Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1081
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I hope some comic enthusiasts can answer this:

Were can I buy a copy of Mirage Volume One #1 for relatively cheap? It doesn't have to be in great condition, I just need a copy. There's a copy on MileHighComics.com in Fine condition for $80. Is that the best I'm going to find?
Milehigh doesnt have a copy for that price. That is the theoretical price they would ask if they had a copy. That's why it says "ADD TO WANTS" instead of "ADD TO ORDER"

With the new cartoon coming out, this might be the worst possible time to buy a 1st printing of number one as people are going to be charging a premium.

But I would keep an eye on
Comiclink.com
Comicconnect.com
the selling boards on CGCComics.com
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #1082
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I hope some comic enthusiasts can answer this:

Were can I buy a copy of Mirage Volume One #1 for relatively cheap? It doesn't have to be in great condition, I just need a copy. There's a copy on MileHighComics.com in Fine condition for $80. Is that the best I'm going to find?
I think this one is relatively cheap (at least right now). That's likely the lowest price you'll find for a #1 anytime soon. The last one I saw for sale locally was a few years ago. The shop was asking $500 for it and it had a heavily damaged (and partially disconnected) cover.

This is going to be a hard book to find in low shape. I've had TMNT #1 1st print on my Mile High Comics "Want List" (and other site's want lists) for years and it's never once come up as available in any condition. TMNT #1 1st printing is a key book for comic book collectors worldwide so they tend to stay within those collections. Given the low 3,000 copy print run, just simply owning a copy (regardless of shape) is hard enough. The comic itself in the confines of those collections makes it much more valuable to the collector than the $$ they might get for it on the open market. The only exception to this would be the high quality copies which command high prices but those are out of reach for most people (me included).

I'll keep an eye out for one but I really don't see them very often.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #1083
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I paid a grand for my #1 first print about seven years ago, signed, one previous owner. Ungraded, but I think it's in great condition and would be probably worth at least double that if it was graded. But I don't grade comics. That's just not my mindset heh.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #1084
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Thank you for the help. I guess I just saw the price on Mile High for a Fair condition issue and thought I could get one for that fairly easy. One day I plan on buying a nice copy if I can ever get that much disposable income, but right now I wanted to get one for a price in my Technodrome Fantasy Football League.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #1085
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

Has anybody ever found a 2nd printing of #32 from Volume 1? I'm finding it difficult to find some 2nd printings, I'm assuming since they printed less of them. I've had the 1st printing of #4 forever but just recently was able to get the 2nd printing featuring the iconic Dooney cover featured on the NES game box art.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #1086
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Khan View Post
Has anybody ever found a 2nd printing of #32 from Volume 1? I'm finding it difficult to find some 2nd printings, I'm assuming since they printed less of them. I've had the 1st printing of #4 forever but just recently was able to get the 2nd printing featuring the iconic Dooney cover featured on the NES game box art.
Yes, I've seen them online before. #32 2nd printing is one of the harder 2nd printings to find online but not necessarily due to rarity (although that's a part of it). It's mostly because of low demand...there just simply isn't enough after-market sales incentive for retailers to go to the trouble of listing a comic book worth $2 or $3. However, go to your local comic shops, flea markets, etc. and browse the selection there...that's where these types of issues are usually found (and they are typically very cheap).

Also, in case you haven't yet, put it in your watch lists on Mile High and Lone Star Comics as well as eBay. It will turn up eventually.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #1087
Marshall84
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Lots of options for you but I'll provide you with the current IDW re-print options for now...
  • If you want a collection, the IDW Ultimate Collection HC Vol. 1-3 are currently available. All 3 volumes would get you #1-21 ( minus 13, 16, and 18 ) along with the 4 micro-series one-shots.
  • If you want individual issues, IDW is re-releasing the original comics in color as "Color Classics." #1-3 and Raphael have been relesed so far.
ah ok..thanks for the answer.
but issue 13, 16 and 18 where can i get 'em? and why they are missing in those Ultimate collection?
Marshall84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1088
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Khan View Post
I found one at my local comic shop
Man they are such scalpers...

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #1089
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall84 View Post
ah ok..thanks for the answer.
but issue 13, 16 and 18 where can i get 'em? and why they are missing in those Ultimate collection?
Vol. I #13, 16, and 18 can be found pretty easily online. If you want them cheaper, I've found that local comic shops typically have these for $3-5 each.

In regards to why those issues aren't included in the Ultimate Collections, I'm not sure I've seen or heard a definitive answer on that. However, it's likely they were excluded due to one (or a combination) of the following:
  • It seems that The Ultimate Collections are focusing on Eastman and/or Laird work only (or at least in the early volumes). #13 is by Michael Dooney, #16 is by Mark Martin, and #18 is a collaborative effort by Mark Bode, Kevin Eastman, Steve Lavigne, and Eric Talbot.
  • Those issues may not be considered TMNT canon (part of the main TMNT story-line) by IDW. However, this is likely only true for #16.
  • IDW may have run into licensing or permission issues in republishing them.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #1090
Marshall84
Random Punk

Quote:
Vol. I #13, 16, and 18 can be found pretty easily online. If you want them cheaper, I've found that local comic shops typically have these for $3-5 each.

In regards to why those issues aren't included in the Ultimate Collections, I'm not sure I've seen or heard a definitive answer on that. However, it's likely they were excluded due to one (or a combination) of the following:
  • It seems that The Ultimate Collections are focusing on Eastman and/or Laird work only (or at least in the early volumes). #13 is by Michael Dooney, #16 is by Mark Martin, and #18 is a collaborative effort by Mark Bode, Kevin Eastman, Steve Lavigne, and Eric Talbot.
  • Those issues may not be considered TMNT canon (part of the main TMNT story-line) by IDW. However, this is likely only true for #16.
  • IDW may have run into licensing or permission issues in republishing them.
Thanks for that quick answer m8, really awesome..thx
Time to get the good ol' sh*t xD
Old 08-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #1091
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm afraid this has been already asked before: if Peter Laird ever managed to finish Tmnt vol. 4 and decided to publish the new stuff through Mirage Studios or by putting it online for free, would IDW have automatically the right to publish those new issues too? I have never understand this part of the deal.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #1092
Marshall84
Random Punk

I'm about to buy the Ultimate Collection...and there are 3 volumes released, so far...but how many volumes could it be in the end? how many will they release? somebody got an idea?

thx
Old 08-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #1093
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
if Peter Laird ever managed to finish Tmnt vol. 4 and decided to publish the new stuff through Mirage Studios or by putting it online for free, would IDW have automatically the right to publish those new issues too?
I'm not totally sure about this either. I would doubt it though. I think Viacom is the one that is allowing Mirage to publish a given number of TMNT titles per year, not IDW. Viacom and IDW have their own agreement for publishing the comic books and the rights to them. I think the answer to this would only come from knowing whether Viacom and IDW's agreement allows the permission to also re-publish what Mirage may issue after the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall84 View Post
I'm about to buy the Ultimate Collection...and there are 3 volumes released, so far...but how many volumes could it be in the end? how many will they release? somebody got an idea?
The best I can say right now is that there will be at least 5 of them. We know Vol. 4 is already solicited (due to release Nov./Dec.) and it will contain TMNT Vol. I #48-49 (“Shades of Gray”) and #50-55 (start of “City at War”). Of course, they'll want to finish up the remaining E&L issues (the "City of War" story line) so that will be issues #56-62 (and that will likely be what's in the Ultimate Coll. Vol. 5). After that, if sales remain strong for them, they'll likely do others...but what issues would be collected (if anything) is anyone's guess at this point.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #1094
ToyZoneTV
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The best I can say right now is that there will be at least 5 of them. We know Vol. 4 is already solicited (due to release Nov./Dec.) and it will contain TMNT Vol. I #48-49 (“Shades of Gray”) and #50-55 (start of “City at War”). Of course, they'll want to finish up the remaining E&L issues (the "City of War" story line) so that will be issues #56-62 (and that will likely be what's in the Ultimate Coll. Vol. 5). After that, if sales remain strong for them, they'll likely do others...but what issues would be collected (if anything) is anyone's guess at this point.
The only thing that i know are hard to come by are the IDW variants of Volume 1 and 2 ... I have Vol 2 But 1 is a pain in the butt for me to find
ToyZoneTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #1095
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I'm afraid this has been already asked before: if Peter Laird ever managed to finish Tmnt vol. 4 and decided to publish the new stuff through Mirage Studios or by putting it online for free, would IDW have automatically the right to publish those new issues too? I have never understand this part of the deal.
In one of the Ask PL sections of his blog, he states that this is correct as far as he knows. Any new turtles issues he publishes under Mirage will automatically become property of Nick/Viacom, and since IDW has the rights to reprint the old Mirage comics, they could conceivably reprint or collect those issues. Peter already exercised those rights to publish the last few issues of Tales in 2010, a year after the sale, which IDW can now reprint when they get around to it.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #1096
squer
Foot Soldier

Is there similar pics or cover of this with this style?
squer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #1097
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by squer View Post
Is there similar pics or cover of this with this style?
http://http://forums.thetechnodrome....t=38665&page=2

Check this thread it has a collection of the first issue pose done in different ways. Closest to what you're looking for is at the end of the first page. Unfortunately I am unaware of any drawings of the Archie Future turtles doing that pose. Though it would be awesome to find one
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #1098
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

custom figures

hi, im trying to do some custom work on my new turtles and was wondering what type of paint is the best to use.
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #1099
Powder
So tired of this place

This thread is for comic questions.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #1100
wedestroymyths
Mouser

So, I'm sort of new to this whole Turtles comic book thing. Rather, I'm returning after a couple of decades off.

I'm really into the ultimate collections and reading the original issues in b & w. Has there been any indication of whether or not we'll see the non-collected issues released in black and white at some point? Or will the color bits and pieces in the classics volumes have to suffice?
wedestroymyths is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions