The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #3061
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I'm hoping to hell (har har) that it goes to print next week for 12/4 on sale. That's looking to be the case currently.
Thatís great news! Thanks Bobby. Can you say when Shredder in Hell is set yet? Iím assuming pre-City at War? Maybe before 90/91/92 or between 92 and 93?

Last edited by Chris; 11-03-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #3062
hypered1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s great news! Thanks Bobby. Can you say when Shredder in Hell is set yet? I’m assuming pre-City at War? Maybe before 90/91/92 or between 92 and 93?
Supposedly a full reading order for everything between #1 and #100 is going to be part of the Road to 100 special. Although this isn't confirmed yet, I have asked Bobby about it over in the release date thread.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #3063
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Going by the preview of the Ninja Turtles/ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers crossover it fits somewhere within the Boom! series cannon. Is it cannon for Boom and not IDW or is Ghostbusters still the only in IDW cannon crossover?
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #3064
hypered1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Going by the preview of the Ninja Turtles/ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers crossover it fits somewhere within the Boom! series cannon. Is it cannon for Boom and not IDW or is Ghostbusters still the only in IDW cannon crossover?
The only crossovers that are canon to the IDW series are the two Ghostbusters series and the Usagi Yojimbo one-shot.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:06 PM   #3065
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...postcount=2971

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #3066
hypered1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah, to extrapolate on this a little further the Batman crossovers were mainly produced by DC and BOOM is in charge of the MMPR crossover, so in a sense the Turtles are 'borrowed' characters for those series runs.

The X-files crossover was all IDW however, but doesn't count as canon as it simply doesn't fit anywhere in the established continuity.

Other than that the only other oddities connected to the series are the Infestation 2-parter (canon), Deviations (not canon) and 20/20 (possibly canon).
Old 11-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #3067
spookycookies
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Yeah, to extrapolate on this a little further the Batman crossovers were mainly produced by DC and BOOM is in charge of the MMPR crossover, so in a sense the Turtles are 'borrowed' characters for those series runs.

The X-files crossover was all IDW however, but doesn't count as canon as it simply doesn't fit anywhere in the established continuity.

Other than that the only other oddities connected to the series are the Infestation 2-parter (canon), Deviations (not canon) and 20/20 (possibly canon).
I know X-files was deemed non canon but it does actually it in to continuity. It fits very tightly in between two pages in issue 31 where Leo gets his blue bandana back in one page and the next page April comes in with her short haircut. If you assume that a day or 2 could have happened in between those pages you have everything you need for the X-files story to fit. I know it sounds crazy but I like the story even if it contributes nothing to the overall lore of IDW TMNT.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:37 AM   #3068
hypered1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I know X-files was deemed non canon but it does actually it in to continuity. It fits very tightly in between two pages in issue 31 where Leo gets his blue bandana back in one page and the next page April comes in with her short haircut. If you assume that a day or 2 could have happened in between those pages you have everything you need for the X-files story to fit. I know it sounds crazy but I like the story even if it contributes nothing to the overall lore of IDW TMNT.
Well that's the beauty of comics. There's the official continuity and then there's the reader's interpretation that allows you fit things in like that. Same as I have no interest in the Infestation issues, I just skip them during my read throughs.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #3069
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Thatís great news! Thanks Bobby. Can you say when Shredder in Hell is set yet? Iím assuming pre-City at War? Maybe before 90/91/92 or between 92 and 93?
Time in the underworld/afterworld moves differently, so an impossible thing to pinpoint!
Bobby Curnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #3070
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
It's not part of the IDW universe, no. Ghostbusters but also Usagi and X-files are cannon (though X-files was erased by the time that larger crossover had ended)
Old 11-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #3071
neatoman
Emperor

About the Dragon as a destruction deity, is it more like a Shiva thing where it's part of the natural order of rebirth, or a Gozer thing where it's best to prevent the destruction at any cost?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:14 PM   #3072
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I think that would be up to personal interpretation. Or at least Mateus' personal interpretation!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #3073
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It's not part of the IDW universe, no. Ghostbusters but also Usagi and X-files are cannon (though X-files was erased by the time that larger crossover had ended)
Thanks for the clear up. There are signs of it being in Boom's MMPR continuity going by the dialog which made me wonder if it was cannon for one or both. I see its not on the TMNT, but unless told otherwise is on the MMPR side. Perhaps its because Boom is taking the lead.

Thank you for making both of my 90s' kid dream team ups happen, the original six Power Rangers and Batman/Robin/Batgirl interacting with TMNT.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #3074
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Time in the underworld/afterworld moves differently, so an impossible thing to pinpoint!
Ok, thanks Bobby.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #3075
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I hate to be this guy arguing this, but I just don't see how the whole miniseries can occur at all. I realize many say it is or was canon but then the ending of the mini made it so it wasn't. But for me the fact that the TMNT and the Ghostbusters are in the same universe here, in my view, blows the canonicity of this mini out of the water. Now, maybe the ending of the mini makes it so the universe splits or something, or maybe (and I've never read the X-Files comic or the Lone Gunmen either) the Lone Gunmen can travel between dimensions, I don't know. But, for me, the fact that the TMNT and the Ghostbusters share the same universe just, to me, makes this whole story unlikely to be canon.
daggio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #3076
spookycookies
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
I hate to be this guy arguing this, but I just don't see how the whole miniseries can occur at all. I realize many say it is or was canon but then the ending of the mini made it so it wasn't. But for me the fact that the TMNT and the Ghostbusters are in the same universe here, in my view, blows the canonicity of this mini out of the water. Now, maybe the ending of the mini makes it so the universe splits or something, or maybe (and I've never read the X-Files comic or the Lone Gunmen either) the Lone Gunmen can travel between dimensions, I don't know. But, for me, the fact that the TMNT and the Ghostbusters share the same universe just, to me, makes this whole story unlikely to be canon.
Itís all good. I honestly only ever read maybe the first IDW arc of X-Files & the TMNT cross over, so whatever happened in the overall story I donít know. My terms of canon are looser than most so that if it fits in somewhere in a timeline and nothing contradicts the greater canon it can work. Iím just fond of the one shot to be honest.

Sorry to derail the topic. Bobby I do have a question about this year going forward. I know thereís probably a lot you cannot say pre-100 but I was curious what is going on with the companion books beyond Shredder in Hell? The world of the TMNT gets bigger and livelier with every issue and thankfully we have had 2 monthly books that deal with the large cast and all the multiple story threads. This year was pretty different with Shredder being delayed, not that I place any blame on Mateus heís doing amazing work but if the second book had kept up itís pace with the main ongoing there would have been what 6-7 more since January? We also didnít have a month long weekly event such as the Bebop & Rocksteady books or Dimension X this year. I know that sales went up this summer due to Jennika mutating and I think something similar to those 5 week events would have been a good opportunity to capitalize on all of the extra eyes on the book and also those industry speculators that have driven up variant demand. I appreciate the extra pages we have gotten lately but a companion book to make City at War as robust as Cityfall was would have been a better value to me than 30+ variants for 1000 that even I as someone who has collected more than 600 IDW variants the situation is pretty harsh. Ok I think Iím getting off topic so I just want to sum up TL;DR

- besides the ongoing book what can we expect for a companion book in 2020? News after 100 possibly?

- IDW published less TMNT books this year than previous - but this summer saw an uptick for the ongoing. Can we expect 5 week events going forward?

Iím sorry if this comes off as critical I love this book and try to do as much as I can to support it. You have an amazing team of artists and I hope thereís more room in the future to tell as many stories as you want to tell.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #3077
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hey, no worries, you don't sound critical.

There weren't any minis or anything planned for this year after Shredder, we wanted the focus to be on the end of City at War. But you'll be seeing more TMNT stuff besides the ongoing title next year, for sure. Can't get into it any more than that, currently.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #3078
Vegita-San
Emperor

is there any chance we can get a comic continuation of the original series?

With Art Style that matches the red sky version of the show?

I have a few plot ideas on where it could go ;o)..
Old 11-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #3079
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm not sure if you are referring to Mirage comics or the original cartoon-- but no plans to touch anything Mirage, I think that should remain the realm of Peter. And no plans to continue the cartoon.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #3080
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I'm not sure if you are referring to Mirage comics or the original cartoon-- but no plans to touch anything Mirage, I think that should remain the realm of Peter. And no plans to continue the cartoon.
The original cartoon .

Although hopefully I would like complete Mirage V4 to be reprinted one day.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz