The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
funkyg773
Foot Soldier

Ive seen some limited edition turtle's posters on this site.

Does anyone have a list of them or any examples they have seen?

Thanks,

Life Lacking of Anchovies,

Greg
funkyg773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior

What would an old electronic turtle communicator, still working, no box or paperwork, wear on the sticker that's on the battery compartment door, and undamaged antennae be worth? I don't imagine I'll get rid of it, so I'm asking mostly out of curiosity. I'm having a difficult time finding out any info on this thing. The date stamped on the belt hook thing is 1994.

Edit: Would pictures help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
1. What's a good price for the four turtle figures that were released with the season seven DVD sets?

2. I've been watching through the '03 series (I want to say I've seen it in it's entirety), and was wondering. Has the phrase "ninjutsu action" ever been used as the title of a toy's gimmick?
Anybody?

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #23
savagejon123
Hench Mutant

I asked this over on my post in the collections thread, but I might as well ask here. I have 1991 rubber Raphael mask, I have no idea what its worth or how to best care for it. Its the same as this one just Raphael.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Here's a question,

how much should I pay for a chef-boyardee mail away super shredder? It's complete and in great shape. the guys is asking 50. Whaddya think?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant

Most rubber masks are made from latex rubber. It has the same enemies as plastic & paper. Keep it away from heat/sunlight, moisture and oil. I've had some masks for over 25 years that look great, and some dry up and crack. I've made some that last, and others rot. There's alot of variables, mostly with the chemicals in the latex and or setting temperature.
The best way to clean it is with a damp washcloth, don't put it away wet, or with body oils on it. Dust the inside lightly with baby powder and stuff it with some clean, plain paper like they use for packing so it keeps its shape.
As for value, I have no idea. Look for some manufacturer markings. One of the top makers is Don Post, their stuff usually holds ther value.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #26
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Here's a question,

how much should I pay for a chef-boyardee mail away super shredder? It's complete and in great shape. the guys is asking 50. Whaddya think?
I know these are valuable, $50 sound's expensive. Have you checke ebay for finished auctions?

I remember the promotion for these, and the nasty pasta (I can't stand spaghetti-o's anyway) Should have sent off for it
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Here's a question,

I say it never hurts to counter offer; however, I've seen these things sell all day long for $40-50 in good shape.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior

Asked this in the thread about Playmate's upcoming turtle figures. Figured I might have a better chance getting an answer from this thread:

Quote:
Looking at all the figures we currently know are on the way, I have a question for those more familiar with Playmates release practices. With the first wave being released in August/September, how long do you think it'll be before the second wave hits retail?

I don't expect we'll get any more of the Classics figures till next year, but with nine figures in the new show's first wave, I'm wondering about how much time I'll have to get what I want before the next wave comes along with more figures to spend my money on.
Also, any help with this question would be great:
Quote:
What would an old electronic turtle communicator, still working, no box or paperwork, wear on the sticker that's on the battery compartment door, and undamaged antennae be worth? I don't imagine I'll get rid of it, so I'm asking mostly out of curiosity. I'm having a difficult time finding out any info on this thing. The date stamped on the belt hook thing is 1994.
Would pictures help?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #29
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Quote:

1. What's a good price for the four turtle figures that were released with the season seven DVD sets?
I think I sold mine on eBay for something like $10. I'm not sure. If I were in the market for them, I think the most I'd spend would be about $10 total. They're nice, but not worth a lot in my opinion. I'd say a GOOD price would be less than $7-8.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #30
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Here's a question,

If it's sealed than $50 is decent. if not, I'd wait for a sealed one, because you can get them for that price.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #31
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Asked this in the thread about Playmate's upcoming turtle figures. Figured I might have a better chance getting an answer from this thread:

I'd say probably in the spring as an estimate, though perhaps as early as Christmas, particuarly if the show is an instant hit and depending on what they release on the first wave (April and Casey from 4kids didn't come out until midway through Season 1). After all, the 4kids Wave 3 came out only a year after the first wave came out. This isn't the early days where TMNT was still young and there was only one toyline the first couple years. Take The Next Mutation for instance, which had two toylines in one year. Even during the OT's Red Sky era, there were still several different releases a year just to try to keep TMNT product on the shelf. I don't know if we'll ever get to 2005 levels (almost 100 different figures released that year, seemingly once a month), but expect each successive wave of figures sooner rather than later.

Also, any help with this question would be great:

Would pictures help?
I'd say a loose Turtle Communicator in average condition is probably worth around $10-$15 or so.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #32
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
If it's sealed than $50 is decent. if not, I'd wait for a sealed one, because you can get them for that price.
Ok, thanks. A friend of mine who really isn't into the turtles much got the set of them from a friend of his, and I was considering making an offer for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
I'd say a loose Turtle Communicator in average condition is probably worth around $10-$15 or so.
Ok, so it's nothing all that special, lol. Any idea what it would cost to get the box? Would be nice to have one to display behind it.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #33
savagejon123
Hench Mutant

I have a box of tmnt cards and it has a black slash over the logo. I've noticed others I see have the same mark. Anyone know what it means?

It similar to this one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTA...ht_2094wt_1105
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #34
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagejon123 View Post
I have a box of tmnt cards and it has a black slash over the logo. I've noticed others I see have the same mark. Anyone know what it means?

It similar to this one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTA...ht_2094wt_1105
If you're familiar with remainder books in the publishing industry, this is basically the same idea. When a book has run its course in terms of sales, and the publisher has significant stock left, they sell them to retailers at a discount. These become the bargain books usually located in the front of the store. If you look at the edges of those, you should find a black mark somewhere (though not always).

So, these cards were leftover stock that got sold in bulk to some retailer or distributer. The mark is just on the outside and has no effect whatsoever on the cards themselves.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #35
savagejon123
Hench Mutant

yeah that was my best guess. Makes sense too considering most are complete. I picked mine up at yardsale for 3$ years ago.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I bought a box of the second wave at a outlet toy store, and it had a black mark on it as well, so returned and reduced stock.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #37
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I have posted this on another thread but I thought this may be a better place to post it. Jester has been helping me identify this sticker that I'm trying to figure out where it came from: http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...werSticker.jpg

That's my first question but I have others:

2. How many Turtle Tips segments were there?
3. Does anyone have a picture of an inflatable bopper that says Cowabunga on it? I also think Shredder is on the bopper as well as other characters?
4. Could anyone outline/explain what's in the Summer 1992 TMNT Magazine?

Thank you!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I have posted this on another thread but I thought this may be a better place to post it. Jester has been helping me identify this sticker that I'm trying to figure out where it came from: http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...werSticker.jpg

That's my first question but I have others:

2. How many Turtle Tips segments were there?
3. Does anyone have a picture of an inflatable bopper that says Cowabunga on it? I also think Shredder is on the bopper as well as other characters?
4. Could anyone outline/explain what's in the Summer 1992 TMNT Magazine?

Thank you!
I could answer a couple of these:

2. From what I found on Youtube, I believe there were 20 (not including the Anti-Drug PSA).
4. According to the cover, Splinter told a story relating to the Barcelona Olympic Games, there was a report on scuba divers, along with a feature on "Earth Keepers". Too bad a seller is charging $40+ for an issue of this online.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Okay I thought the Turtle Tips was somewhere around there but I didn't know for sure. Do you happen to know what reptile the Summer 1992 TMNT Magazine featured in that issue? And if it had a "seek and find" or "board game" style game in it? Thanks for the help pannoni1! And I also like your avatar too.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #40
savagejon123
Hench Mutant

What is a realistic collector's price for a yellow genghis frog belt?