The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And what a super, super creepy story there. She basically had sex with a mystical (but otherwise regular, appearance-wise) jaguar. It's not shown or spoken, but it's directly implied.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #22
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Nice to see Adventures get some more love in this series! Like others, I suspect Mammoth is a member of the Pantheon, as for female Jagwar it's an interesting change. This series does kinda need more female characters, so there's that. Wonder if her origin will be as...interesting as the original.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Well there was the hint when it said Toad Baron's story would be followed up on in the ongoing soon. It just happened in #71 & #72 opposed to #76 & #77.

Here is what the translator states from the article:

Spoiler:
Comic Con in Brussels: exclusive information on the comic from IDW Publishing and progress of the show

Tortuepedia / 1 day ago the Comic Con in Brussels took place on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 February 2017. Kevin Eastman was present on this occasion, an opportunity for us to meet him but also to see that we reserved this show of geek.

During this fabulous day of February 25, Kevin Eastman was a question and answer with the host of the show at 11. After that he went to join his table to make the dedications to the many fans see it. At 3 pm, he headed the cabin from photoshoot to take photographs with fans that wanted. We had the chance to talk a little bit with him and he immediately accepted our request for an interview for Ninja turtles France. In addition to the proprietary information of this article, below you will find a small paragraph on the set of the show, activities and everything that made it fantastic!

And for put you water in your mouth before you publish the interview in its entirety, we got an exclusive information about the IDW Publishing comic! During the autograph session, fans could either sign a product they brought, either take a turtle drawing printed on photo paper. Another alternative, it had made available a few original drawings and design characters that he had submitted to Viacom. And what a surprise? Most of these boards were TMNT #71 and TMNT #72 that we know at present about! And two new characters were introduced.
As a reminder, we got up here solicitations until the TMNT #70 that will conclude the CRA Desperate measure with Bishop and the Earth Protection Force. Besides from the brief summary of IDW this number should be very important for the rest of the story.

The different layers were the Baron Toad (which will be introduced in the TMNT Universe #9) which seemed to receive in his home a few already well known characters in this universe, Rat King, Kitsune and Aka, in other words, members of the mysterious Pantheon. Three other figures in the foreground are back, which does not recognize them. The Baron Toad would be a member of the Pantheon?

Turning the pages of the collection of drawings of Kevin Eastman, our gaze then stopped about two characters unpublished at IDW Publishing, and yet already known to fans. Jagwar and Manmoth, two characters introduced in the Comics Archies. And to look at it more closely, they should be two of the three characters in back for coverage above.
Jagwar here should be a character either male and female. As a reminder, in the Archie Comics Jagwar was the son of an Indian and the spirit of the Jaguar and a friend of the turtles who will eventually agree to the Mighty Mutanimals. Manmoth was a cave man prisoner of ice and mutated by Shredder - also an ally of the turtles.
Curious to know more, we asked some information Kevin Eastman during the interview he gave us licensed. Here is his answer.

"Turtles Ninja France (TNF): we know what is going to happen until the TMNT #70 with Dark Water and Bishop's EPF and CRA Krang and the Dimension X from the TMNT #73." During the autograph session, I could see that there were sheets of characters designs Jagwar and Manmoth for the TMNT #72. Can you tell us about these characters?

Of course. Dark Water and the EPF discover the existence of mutants. They will track them to capture and use as military weapons. […] We also have this story with mystical characters called the Phanteon. Rat King is one of them, you also Chi - You, Kitsune... (TNF: the Toad Baron also?) Yes! We love being able to choose from the list of character of the different universes when we write our stories for IDW Publishing, and mainly in the Archie Comics, the original comic in black and white and the series of the 2000s as with Hun and the Purple Dragons. They are characters we want to put forward and we expect the good story to introduce them. It is a great revolution, and I think that the fans love it.

He could not give us more information of course, but it seems that Jagwar and Manmoth are also members of the Hall of Fame. At present, we know Kitsune, Rat King, Chi - You and Aka. The Baron Toad will be introduced in the TMNT Universe #9. Jagwar according to annotations must be of Aztec origin. Would it then be the God Tezcatlipoca, the jaguar face?

Different areas had been built. The largest was dedicated to traders who were selling thousands of products bearing the image of the superhero in all kind, so that new vintage. Many sellers also offered comics of all times. Ninja turtles were once again very well represented on many stands, through t-shirts, caps, the game board of IDW Entertainment, action figures, vehicles and comics. And if you read, the very kind gentleman of a vintage, no Muckman figurines stand doesn't do not part of the Toxic Crusaders from Playmates Toys! ^^
Cosplayers were also present with costumes all more beautiful than the other. Star Wars, Lord of the rings, Predators, Ghostbusters, fantastic universe, comics and manga, it was! While some proposed to test the drones, other stalls were available to the consoles of different generations for gamers. c5mrm_bxmaanxyqDans the room reserved for the fanmade, several associations of Belgian and Luxembourg Ghostbusters exhibited their work and shared their passion with visitors. Not far away, a workshop of the Star Wars lightsaber combat offered of many activities in which we are caught in the game. How a ninja would refuse to fight by the sword? Good on the other hand, Raph, I like "the new never heard the expression fair fight?
Seven hours at the salon were the shortest of our life. We had great meetings and mainly that of the young fan of Ninja turtles come to the North of the France. A lucky boy who lived his finest moments alongside Kevin Eastman and who could show him his drawings. Two artists together in this photo! Besides, you can find it on Youtube under the username Donnieninja59. Who knows, one day it will not resume a continuation of our work on the Tortuepedia and Ninja turtles France?

Soon for the translation of the questions and answers with Kevin Eastman.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #24
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

New interview with Waltz and Curnow on “TMNT” 60+ Issues In!

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

One of the best covers yet in the entire IDW run! So ominous!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Dave Watcher? Niiiice.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #27
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, what happens when leaks like this come out? Do people get fired?
Kevin is fired.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Kevin is fired.
Um, in what sense of the word? Fired as in "fired up" or hyped?
Or fired as in "get out of here you're fired." 'Cause if it's the latter....
Old 02-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #29
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Um, in what sense of the word? Fired as in "fired up" or hyped?
Or fired as in "get out of here you're fired." 'Cause if it's the latter....
It's a joke.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #30
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
It's a joke.
Whoops. My mistake. Still not used to this online stuff. I still find humor/sarcasm hard to mke out online. Sorry about that.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #31
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Answers!!! Finally, answers are incoming! Rejoice!

But seriously, this leak is some hot fire. I can't wait to learn more about the Pantheon family and find out what their deal is.

Some great art on all of these covers and character designs, too
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

I have to ask, is this a genuine leak (sorry for the oxymoron), though?

While I can and do understand French, I rarely do it outside of work since it's one of the hardest languages for me to "digest", so I skimmed over most of the article looking for info specifically on upcoming issues and characters.

I got the impression that everything was revealed through legitimate channels at Comic Con Brussels, so it's not so much a leak as it is the comics equivalent of the Nick cartoon season 4 finale airing halfway around the world from the U.S. first...
Old 02-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Jaguar being female now is a nice change, looks like Null isn't the only one to get a sex change during new continuities.

As for Mammoth...he's like one of the last characters I ever expected to see again. What.
I'm ok with Jagwar being female, The comic needs more female mutants, but i wonder what Jagwar's origin is gonna be since the character wasn't a mutant.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #34
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I have to ask, is this a genuine leak (sorry for the oxymoron), though?

While I can and do understand French, I rarely do it outside of work since it's one of the hardest languages for me to "digest", so I skimmed over most of the article looking for info specifically on upcoming issues and characters.

I got the impression that everything was revealed through legitimate channels at Comic Con Brussels, so it's not so much a leak as it is the comics equivalent of the Nick cartoon season 4 finale airing halfway around the world from the U.S. first...
I meant it was a leak only in the sense that Eastman let the cat out of the bag too early, according to Bobby. But yeah I mean we were going to find all this out eventually, and its not like any real story beats were revealed other than "the Pantheon will have a family reunion of sorts"
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #35
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What are the chances that Jagwar and Mammoth are gonna be joining the Mutanimals?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I meant it was a leak only in the sense that Eastman let the cat out of the bag too early, according to Bobby. But yeah I mean we were going to find all this out eventually, and its not like any real story beats were revealed other than "the Pantheon will have a family reunion of sorts"
Ah, I see. I hadn't read any comments on the matter from anyone other than Sophie in this very thread.

Yeah, the family reunion could be seen coming, but that doesn't make it any less intriguing. Jagward, Mammoth and the third figure are either with the Pantheon or against them, but they're definitely involved. Safe to say that storyline is about to kick into high gear very soon.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What are the chances that Jagwar and Mammoth are gonna be joining the Mutanimals?
If they're part of the Pantheon then no.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #38
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's all of the concept art from that article.

Spoiler:

Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #39
oldmanwinters
Overlord

If I remember, Eastman started a fan club where subscribers could get advanced peeks at his various drawings and cover concepts. I'm guessing some subscriber decided to share the wealth on that French fansite. International immunity, I guess?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Jagwar and Mammoth are going to appear in #71/72. Jagwar like Nill has been gender flipped. That is fine, but what would Null and Jagwar of Archie say in response? Friend or foe? Pantheon members? Mutants? Something else?

Tags
concept art, kevin eastman