The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-11-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The rise in... Satanism?

I'm not religious at all, but even as someone who's agnostically atheist... it's hard to ignore the rather large and fairly sudden uptick in full-on Satanistic/Satan-worshipping material coming out there, whether it's in pop culture or beyond. Like, you don't have to go far to find it because it just keeps popping up.

And now apparently Cosmopolitan magazine, which is not known for re-running the same thing over and over again, has run articles about "Satanic abortion ceremonies" a total of three times now.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifesty...uel-alito-mom/

And I'm not against abortion but... do we really need to bring in Satanism into the mix? And where is this even coming from?

I mean, I'd have to see some pretty definitive proof to jump into the religious bandwagon... but if I was religious, boy. I don't think I'd have to look far to see signs of the end of times and all of that, if I was looking for them. Or even not looking for them.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think the decline of most religions in the West is directly related to the rise of Satanism. Practices previously seen as unacceptable and punished are now defended as Freedom of Expression.

Traditional religion provides a sense of shame and social pressure to not engage in Satanistic practicies. Remove that, and what we get is a chaotic free-for-all.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think the decline in religion in the West is directly related to the rise of Satanism. Practices previously seen as unacceptable and punished are now defended as Freedom of Expression.

Traditional religion provides a sense of shame and social pressure to not engage in Satanistic practicies. Remove that, and what we get is a chaotic free-for-all.
For better or for worse, the only thing truly keeping the purge from happening on a worldwide scale is religion, and not because people are oh-so-good or whatever, but because of the fear of the unknown and eternal damnation.

If someone ever somehow died and came back (maybe a clone or something, I don't know) and proved to the world at large (including the scientific community and the mainstream) that either there is nothing waiting for us at the end of the tunnel, or that we're all gonna go to hell anyways regardless of being the most good person in the history of ever..... that's a wrap. The world would fall under complete and utter debauchery.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I get that traditional religion provides a sense of shame and social pressure... but I'd see that as a barrier to stuff like wanton hedonism and the like. But how is Satanism entering the equation? How is that so attractive as opposed to just... nothing religious?
Old 12-11-2023, 06:51 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I get that traditional religion provides a sense of shame and social pressure... but I'd see that as a barrier to stuff like wanton hedonism and the like. But how is Satanism entering the equation? How is that so attractive as opposed to just... nothing religious?
Satanism embodies those qualities you mentioned, wanton hedonism and the likes. Whereas traditional religion promotes hierachy, obedience and authority, satanism promotes things like rebellion, anti-authority attitudes and indulgence.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:57 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So yeah, I guess I just said nothing. Don't everyone start agreeing/disagreeing with me all at once or anything.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-11-2023, 07:00 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So yeah, I guess I just said nothing. Don't everyone start agreeing/disagreeing with me all at once or anything.
I do think you make a good point. I do think IF there was a hypothetical scenario where God was disproved beyond any doubt, people would go insane.

I think religion and God is just as necessary to human existence as food or water.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:01 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I do think you make a good point. I do think IF there was a hypothetical scenario where God was disproved beyond any doubt, people would go insane.

I think religion and God is just as necessary to human existence as food or water.
That's why Flanders wants to burn the evidence.

Seriously though, thanks. It just sucks being ignored the few times I'm actually serious.

Old 12-11-2023, 07:15 PM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Praise him!

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
For better or for worse, the only thing truly keeping the purge from happening on a worldwide scale is religion, and not because people are oh-so-good or whatever, but because of the fear of the unknown and eternal damnation.
I don't know if the Purge is the right example, but certainly more goal posts that we hold as common sense markers of moral and just would go out the window for sure.

Quote:
If someone ever somehow died and came back (maybe a clone or something, I don't know) and proved to the world at large (including the scientific community and the mainstream) that either there is nothing waiting for us at the end of the tunnel, or that we're all gonna go to hell anyways regardless of being the most good person in the history of ever..... that's a wrap. The world would fall under complete and utter debauchery.
I think people at large would require a lot more proof than what you're describing there.

Quote:
Satanism embodies those qualities you mentioned, wanton hedonism and the likes. Whereas traditional religion promotes hierachy, obedience and authority, satanism promotes things like rebellion, anti-authority attitudes and indulgence.
Right... but why do they need Satanism? They can have all their hedonism and all of that without it, so why even include it at all? What does Satanism add on top of the hedonism and the like that's so attractive?
Old 12-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

IIRC there was a rise in occultism and satanism in the roaring 20's as well.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:55 PM   #13
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Right... but why do they need Satanism? They can have all their hedonism and all of that without it, so why even include it at all? What does Satanism add on top of the hedonism and the like that's so attractive?
Satanism has always been part of the 'counter-culture' in Western Christian society. I don't care as long as they follow the 11 satanic rules by Anton Szandor LaVey. I live by these rules more or less myself and it makes my life easier and fits in with my more libertarian outlook.

The 11 Satanic rules
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 05:12 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
We probably won't agree on this, but I think Hedonism equals to Satanism, they are interchangable.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:26 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
We probably won't agree on this, but I think Hedonism equals to Satanism
I don't see how. One involves worship (whether literal or otherwise) of a supernatural, evil deity. One doesn't.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:57 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I don't see how. One involves worship (whether literal or otherwise) of a supernatural, evil deity. One doesn't.
Funny thing is many established forms of Satanism do not include worship. A quote from one of their websites:

https://www.churchofsatan.com/faq-fundamental-beliefs/

"Why do Satanists worship The Devil?

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.”

Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person."
Old 12-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Now with Christmas coming up and the rise of satanism apparently being a thing, I really need to ask a very important question:

Is it enough for me to donate part of my income to the Mountain Lion Preservation Society, or is it a good idea to also learn how to perform abortions?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:06 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Now with Christmas coming up and the rise of satanism apparently being a thing, I really need to ask a very important question:

Is it enough for me to donate part of my income to the Mountain Lion Preservation Society, or is it a good idea to also learn how to perform abortions?
I'd say most everyone ignores whatever their beliefs are whenever Christmas comes along to put up the tree and pass out the presents..... but to be honest most people that celebrate Christmas think more of the tree and the presents than they Jesus anyway.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:45 PM   #19
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I guess the rebels of Gen Z will start wearing nice clean clothes and carry around Bibles all the while saying “God bless you” and “Jesus loves you” just to tick off the older satanists.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:47 PM   #20
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Only if you donate about tree fitty
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote