Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #1621
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I actually would have rathered black Casey over black April, but oh well.
Why exactly?
Hahahaha!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #1622
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Brave and the Bold is nothing like Adam West Batman but it's awesome since it explores the more wacky non-gritty/realistic aspects of the franchise and its basically fan service galore. Season 1 is weak.

The Batman is hated but I liked a lot of the changes it did and it gave us some excellent characters eventually the show turned into Batman TAS lite which is when people started to like the show but for me it was the opposite since it was just a lesser version of BTAS instead of being its own thing.

We just got a more "traditional" TMNT show, if they were going to do something similar they would've just given us a sixth season, it's obvious this will be different, while I've been trolling about it I indeed wanted a Teen Titans Go type of show full of inside jokes of TMNT, it would've been something different.

Changing stuff up is good but not at the expense of changing something for the sake of doing it. There's a fine balance and not many show can get it right. Most posts in this thread will age really bad as soon as the first episode airs.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #1623
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Acting independently isn't exactly the same as being rebellious though, esp as it has tended to have a greater purpose than just being a butthead.

As I have already said, probably pages ago now, having an occasional somewhat rebellious moment is one thing. Just as 2003 had that angry period. Or in various versions he loses confidence for a time and other things. I mean, periodic things is no biggie and it's part of a story and hopefully built up to.

2012 Leo as well, for example, when his brothers didn't know he was helping Karai and Shini. It's behavior that is a bit unlike him and surprising to his family and friends who were disappointed in it. That stuff is periodic. For what it is, its fine. Those moments don't really define who he is outside of it.

An actual character description as possibly intended for a duration of a series though? That's definitely different than just periodic stuff.

I can't say I've known too many rebellious type people who held much in the way of Leo-like qualities... They're more likely to think Raph is best.
I can't speak for much outside Nick but I don't see this Leo as rebellious, there were only small moments like in New girl in town when he got fed up and let Raph lead, he said to April 'when do I get to have fun' but he didn't steal the katana with Karai. The turtles snuck out when they were grounded but even then (besides just following the others the first time and disapproving of it) it was to correct a mistake. With broken foot he was caught up with Karai and trying to keep it from getting out of hand (her being killed), he wasn't happy about going behind Splinters back. Trying to go over 5 seasons here could have missed things but nothing stands out at the moment, sure he likes fun too and he has disagreed with Splinter on occasion but it's not the same.

Last edited by newfan; 11-03-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #1624
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Exactly, little things here and there make him a fleshed out character, but they don't define him for an entire series; they're not his base personality and some of those choices were regretted afterward.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #1625
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Why exactly?
Old 11-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #1626
snake
Disgusting

I can't believe you guys are complaining about changes. Don't you get sick of seeing the same sh*t every incarnation?
Old 11-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #1627
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I still don't get it.
Hahahaha!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #1628
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I can't believe you guys are complaining about changes. Don't you get sick of seeing the same sh*t every incarnation?
I agree with this 100%
Old 11-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #1629
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The "same sh*t" I get tired of are rehashed stories over and over. And why I was hoping for a continuation of some kind (not necessarily directly of 2012), not a reboot.

I don't count their personalities, etc as part of "same sh*t," no.

No more than I'd be interested in fundamentally changing or replacing Santa Clause just because he's been done a really long time.

Although this thread has itself become the "same sh*t" with people who can't stand that others don't feel the way they do. Movie threads all over again, courtesy of Nick-backed projects.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #1630
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The "same sh*t" I get tired of are rehashed stories over and over. And why I was hoping for a continuation of some kind (not necessarily directly of 2012), not a reboot.

I don't count their personalities, etc as part of "same sh*t," no.

No more than I'd be interested in fundamentally changing or replacing Santa Clause just because he's been done a really long time.

Although this thread has itself become the "same sh*t" with people who can't stand that others don't feel the way they do. Movie threads all over again, courtesy of Nick-backed projects.
Exactly! Instead of changing their roles/personalities, there's other stuff that could be changed. Like not making another show that caters to little kids. I've said it before and will say it again. If they want to do something new, don't make another show for kiddies. Make a show that is actually for adults, has heavy action amounts, dark content and isn't afraid to show some blood!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #1631
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
Make a show that is actually for adults, has heavy action amounts, dark content and isn't afraid to show some blood!
Nickelodeon didn't pay $63 million to Laird to explore the adult TMNT demographic. They paid $63 million to mine and farm the hell out of new generations of little kids, over and over again. Throwing semi-adult or more grown-up flavored TMNT stuff out there runs the risk of mommy and daddy not allowing Little Timmy to watch whatever latest little kids' TMNT cartoon is on the air, or buy any toys.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #1632
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Stop giving them ideas people. seriously, there is a person at nick reading this right now and thinking all these idea changes are brillaint.

Next Iteration, Mikey will be the mensa student, and don a meth head .
You tell them top stop giving Nick ideas, and then you post your own silly idea?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Old 11-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #1633
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Since the current series debuted in 2012, the kids who grew up watching it are adults now, so Nick is starting over with the new series aimed at a younger audience this time, but we all know that kids will grow to be adults as the new series progresses, the cycle will continue with Nick creating another series to aim at another generation of kids.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #1634
CyberCubed
Overlord

I expect them to re-tread the same stories again, more or less every TMNT incarnation goes through the same story arcs with slight variations.

Meaning we'll get the usual Foot Clan arc, the robots, the aliens, the space arc, traveling through time, gangsters/mobsters, Triceratons, and the various mutant outbreak stories.

Plus the usual of Leonardo struggling to lead, Raph's temper, Don inventing things going out of control, Mikey goofing off or wanting to be a superhero, etc.

Seems to be some unwritten rule every TMNT incarnation covers the same story beats. Just with variations of course.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #1635
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Nickelodeon didn't pay $63 million to Laird to explore the adult TMNT demographic. They paid $63 million to mine and farm the hell out of new generations of little kids, over and over again. Throwing semi-adult or more grown-up flavored TMNT stuff out there runs the risk of mommy and daddy not allowing Little Timmy to watch whatever latest little kids' TMNT cartoon is on the air, or buy any toys.
Which is a shame they'd probably never have the guts to run two shows for different audiences and market products for each... Toy aisle stuff for one; a bit higher end, to different degrees, for the other. (And lots more profit from those who are collecting from two series. But god no, who'd want to profit from that.)

Or heck, 2012 will no doubt still be around for a long time in reruns. Most little kids don't give a crap if they watch the same episodes over and over, and we've probably got little ones right now who won't even have the full picture of 2012 until they enjoy actually watching it straight through in order someday when they're a bit older. So there's potentially still room left to market products related to this series even, at least to some degree. (Hell, if four-year-old "Frozen" can still be putting new toys on the shelf for the coming holiday season...)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-03-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #1636
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I expect them to re-tread the same stories again, more or less every TMNT incarnation goes through the same story arcs with slight variations.

Meaning we'll get the usual Foot Clan arc, the robots, the aliens, the space arc, traveling through time, gangsters/mobsters, Triceratons, and the various mutant outbreak stories.

Plus the usual of Leonardo struggling to lead, Raph's temper, Don inventing things going out of control, Mikey goofing off or wanting to be a superhero, etc.

Seems to be some unwritten rule every TMNT incarnation covers the same story beats. Just with variations of course.
Don't be surprise when the 2018 series does a Crossover episode of some sort.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #1637
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Don't be surprise when the 2018 series does a Crossover episode of some sort.
They will likely crossover with the 2012 Turtles. With Rob Paulsen as voice director, no way is he not going to want to be reunited with Seth Green, Greg Cripes and Sean Astin again for an arc in the new show.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #1638
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I'd actually like to see them expand on "samurai Leo" in having him practicing more of the traditions of samurai; learning archery, reading poetry, learning calligraphy. Things that seem unnecessary but the discipline itself is why they're necessary to him.

Hell, a samurai nature would be interesting to have him butt heads with Splinter, who is training them to be NINJA, who were masters of subterfuge, espionage, assassination, and any means necessary tactics. Having Leo struggle to reconcile the two would be an avenue to explore and offer more depth that most don't consider exploring.
I'm a few pages late saying this but I would love to see something like this done!
Old 11-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #1639
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Which is a shame they'd probably never have the guts to run two shows for different audiences and market products for each... Toy aisle stuff for one; a bit higher end, to different degrees, for the other. (And lots more profit from those who are collecting from two series. But god no, who'd want to profit from that.)
I doubt it's just as simple as make two shows, make money. That sounds like it would take a lot of work.

I'm just counting the blessings that they still want to do something new with the franchise right away.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #1640
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah that is surprising. I always assumed after the Nick show ended that they would let the property rest for a few years before relaunching. I certainly never expected them to do another cartoon reboot immediately after, just 1 year after the end of the current series.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters