The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #3841
Leo656
The Franchise

For now, the house is very peaceful without the Drunken Wretch clanging around downstairs. That's always nice. We'll see how long it lasts but even one day is a reprieve.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:05 AM   #3842
Storm Eagle
Saved by

This actually happened on Saturday, but this new UHDTV came to me. At the beginning of last week, I told one of my friends that I wanted to get one. Then on Friday, I got an e-mail from FedEx saying I've got a delivery from Best Buy coming to me the day after. I didn't order anything, but I had a look at the information and saw what the weight of the item was. I thought of what I told my friend and went on Best Buy's site to see if TVs would be around that weight, and it was. So I figured that she might have gotten me a UHDTV. Of course that's exactly what it turned out to be. It's an Insignia that's 43 inches. I set it up yesterday and the picture is rather nice. I got a 4K Blu-ray player yesterday so I can finally play the 4K Blu-rays that I've been buying when I was future-proofing. I'm so grateful for my friend's gesture that I almost don't want to throw away the box.

For the record, I ordered her a box of chocolates at the beginning of the month since she did that for me last year. I even had a box of chocolates sent to her mother, who's also like a mom to me.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #3843
Cake-Monster85
Banned

well, im new here and i can already tell from browsing, some of yall really need happiness.

let God in and he will help you find peace!
Cake-Monster85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:49 PM   #3844
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Got my 2020 exclusive employee-only Keepsake ornament today. AND my awesome supervisor gave me some of the awesome cookies she made.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #3845
Cake-Monster85
Banned

What made me happy today was I got to visit my friend, Mabel after work. She's a sweet lady... opinionated... for a woman. But sweet. She brings my daughter Carrie cupcakes on occasion and reads my son, Chris, who's diabetic, bible passages after school. But she loves God and America too. That much is true. A great influence on my kids... not like my ex, who lets the kids be loose with her Democrat friends. Woman's gonna be the death of me. She needs to be put in her place. But, my kids know better.

But yeah, Mabel is always so great to my kids. That makes me happy!
Old 12-15-2020, 05:17 PM   #3846
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Monster85 View Post
who lets the kids be loose with her Democrat friends.
What. o.O What is the meaning of this particular use of "loose."
Old 12-15-2020, 05:23 PM   #3847
Cake-Monster85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
What. o.O What is the meaning of this particular use of "loose."
loose! As in Godless. Morally corrupt! Pretty much like most women these days.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:58 PM   #3848
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What a pity you're already banned.

Happy maker... Had agreed to cover an additional location for my supervisor and had intended to do it today, though she said it was fine if I wanted to bump it to Friday if the weather is bad. Went ahead and got that out of the way this morning though and happy to have beat the storm, the flakes only started coming down just as I was headed home.

Didn't take long until it was snowing pretty hard and clumps of flakes that must have been at least a couple inches wide. In a way it's kind of nice to see it since we saw only a short lived dusting a couple times last winter and that was it. Now I just hope it's fine by my afternoon dental appointment tomorrow...
Old 12-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #3849
Vegita-San
Emperor

lost all the data on my TV Drive due to synology error. Had to reback up EVERYTHING...something I was thinking of doing any way just to get better organized.

started on 10/25, 130 complete series later, some blu, some dvd, almost done. also started trying to nab all the high quality versions of 2k3 off pluto TV 11/12. now 12/16, should finally get the last two I need by this weekend if they continue to air in order.

also finally got 100 of 2k12 in wide screen. will try and watch it all the way through. will be interesting if the experience is any different without any social media hooplah involved, or super long breaks in between shows and I can just try and enjoy the show.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:42 PM   #3850
Leo656
The Franchise

Not "fun" exactly, but I managed to get a lot of cleaning done that I've been putting off for a while. My wife and her Mom set up the tree (and she set up and decorated the miniature tree in our room), and I managed to make a lot of space in the spare room.

It's just so much easier to get stuff done without her Dad around. He's always in everybody's business being a pest.

Also, it snowed and the dog's going nuts. He loves that stuff. He likes to stick his face in it and walk around like a little plow. What a nut.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #3851
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol How much did you guys end up with? About 5" over here and a good layer of sleet and ice on top to make it less fun. And the down side of a soft top vehicle; but an upside of the heater in it helping it thaw. Sides of the car were pretty much an ice cube. Happy we didn't lose power, though it threatened to for a second. We got to 40 mph gusts. o.O

At some point our flakes were as big as feathers. Cat was watching outside like he wasn't sure what to think. Not seen much snow for a couple of years.

Happy stuffs... good marks on the dental visit for a cleaning (even though I still have to go back for three small fillings in the front... if I did better then what the hell... grr I just had two fillings in March, so what the heck.) and got all the gift wrapping done, which unlike a lot of people I like wrapping stuff.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-17-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #3852
Leo656
The Franchise

About the same, I reckon. It sucked because it wasn't good packing snow. Tons of it to work with but can't even make a snowman. I went out early in the morning about 4:30am to clean off the cars and shovel the driveway, both cars were pretty much covered. And of course after I cleared out the end of the driveway the plow came by and put up another wall.

And yeah, I like wrapping stuff, too. I'm just waiting on a few more things to come in the mail but the post office is apparently overburdened as hell right now. Which I understand completely, it's just annoying. So her Mom and her grandma might get their presents after Christmas. They'll understand, given the circumstances of how this whole year has gone, just kind of a bummer.

"Allegedly" they'll be here before Christmas but the online tracking doesn't update on every single thing like it should, only a few things, so it's pretty much just "fingers crossed". Been like that all month. Like a bunch of stuff I ordered, there were never any tracking updates on at all and they just showed up without any notification (and are still listed as "To be Delivered On..." despite actually being delivered already). So we'll see what happens.
-----

They took the dog outside this afternoon and he kept rolling around on his back in the snow. He's a goofball.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #3853
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Same issue trying to get stuff. Have an Amazon order shipped from CA that hasn't updated since the 10th while still in CA, and an eBay order that hasn't updated since the 12th after making it as far as York, PA and then disappeared off the radar.

Just glad a few Christmas and birthday gifts for a friend, that I'd ordered alongside my missing Amazon order, did make it to her house on Tuesday. That one came out of Nevada, so what gives with this other one...

I know shipping is probably just very congested right now, but some showing up fine while others seem to disappear always make me worry about bad people in the system stealing packages.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #3854
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Took care of my small number of Christmas gifts to buy today since it was payday. Got hubby a couple of pairs of sleep pants, and a gift card for the "duckling", since I have no idea what she might want or need right now. Put it in a cute card with a dancer on it. And that's my gift list. Two people.

On another note, my finger is finally starting to heal a bit. Seems there will be some nerve damage, though, as there is no feeling from just above the cut down to the tip on that side. The other side has a kind of tingly feeling like when your foot is asleep. Hope that goes away, as it is mildly annoying and uncomfortable. Resigned to the fact that I may never have any feeling down that cut side though. But on the bright side, that half won't wrinkle in water now, either! Neat party trick!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:14 AM   #3855
nylemon

Received emails from Red Hat Certification that I passed the RHCSA ex200 and RHCE ex294 exams, keep learning!!!
Old 12-18-2020, 06:18 AM   #3856
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Remembered my password... finally. Then got news that I am a permanent employee at my job. Was a little worried because they were cutting my hrs.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:22 AM   #3857
nylemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Remembered my password... finally. Then got news that I am a permanent employee at my job. Was a little worried because they were cutting my hrs.
Congrats on your job! Browsers can remember account and password for you, it's hard to remember all things nowadays since there are so many sites accounts to remember.

Last edited by nylemon; 12-18-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:24 AM   #3858
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
Congrats on your job! Browsers remember account and password for you, it's hard to remember all things nowadays since there are some many sites account to remember.
Well, it was kinda intentional... but then I missed you guys so bad, I couldn't stay away.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:40 AM   #3859
nylemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Well, it was kinda intentional... but then I missed you guys so bad, I couldn't stay away.
I can feel the same, don't get too serious on some topics when you are in Internet, then it will be much easier.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #3860
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I have had a BIG day. I found out I have Covid. I got some kind of job security, whatever that's worth... and on top of that a .50 raise. Half the people @ work, practically, are being laid off. Turns out, I'm staying on becacuse one of the supervisors is a friend of my Pops. It's weird and complicated but I'll take it.

The wife and I might be moving to Texas sometime next year... BUT that's not certain yet. IF we have to I would rather wait until after the pandemic.

My Gramps no longer has Covid BUT he fell many weeks ago and is still in therapy. If I'm 90 and they want me in therapy just go ahead and end me!

I'm tired and going to bed.