The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Hitman to become a TV Series

After two movies that failed, they are turning Hitman to a TV Series for Fox and Hulu, might be a better platform for it, since the recent game was episodic.
https://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman-...pt-1202206934/
Old 11-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The movies are not even stealth based - just gun blazing like a maniac. No wonder they flopped.

Now if the tv series takes a closer approach to the games, then it could be good.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
The first movie did not flop. It was not a HUGE hit, but did fairly well at the time. Better on dvd/br. It has gained a following among fans of the game too. And it was never intended to be stealth based. In case it wasn't clear to those who have seen it, he was protecting someone he was supposed to kill.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It could be better off as a series, cause each episode would have to be from his POV, and show how he takes out his targets.

The recent game was episodic, so they should do that approach, where each episode is Agent 47 assigned to take out a specific target.

The show is also being down by the creator of John Wick.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:45 PM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
The first movie did not flop. It was not a HUGE hit, but did fairly well at the time. Better on dvd/br. It has gained a following among fans of the game too. And it was never intended to be stealth based. In case it wasn't clear to those who have seen it, he was protecting someone he was supposed to kill.
The games are stealth based so it's not faithful to the source material. Flops!!!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #6
Sumac
Banned

One of those things that have defined Hitman was an almost sterile clinical style. Coupled with very methodical gameplay, which valued stealth and research it gave Hitman a very unique atmosphere.

Not really sure if anyone will be able to replicate this to a TV series. However, I hope, if Hitman series will materialize further than just talks, each episode will be a standalone mission. At least in the beginning.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Looking at the numbers, both movies came out a slim margin above the profitability line. The original a little moreso. Neither one remarkably.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I really disliked the first movie and I kinda forgot about the second one when it came out but the trailer looked cool, it gave off a "terminator 1" vibe that 47 is the unstoppable monster coming for our protagonist and I think that's a concept that would work better, although reading the movie summary that's not the case and it sounds like a really weak plot.

Both actors playing 47 don't really look the part either, need someone that's more rugged in the face like David Bateson

As a show I think they can make something more interesting then just jamming Hitman into a Blockbuster movie
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:58 AM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I really disliked the first movie and I kinda forgot about the second one when it came out but the trailer looked cool, it gave off a "terminator 1" vibe that 47 is the unstoppable monster coming for our protagonist and I think that's a concept that would work better, although reading the movie summary that's not the case and it sounds like a really weak plot.

Both actors playing 47 don't really look the part either, need someone that's more rugged in the face like David Bateson

As a show I think they can make something more interesting then just jamming Hitman into a Blockbuster movie
The thing is, Agent 47 should be the protagonist, not the other way around, so the series has to focus completely on him rather, then secondary characters trying to get away from him, it should be from his prospective, so this series will have to be standalone missions each episodes, and in the middle of it, uncover some sort of mystery about his origin and such.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Sure, for a show it fits more having 47 as the protag since you can do the monster of the week formula as assassin of the week.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote