The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #81
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I didn't think about that!! Karai vs Oruku Saki vs Chr'll!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!
Allow me to improve even further upon that: Karai vs. Saki vs Ch'rell vs Raph! An all-out war between every character who's ever worn the mantle of the Shredder in every TMNT incarnation! How can they pass this up?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #82
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Maligna really felt like padding the pagecount though, didn't she?

I guess her main role was setting up the Triceraton invasion...
Old 10-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #83
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Eh, I think they used Maligna pretty well. Insect Queens leading huge swarms don't have as much story potential as one would think. This ain't StarCraft and she ain't no Kerrigan.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Eh, I think they used Maligna pretty well. Insect Queens leading huge swarms don't have as much story potential as one would think. This ain't StarCraft and she ain't no Kerrigan.
Need I remind you, IDW made the Neutrinos suck less?

But I don't care about the character. Never a favorite for me. It just seems like she and the Swarm were just... there...
Old 10-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #85
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Krang and a Lieutenant had watched Saki execute Hamato Yoshi and his sons from a distance, thought everything about it was weird, and then asked for Ma'riell and her team to collect DNA and "QNA" samples (whatever "QNA" is), believing that it might be useful to him someday. Which...isn't coming about now, unless something gets worked around.

So now that it's mentioned, what did happen to that plot thread anyway?
i always assumed that Yoshi and Sons DNA and QNA samples were somehow used in the StockGen research, that resulted in them being resurrected as a Rat and 4 baby Turtles.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i always assumed that Yoshi and Sons DNA and QNA samples were somehow used in the StockGen research, that resulted in them being resurrected as a Rat and 4 baby Turtles.
Same.

I think it's supposed to remain ambiguous and keep the whole "science or reincarnation" thing alive. Hey, it's both, maybe? Or... science? Or maybe NOT!?

Don't look too deeply into it until we're given a reason. Or, y'know, bored and need something to think about at night.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #87
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Same.

I think it's supposed to remain ambiguous and keep the whole "science or reincarnation" thing alive. Hey, it's both, maybe? Or... science? Or maybe NOT!?

Don't look too deeply into it until we're given a reason. Or, y'know, bored and need something to think about at night.
hahahaha! i really like your analogy of it.

but this is how i've felt about it as well.
some things should be left ambiguous. adds an air of mystery and intrigue.

glad i wasn't the only one to make a connection from the issue #50 epilogue to the very beginning of the series.

that line "bored and need something to think about at night." was PERFECT!!
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #88
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's what I think too. But the Turtles and Yoshi aren't really sure how that came about. I'm sure Ma'riell will tell them eventually.

Maybe she will pull a Dr. Xeinos and live with them for a little while to lay low while things turn bad for her on Burnow. Then during that time, something might come along where she says "Hey, that sounds a lot like four children and an old man I collected genetic material from once in x year in Japan. It was weird, they'd just been left out", which would prompt the turtles to explain what they knew.

(Later that day, Donatello and Ma'riell would be seen covering an entire room with a murder wall trying to sort out how everything fell into place.)

Speaking of DNA collection, Krang would probably have thought to leave something behind in case something happened to him. Maybe more to ensure he has descendants even in death (take that as you will ), than the hope of cloning/reincarnation. But maybe he would see both as a possibility. So long as they don't end up combining, it would be hard to look out for a kid with a Steven Universe existential crisis while trying to rebuild. But if it can be done with Saki within a single generation with the ooze (and Krang knows Saki was a reincarnation), who's to say it can't be done with an Utrom?

I have realized, that this scene from Utrom Empire will keep hitting new levels of sad when looking ahead from it. With the level now being "REALLY" sad.
Spoiler:

And will probably continue to look sadder with future context later on .
Old 10-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #89
PrincessUtrom
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Allow me to improve even further upon that: Karai vs. Saki vs Ch'rell vs Raph! An all-out war between every character who's ever worn the mantle of the Shredder in every TMNT incarnation! How can they pass this up?
One side seems to me pulled by the tentacles.
but, I would like the hypothesis of a merger between Ch'rell and Shredder. seeing that I doubt Shredder gets along well with an Utrom seen how Krang sent him in roses xD
and that would make it so evil, two sick people in one. like Mega shredder mouahah
Old 10-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

In the 2k3 series Ch'rell hated the Utrom race and wanted to kill them all. It would be nice if this version of Ch'rell doesn't care for the Utroms, otherwise he'd just feel like Krang 2.0.

It would be funny if the Utroms awaken Ch'rell expecting him to help them, and then he turns on them and they unleash their enemy. The only problem is they said Ch'rell is loyal to Krang in the issues, so I don't know if he can betray them. Unless he just goes nuts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #91
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In the 2k3 series Ch'rell hated the Utrom race and wanted to kill them all. It would be nice if this version of Ch'rell doesn't care for the Utroms, otherwise he'd just feel like Krang 2.0.

It would be funny if the Utroms awaken Ch'rell expecting him to help them, and then he turns on them and they unleash their enemy. The only problem is they said Ch'rell is loyal to Krang in the issues, so I don't know if he can betray them. Unless he just goes nuts.
Ch'rell was Shredder last time. You shouldn't expect him to be anything like his previous portrayal.

Instead, I imagine he'll be an violent zealot hellbent on avenging his general's imprisonment.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #92
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh, he's going to go nuts. And likely blame his sister for Krang's death. As I've pointed out, she joined the persecution and made it possible to find Leatherhead, so she absolutely would take a lot of blame, especially as far as the military is concerned. Kleve already considers her a traitor, so that would influence Ch'rell's attitude.

I for one welcome the change in Ch'rell being a loyal and high-ranking military official, but retaining his unhinged personality. Just changing where his aggression is pointed. I imagine it would also go toward the turtles and Fugitiod, who had places in imprisoning Krang in the first place AND not stopping Leatherhead.

Speaking of which, wouldn't think some of Krang's experiences from Morbus would have kicked in when Leatherhead was coming in for the attack. Sure, he was a lot bigger and faster and Krang was in restraints, but I think even telling Kleve and Montuoro to duck down with him would have been efficient.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #93
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So, um, are we done with spoilers? Because I'VE been nice, but some of you guys are forgetting.

But yeah, Ch'rell is going to be dead loyal to the Utroms and Krang in particular. Obviously.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #94
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah...I think it would be best to be done. It's been a day.

I don't recall where it was, but some time ago there was something about an IDW crossover with the OT. Which if there is, I do hope Ch'rell is around for it. Simply for all the OT Krang exchanges. From "OH NO not another one of him!" to "Okay, this one isn't so bad." and finally "Yeah, this is getting creepy, get him out of here."
Old 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

So how do you guys feel about Hakk-R being let go? I wouldn't have mind if he died, he has a cool design but there's not much else to say about him. I get the feeling we won't see him again for a few years.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #96
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it was a bit of a letdown.

And they still never said how Krang was able to hire him from inside a prison. Or where he got even got the thing containing information on the witnesses.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #97
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And they still never said how Krang was able to hire him from inside a prison. Or where he got even got the thing containing information on the witnesses.
I don't care about either of those; they're not plot holes, just unimportant details that could and should be glossed over.

However, it would have been cool to see a one-shot of Krang in prison, dealing with guards, other prisoners, etc... make the little pink Utrom the Kingpin of Neutrino Supermax or something.

Quote:
So how do you guys feel about Hakk-R being let go? I wouldn't have mind if he died, he has a cool design but there's not much else to say about him. I get the feeling we won't see him again for a few years.
I'm fine with it. I like how he became a part of the solution; that was pretty good utilization of his cybernetic/weird nature.

And I don't ever need to see him again. I can't not think of him as the Boba Fett of TMNT after seeing a couple of different reviews call him that.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #98
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd imagine he was in isolation. If not, then he be a little bit more than a Kingpin and would probably end up turning the place upside down. Which WOULD have made an interesting story itself. However, the people in charge were smart.
I'd imagine something more of a mini story at the end of a Universe issue, maybe being told that the Fugitoid let the Utroms out of stasis, and throwing another one of his tantrums over being denied something he'd spent years preparing for.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think this is the last time we will see the Turtles in space for awhile. Until whenever Malinga returns, I don't think we'll hear from the Neutrinos/Fugitoid again till then either. Their whole story arcs were tied to Krang and that's pretty much over now.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #100
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I don't care about either of those; they're not plot holes, just unimportant details that could and should be glossed over.
Yes, exactly. Minutiae has no place in a comic book, it would just be a waste of precious, limited space. Stuff like that can be explained more easily in a novel, but it's really not necessary in a comic.

Quote:
I think this is the last time we will see the Turtles in space for awhile. Until whenever Malinga returns, I don't think we'll hear from the Neutrinos/Fugitoid again till then either. Their whole story arcs were tied to Krang and that's pretty much over now.
It's Maligna, not Malinga, derived from the word malignant.

Please spell it right, every time I see it spelled wrong I have horrible flashes of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory in my head.

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote