The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #461
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Aww, Hell no!

Hell no.

No, man. No ...
Old 05-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #462
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Eight women have accused Morgan Freeman of sexual misconduct or inappropriate behavior.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/mo...or-1202820911/
Old 05-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #463
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Morgan Freeman?

No, not him. I'm disappointed.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:41 AM   #464
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Harvey Weinstein just turned himself in.

He will face rape charges.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:57 AM   #465
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Morgan Freeman?

No, not him. I'm disappointed.
In all honesty, this one doesn't surprise me. There'd been stuff about him going on for years now.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #466
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #467
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

With all of this controversy that is surrounding Morgan Freeman I wonder if Disney will recast his role of Drosselmeyer in The Nutcracker and the Four Realms like TriStar did by having Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World. There's still time for this to happen, but The Nutcracker and the Four Realms has already gone through reshoots before these allegations surfaced.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:12 AM   #468
CyberCubed
Overlord

Morgan Freeman is 80 years old, it is the norm for his generation to be like that. I think a lot of you are forgetting these actors are OLD AS HELL and grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc. when social norms are not what they are now.

Is it right? Of course not. But when you read about 80-90 year olds like Stan Lee and Morgan Freeman making unwanted advance on women, you have to remember they're from a time long gone by.

What do you guys think America was when they grew up? Women didn't even get the right to vote when they were kids.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:34 AM   #469
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What do you guys think America was when they grew up? Women didn't even get the right to vote when they were kids.
Neither Morgan Freeman nor Stan Lee are THAT old....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 05-28-2018, 08:25 PM   #470
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Morgan Freeman is 80 years old, it is the norm for his generation to be like that. I think a lot of you are forgetting these actors are OLD AS HELL and grew up in the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc. when social norms are not what they are now.

Is it right? Of course not. But when you read about 80-90 year olds like Stan Lee and Morgan Freeman making unwanted advance on women, you have to remember they're from a time long gone by.

Wrong is wrong, period. Also, women have had the right to vote since around 1920.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:12 AM   #471
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Wrong is wrong, period. Also, women have had the right to vote since around 1920.
Yes, but it wasn't considered that wrong 50 years ago, like it or loathe it, that's the point being made. Like many comedians in the 70s here in the UK making racist jokes as part of their routines (eg. Bernard Manning). Things have changed since.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #472
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:

Dude, that is wrong.

So wrong.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #473
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well of course it's wrong, I'm just saying it's the time period these actors grew up in.

Do you guys know what womens rights were even through the 50's/60's? Even in the 70's and 80's a woman holding an office job was considered unusual, look up the movie "Mr. Mom" with Michael Keaton from the early 80's, or "Working Girl" from 1985 with Harrison Ford, both movies about 80's women struggling to work in a typical "man's" job.

Obviously we millennials aren't used to that kind of world because we didn't grow up in it.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:52 PM   #474
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think it's necessarily generational, I think it just happens as men get older.

Ever since I was a kid I've had to visit relatives in "the home" periodically, and I've always seen the older men in the facilities, at the very least, make suggestive comments to the nurses. In turn, the staff seems to treat it as one of those "It comes with the job" kind of things, whereby it's either expected or at least tolerated.

"Getting fresh" is apparently a perk for having a certain number of Birthdays. These guys are literally dying, and it makes sense they'd want to "yuk it up" on the way out. Add to that, a lot of them have some form of dementia or are otherwise mentally impaired. Since they'd need jumper cables to even get an erection and can't walk to the toilet without assistance, they're pretty much "harmless", so while I'm sure the female staffers aren't thrilled with the environment, they mostly just seem to go, "Oh, you!" and wave it away.

Sure, it's crude, and crass, and selfish, and insensitive. But I understand it. Once you hit a point where the next nurse's butt you compliment could literally be the very last one of your entire life, you're gonna do you and the hell with the rest of it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 06-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #475
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh no, Justin Trudeau!

https://www.dangerous.com/44481/just...orter-in-2000/
Old 06-09-2018, 02:11 AM   #476
BartAllen
Banned

I still find it odd that Bill Clinton seems to get a free pass for the rape of Juanita Broaddrick. Hillary too for that matter. Juanita has said, numerous times, that Hillary threatened her after Bill sexually assaulted her.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:20 AM   #477
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The "Virtue Signal Man", hailed like a second coming of mythical dude from the old fairy tales by lefties, was not spared. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #478
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Eh ... I'm not surprised.

There was always something off about him.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #479
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
But when you read about 80-90 year olds like Stan Lee and Morgan Freeman making unwanted advance on women, you have to remember they're from a time long gone by.
I don't care what era they are from, I'm sure there has NEVER been a time that getting hit on by an 80 or 90-year old wasn't gross, unless you too are that age.

So doing so is a definite lack of personal insight or consideration for others and just fully centered on a "me" mentality they can't see past. Being old enough to not give a crap doesn't change anything.

People with dementia can't be fixed and they do act out in inappropriate ways sometimes and aren't even aware of it a minute later. But if you aren't suffering from such brain degeneration and still pretty well have all your marbles, there is zero excuse... They didn't stay back in time like some Twilight Zone ep, remaining in a world decades ago but still existing like an alternate universe, they joined the same culture everyone else is a part of in its progression to what it is now and the things that changed from okay to not okay (or visa versa); they weren't absent for that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-09-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #480
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Demi Lovato tried to excuse a sexual assault "prank".
Closed Thread