary and only the Ghostbusters can save them. The ensuing adventure will be an inter-dimensional romp like never seen before!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #2

Erik Burnham (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening (A/C), Pablo Tunica (A/VC), Donny Tran

As the teams split up to evade their spectral pursuers, Michelangelo and Peter Venkman enter a dimension populated by anthropomorphic animals... including Turtle Ghostbusters!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #3

Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening (A/C), Tadd Galusha (A/VC), Chris Johnson (VC).

Leonardo and Winston face formidable foes in the form of ferocious frogs.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #4

Erik Burnham (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening (A), Mark Torres (A/VC), Dan Schoening (C), Ben Bishop (VC).

Viking spirits war over Raphael's body! Will Ray be able to figure out a solution before Raph goes berserk?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #5

Erik Burnham (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dan Schoening, Charles Paul Wilson III (A/VC), Dan Schoening (C), Adam Gorham (VC).

The climactic conclusion as the teams reunite to face their adversaries... and a long lost ally!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Other crossover covers here.
I wasn't sure about the #75 Cover but now I'm sure with the Universe #16 cover, that's Traximus!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 AM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Agent Bishops story ties into a Triceraton invasion! I wonder how Vurnow Island will play into this. Tracking them to Earth and have a similar agenda to the Nick cartoon?

November will be another incredible month!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #24
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Man this could not get any better. I wonder how it will play out over 5 issues, 10 if all the universe issues tie into it closely. I am guessing we will of course see the EDF in action and maybe the foot but the big question is: If the Earth the Pantheon is fighting over was being invaded, would they step on to protect it?

This is super exciting!
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Awesome. Finally, finally we're getting the Triceraton invasion storyline.

With Bishop in the mix, and maybe (hopefully) even Burnow Island!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

The only downside I can find with this storyline is that IDW "burning through" so many "obligatory" storylines (Bishop, Maligna, the Usagi crossover, the Triceraton invasion, etc) so fast makes it seem like #100 really could be the end.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:04 AM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The only downside I can find with this storyline is that IDW "burning through" so many "obligatory" storylines (Bishop, Maligna, the Usagi crossover, the Triceraton invasion, etc) so fast makes it seem like #100 really could be the end.
Yeah, but remember, IDW hasn't closed the book on any of these antagonistic characters/organizations yet.

Bishop and the EPF aren't going to be defeated by Issue #100; Stockman is probably going to be around for a long time yet; we still haven't seen the Mutanimals go to war with Null; the Triceratons will still be out there; we're only getting back to Krang after 29 issues, not even counting Ch'rell; we haven't seen Hun since #47...

I'm not worried.

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 08-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #28
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That would be a very sad day.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay, I had a feeling it would go in that direction, but still.

This is probably where Ch'rell is going to shine after all. My assumption is that the Triceratons will find out where the Utroms are, and without Krang to protect them, depending on how the trial goes, will probably take advantage of that opportunity. And while they're at it, expand their own empire on the planet their bloodlines originally came from.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, ****ing A! IDW just keeps hitting high notes
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad to see the Triceratons finally get some proper showcasing.

Quote:
Nah, IDW TMNT probably doesn't have a planned end at this point. There's only two reasons it would end, either sales of the ongoing dip below 5,000 a month (which is very unlikely, TMNT is IDW's most popular series), or for some reason Viacom doesn't allow IDW to renew their license, the latter which is a possibility. But I don't see it happening since Viacom seems happy with their partnership with IDW.

I think issue #100 will be the "grand finale" of most of the current plotlines, but they're probably already kicking around ideas for issue 101 and beyond.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #32
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

I definitely don't see IDW calling it quits after issue 100. There are still many stories to be told, even after they wrap up the threads they are dealing with right now. Obviously haven't seen the extent of Maligna's involvement, but I figure if the Turtles are the ones behind thwarting her plans in the Dimension X arc, that we may very well see her plot her revenge on Earth after issue 100.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I definitely don't see IDW calling it quits after issue 100. There are still many stories to be told, even after they wrap up the threads they are dealing with right now. Obviously haven't seen the extent of Maligna's involvement, but I figure if the Turtles are the ones behind thwarting her plans in the Dimension X arc, that we may very well see her plot her revenge on Earth after issue 100.
Obvioulsy they're not planning on stopping at 100, nor will they stop seeing the license has to be maintained. The question is, how long will the numbering last?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Obvioulsy they're not planning on stopping at 100, nor will they stop seeing the license has to be maintained. The question is, how long will the numbering last?
Hopefully for the entire run.

Renumbering is stupid and needlessly mercenary. Leave it to the big two, who went creatively bankrupt years ago.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

I sure hope the numbering goes up to #150 and even further beyond. It's squandered potential if they restart after #100, can you imagine IDW TMNT making it to 172 issues? One reader would say "Wow, this comic has run for 100 issues more than Archie's TMNT Adventures!" and the other would go "Who?"

Speaking of Archie influences and this series making it past #100, who else would love to see the Mutanimals in space?!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

It does seem like IDW is going through a checklist of all major TMNT stories or characters to adapt. We're finally getting our Triceraton invasion of Earth (something both the original cartoon, 4kids and Nick did, and to a lesser extent Mirage very briefly at the end of Vol. 2), as well as a lot of Archie influences with Malinga, Null, Stump Asteroid, etc.

In terms of major stories they've hit almost all the big ones, besides a proper Battle Nexus tournament and maybe more time travel or space stories.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #37
snake
Disgusting

I hope IDW does more of their own stories following 100. The Pantheon was a step in the right direction.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I hope IDW does more of their own stories following 100. The Pantheon was a step in the right direction.
Agreed. Although--pipe dream here--I'd rather IDW wrapped up everything by Issue #150, closed the book, and then made way for a new "adultier" Mirage-esque take on the franchise.

But Nick will never sign off on that, so... yeah, IDW can keep going for as long as it can. It's the best I can get anymore.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

In terms of stories everything has kind of already been done. With Shredder gone for now, you have your gang wars between the Foot and other mobsters or gangs in NY, you have your alien aspect with Krang/Utroms, Triceratons and other Dimension X aliens, you have all your random mutant stories with the Mutanimals and other one-off mutants, you have Bishop and the U.S. government protecting Earth from aliens or mutants, and then you have your time travel stories, etc.

Other than introducing some more old characters that haven't debuted yet like Rahzar/Tokka, Armaggon, Lord Dregg, or some Nick characters like Tiger Claw, they've covered almost everything.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #40
snake
Disgusting

You are a very uncreative person.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote