The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-18-2024, 06:43 PM   #401
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
And many movies that are now universally considered good had bad reviews when they came out.
Stop supporting woke corporate garbage, "independent thinker".

Quote:
So the first three Michael Bay Transformers movies are good actually?
As far as visual spectacle goes?
Definitely.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:15 PM   #402
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Stop supporting woke corporate garbage, "independent thinker".
The vast majority of cinema is corporately owned. I like a lot of indie movies but I'm not sure anyone would enjoy a world were they were the only kinds of films we could watch.

Also I think we're allowed to like movies that are not popular with critics. It wasn't too long ago that it was deemed that professional critics were a poor barometer for franchise movies. To put it into perspective if we were only supposed to like the Star Wars movies that were popular with critics we'd have to hate all of 'em apart from The Last Jedi and...The Phantom Menace.

Quote:
As far as visual spectacle goes?
Definitely.
Sorta. Bay's style for action in those movies was new and different at the time and that allowed attracted an audience but I would argue it was never truly good. Other directors took that style and sanded off the rough edges to make it easier to follow. I don't think it's any coincidence that those Transformers movies stopped being successful when the MCU took off.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:25 AM   #403
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
The vast majority of cinema is corporately owned. I like a lot of indie movies but I'm not sure anyone would enjoy a world were they were the only kinds of films we could watch.
Which is why "honorable defenders of woke / corpo trash" like you are hilarious clowns.

Unless you are a complete idiot, and I doubt it, you do know that whatever ideological trash is being pushed by corporations is insincere and motivated purely by publicity and not a genuine empathy for anyone or anything.

Which is why defending mainstream woke industry is dumb.
You are defending bunch of greedy hypocrites and act like a hypocrite yourself in a process.
Much like those idiots who put up all possible diversity flags in their avatars and think they are "fighting a good fight" against someone.

Quote:
Also I think we're allowed to like movies that are not popular with critics. It wasn't too long ago that it was deemed that professional critics were a poor barometer for franchise movies. To put it into perspective if we were only supposed to like the Star Wars movies that were popular with critics we'd have to hate all of 'em apart from The Last Jedi and...The Phantom Menace.
Of course, we are allowed to like whatever we want.
But, in this thread you are not talking for yourself. You are talking on behalf of some elusive "majority" which supposedly liked this movie, when both box-office and critics show a completely opposite picture.

So, as of now, reality is as follow: box-office is utter ****, which means regular people didn't like this movie. Critics reception is mild at best. Which means they also didn't like this movie.

So, who exactly liked this movie?

Like, I understand there are few normies and MCUtards and SJWtards which genuinely consider or pretend this movie is good, but right now, majority of people either don't like it or don't care, which is even worse for the blockbuster.

Quote:
Sorta. Bay's style for action in those movies was new and different at the time and that allowed attracted an audience but I would argue it was never truly good. Other directors took that style and sanded off the rough edges to make it easier to follow. I don't think it's any coincidence that those Transformers movies stopped being successful when the MCU took off.
I don't see any resemblance between Bayformers and MCU. Like at all.
If anything Bay's style is much closer to that of Snyder, but none of MCU action scenes gave the same typical Bay flair. Not even a pale imitation. They are good, but very by the numbers, standardized, if you want.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:02 PM   #404
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just saw the movie on "free download." It wasn't the stupidest thing I've ever seen but man, it's up there. The main bad guy lady is horribly miscast and isn't a very good actress. Yes, it wants you to see Ms. Marvel first because it doesn't explain anything about Kamala or how she got her arm band. No, it doesn't feel remotely organic to anything that happened in Secret Invasion. No, we aren't given any reason to care about anyone on the screen beyond their development in other projects. This appears to exist only to continue to try to will into being an audience of little girls that doesn't exist.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:25 PM   #405
CyberCubed
Overlord

I also thought the singing planet people felt weird, was that in the comics? Felt like something out of Star Trek, weirdly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 09:59 PM   #406
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 03-13-2024, 11:56 PM   #407
neatoman
Emperor

Not sure how many ideas are "guaranteed hits" at this point, actual Spider-Man movies maybe but that's about it. Ant-Man 4, Captain Marvel 3 and Eternals 2 do seem like guaranteed duds though, I'll give them that.

Doctor Stange 3, Thor 5 and Guardians 4 might make sense for now but the reputation of this series has really gone downhill. And does anyone really want Black Panther 3 and Black Widow 2?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote