The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
But a couple of them also look cool as hell.
I definitely liked the looks of one of them. And one of them... are those Robocop Turtles? Wut?
Old 05-31-2017, 12:34 PM   #22
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

So this is what the franchise has come to?

Dang.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
So this is what the franchise has come to?

Dang.
They're just 5 minute shorts. They're harmless.

Now if the 2018 series is similar to these, then we have a problem, but as of right now this stuff is just fluff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I definitely liked the looks of one of them. And one of them... are those Robocop Turtles? Wut?
Sure! Why not?
I mean...we've seen them as 'roided out tanks, why not Robocops?

One thing I do enjoy about projects like this one, it's always far easier to see where fandom folks fall on the Conservator or Transformative spectrum.

(Formerly fanboy vs fangirl)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Appears to range somewhere between "god-awful/craptastic" and "mediocre." But none of them even seem like they're striving for anything resembling greatness, or even "good." Might be intended to kind of prepare people for whatever wacky, "cray-cray" sort of tone that's coming in the new cartoon.

Not that these are really intended for anyone on this board watching them. Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.
Yeah, not gonna lie here. One or two look like they belong on Newgrounds in 2008, one is terrible rotoscope and one of them looks like something Nick would cancel after two seasons.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:02 PM   #26
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

What is the point of any of this really? It's all quite ridiculous. Having lots of animated shorts in different styles isn't a bad idea per se but why do 99% of them have to look like garbage?

Last edited by Sabacooza; 05-31-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #27
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Cool, seems like fun!
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:16 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Cool, seems like fun!
Probably about as much fun as this, anyway:

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #29
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.
Nah. Nothin' for me.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #30
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Probably about as much fun as this, anyway:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a7904293b8.jpg
Eeeeeeeh... To be fair the one where they're on a train cart looks like it might be OK and the one with the robot turtles at least look acceptable in terms of style. Everything else though... Yeah, looks more or less like Murphy's law...
Hahahaha!
Old 05-31-2017, 02:32 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
What is the point of any of this really? It's all quite ridiculous. Having lots of animated shorts in different styles isn't a bad idea per se but why do 99% of them have to look like garbage?
They look exactly the same as most Nick and Disney current cartoons. They're all animated in this style that looks like flash, with the flat character designs and thick outlines.

This has been the state of the cartoons for a decade now, with few exceptions like Avatar/Korra, Young Justice, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:39 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They look exactly the same as most Nick and Disney current cartoons. They're all animated in this style that looks like flash, with the flat character designs and thick outlines.

This has been the state of the cartoons for a decade now, with few exceptions like Avatar/Korra, Young Justice, etc.
No... The ugliest that might pass for one of those shows is the one where Krang is waiting in the pregnancy ward, above that there are only two that would look acceptable as a full series. Everything else looks really badly animated.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #33
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

That was amazing. I'm looking forward to this. I hope the 2018 show is like this. This franchise is headed in the right direction. Onwards and upwards from this point!

[Note the sarcasm]
Old 05-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #34
sdp
-

These are not "rushed", I'm sure they all take a great deal of time to make, just because you don't like the art style doesn't mean they are lazy. Many companies have done shorts like these where they try different art styles and it's cool, of course some art styles work better than others and some you wish would become real series and others you're glad they'll only ever be these short films. DC Nations, Tomb Raider Revisioned, Batman Gotham Knight, The Animatrix among others have experimented with stuff like this.

I think these will be fun, I don't know if they'll be 5 minutes, they might be shorter since they'll be posed on facebook and not youtube, also there seems to be a few more shorts than last year where we only got 3 so I'm guessing around 2 minutes each is more likely.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #35
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They're just 5 minute shorts. They're harmless.

Now if the 2018 series is similar to these, then we have a problem, but as of right now this stuff is just fluff.
I gotta agree here.

I'm glad they are making more of the shorts. A couple in my opinion are not going to probably be for me, but there were a some that also looked pretty cool... so it's a little something for everyone to celebrate the series throughout the years I guess. Nothing to get our panties in a twist about.

I'm assuming because the SDCC shorts were popular they went ahead with a few more so let's not judge them too harshly until we actually see them. From what I have read they have nothing to do with the new series premiering in 2018.

I personally loved the short from Jhonen Vasquez... a series geared in that direction would be my dream come true.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Say, I wonder as these start coming out, if we'll be visited by any more Viacom/Paramount/Nickelodeon PLANTS.

Oh, what...

Quote:
it's a little something for everyone to celebrate the series throughout the years
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #37
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Some of these look good while others I'm not too keen on the designs. But since this is all in good fun and not anything serious, I don't see the point in wigging out about it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't get the negative response from so many of you. It's harmless fun. Artist teams with ties to Nick were given the chance to flex their creative muscles on some goofy little cartoons for the sake of our amusement. Doesn't rewrite history or leave a blemish on the brand. Jeez.

I agree that at least half of 'em prompt a "wtf" but anything beyond that is an overreaction.

I'm most eager to see the chibi & mech ones.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Appears to range somewhere between "god-awful/craptastic" and "mediocre." But none of them even seem like they're striving for anything resembling greatness, or even "good." Might be intended to kind of prepare people for whatever wacky, "cray-cray" sort of tone that's coming in the new cartoon.

Not that these are really intended for anyone on this board watching them. Maybe the pot-smokers and mushroom eaters among our ranks.

THe top paragraph totally. if i didn't think someone stated they are already working on the new toon, i'd say this would be to judge which one of the new 'cray cray' styles is the most popular, and they'd run with that.

But i have no idea who the hell they think this will appeal too.

MOST of TMNT's audience is not into that zany Teen Titans Go style crap animation or attempts at lame humor like the krang in the ward short.

i'm not even sure what that is supposed to be about.. so he touches two bellies....accompanied by a lame stretchy sound effect....ha ha...ha? uhm..ok. lay off the crack smoking nick peoples...and no, i didn't have any trying to write that ;o).
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:32 PM   #40
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm looking most forward to the anime Mecha short.

But my least favourite upon first impressions has to be the breadwinners one, it just looks pure awful. But maybe its meant to be so bad its enjoyable, I dunno. Either way, its just harmless fun to be enjoyed.

The Facebook page confirmed these are not related to the new Rise show in any way.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lay off the crack smoking