The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #1
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

Nick TMNT Time Slot Change

Up until now Nick TMNT has aired on Friday prime-time at 8pm. This seemed like a good time to me although it may have conflicted with parents prime-time viewing, but Friday night was always family TV time when I was young.

Now that Season 3 is finally coming back on I see that the new episodes 7 and 8 are set to air on Sunday 1/11 and 1/18 at 11am. I have kids and it doesn't seem to me like they spend a lot of Sunday mornings watching TV.

Is anyone else aware of this shift in schedule? Do you think it's a good idea or have any idea/official reason why?

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Yes, I'm aware of this and Nick is terrible with the scheduling. I'm not even going to attempt to figure out why they do what they do. It makes absolutely no sense. I'm surprised anyone watches this show at all what with the casual person not even knowing when it's on half the time. Whoever schedules this show should be fired.

Airing it Saturday would probably be better. I don't know
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

This isn't the first time change or the first time new episodes have aired on Sunday mornings.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
This isn't the first time change or the first time new episodes have aired on Sunday mornings.
Ok, thanks for the info. Do you think it will affect the ratings? I think Nick has a good thing going. I'm a big fan of the show. I'd hate to see a poor decision result in diminished interest.

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think the middle of Season 2 aired on Sunday late mornings. Strange, it seems like it's been a long time since a new TMNT episode premiered (or was even rerun) on the traditional Saturday morning spot.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyaddams View Post
Ok, thanks for the info. Do you think it will affect the ratings? I think Nick has a good thing going. I'm a big fan of the show. I'd hate to see a poor decision result in diminished interest.
I would have to go back and check the ratings thread but I'm pretty sure the ratings on Sunday mornings were better than the Friday night airings. In fact, some weeks they would air a new episode on Friday night with a repeat airing the following Sunday morning and the Sunday airing had higher ratings.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

They did Sunday morning shows for a while last year. If it wasn't a good move, they wouldn't do it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yes, although it's technically a return to their former day and time. (Although if it's on the weekends again I still miss it being on Saturdays with the Sunday repeat if I missed the first airing.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #9
Jephael
That whack job behind you

At the next convention somebody really needs to ask why TMNT of all shows doesn't premiere on Saturday mornings.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Are kids just not watching tv on Saturday mornings any more? It's funny that with the era of Saturday morning cartoons supposedly having ended in October - I assume they just mean the basic channels - you would think it might be a prime spot for those like Nick to premier new episodes rather than repeats of other stuff.

I mean, when it comes down to a choice of watching a repeat of something for the 100th time on another channel or "oh look, TMNT is showing a new one!," if that has no pull anymore... wow. (I don't mean the Turtles aren't a draw, but the draw, or lack of, of something new.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-09-2015 at 12:24 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am kind of glad Turtles went back to Sunday's since Constantine is now in the 8pm time slot I wouldn't want to choose between the two.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm fine with the change since Glee is now on Fridays and since it's the final season, I really want to support the show I've been watching since it first aired for the final season. If TMNT was to go back to Fridays before Glee was over, I'd just watch Glee and the heck with it. I'd just watch TMNT on Sunday if they re-aired it. So I'm glad for the change as of now, but I do agree that they really need to be better at scheduling it and keeping it at a certain time.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #13
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I liked it when they showed new episodes on Friday nights...they only really do that for the double length episodes now, though...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #14
pannoni1
Foot Elite

It shouldn't be too bad since Sundays tend to be quieter, especially outside of holiday weekends/summer. If someone needs to attend a religious service, they can usually pick a time that doesn't interfere with the show. The show was doing ok during the last stint on Sunday mornings. The big question of course is if the show can improve since I feel that the novelty of the Nick era may be starting to wear off now that we're three years in, though its done a pretty good job at promoting a nice diversity of products keeping the awareness factor in. I feel that Friday nights should be reserved for special episodes like finales or season premieres, though many studies show that Friday nights are less lucrative due to new movie releases and going out.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #15
pingclang
Stone Warrior

This really sucks for me considering every Sunday my church has service at the time Turtles will be on. Oh well. Really miss it being on Saturday morning.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #16
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Due to the time zone I'm in, airing on Sunday means I'll only be able to watch it on Monday, which is a bummer as my "weekend mood" has already worn off. I always prefer it to be aired as early as possible so I have the whole weekend to enjoy it over (and more time to make gifs )
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

I didn't like it when it was on 8pm US time due to time zone difference as it was on 1am UK time, so as back in it's 11am slot it be 4pm here.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #18
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

3 hours left until new episode
Old 01-11-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Time to break out the conspiracy theories.

The Legend of Korra had good ratings throughout, so Nickelodeon renewed it for an additional three seasons before season one concluded. When season two premiered there was too little promotion and as result the ratings were dropping, this continued until midway through season three when the ratings were so bad they decided to just dump the restoring season and a half online.

TMNT debuted the same year and like Korra it had the third season (and maybe also the fourth, I can't remember) greenlit before season one had concluded. And much like The Legend of Korra, there has been a lot of oddities with promotion and airtime. And just like Korra, the ratings have dropped.

The conspiracy is that for whatever reason the producers want these shows fail.

Of course a more likely reason is that Korra and TMNT were both building upon previous successes, as such the network might just believe that they would bring in ratings regardless of how they handeled the airings, so they just decided to promote shows "less likely" to draw attention on their own. Which is a disaster for the "recognisable" shows since they still needed promotion for people to know when they were on...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #20
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Darn it Nick, make up your darn minds! Stop changing the times! Give it its own time slot and keep it there and don't pre-empt it for junk like Full House reruns! Man, if this was 1985 or 1995 as opposed to 2015, and I was a kid, I probably would've given up on this show for its inconsistency, but then again, Nickelodeon wasn't that terrible in 1985 and 1995 when it came to the way they aired their programs. They usually kept their same time slots.

So that means...it'll be airing 1:00 am Monday for me. It's nearly midnight now. Sucks it's not up on Amazon either. I'm really curious about this upcoming episode and since these eps have been kind of linked, I wonder if anything in this ep will lead into the next one (or a future one).
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick