Mad Scientist

Movie (2014) - toys first description!

Looks! It's intresting!

http://idlehands1.blogspot.ru/2014/0...a-turtles.html
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

They seem alright to me, except for Shredder but whatevs.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Indeed it is. Thanks for sharing this.

Now I'm more curious to see the new designs.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

I'll be excited for the first leaked pics of these new upcoming toys! They sound like they could be interesting!!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the the whole thing in quotes.
Quote:
THE TURTLES

- Each turtle has the weapons they should have. (YAY!) 2 swords for Leo, a staff for Don, 2 sais for Raph, a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey.
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien...at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80's movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here.
- Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest.
- Each turtle's mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello's gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo's outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.

SPLINTER

- Again, a very traditional design.
- Hair pulled up in a samurai..nub? Fu Manchu facial hair going on.
- His eyes seemed a little odd but I couldn't make out what was going on there.
- Slightly tattered samurai outfit with a blue upper half with gold accents, tan lower belted robes and blocky sandals.
- Comes with a samurai sword.

APRIL O'NEIL

- Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially since we saw her on set in her yellow jacket. Blue jeans, black boots up to her knees and a satchel across her chest.
- Worth noting the figure doesn't much look like her.
- Comes with a camera and 2 sai knives.
- Also might be worth noting she doesn't look very articulated and her heels may present a standing issue.

THE SHREDDER

- This guy looks like he owns stock in the Ronco knife company! Pointy edges coming off of absolutely anything. He'll be the stuff of ridicule for some time. Very overcomplicated outfit.
- Helmet is pseudo-traditional, adopting elements of the classic look (mostly the shape and key elements) with the top coming down over the eyes to the nose. Mouth area is recessed.
- Describing the rest of this armor is a nightmare. Suffice to say, even though he's covered head to toe in metal armor or blades, his arms are still mostly bare. It's a bit comical. He's got the shoulder pieces with the blades coming off them, the shin armor with the blades coming off them, black armor areas to offset the steel parts and a cape that looks metal with blades coming down the side. I'd expect we'll see him whip that around in battle.
- His only weapons (beyond his whole body) seem to be the bladey thingies coming off his forearm armor. The one on his right arm seems incredibly complicated..maybe a spinning blade?

FOOT SOLDIER

- No surprises here at all..just as drab as the goons in masks we saw on set.
- The figure designs are a bit more colorful with a brownish scarf, blue vest, black arms, tan pants, grey knee pads and black boots. They also seem to have made the mask more of a grey than the copper look we saw on set.
- The changes in colors and such lead me to wonder if they did that for the toy line just to bring something out for kids beyond a boring black outfit or has there been changes to the Foot Soldier's look? Our bet is the former. Makes little sense to put out figures that don't match the movie look, though....but it's not like it hasn't happened before.
- Figure comes with a small hand gun, a larger rifle and a knife. You may be able to strap the smaller gun to his leg in a holster sculpted on.
What I find interesting in the info is that it says, that there eyes are normal and not as big as the cartoon versions. I guess they have human like eyes?

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-02-2014 at 02:38 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Well they match the descriptions I was given a while ago. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

The turtle desciptions sound kind of like the next mutation turtle thrashers, you know the ones with the skateboards and they have different outfits.

I will hold out for a Whoopi Goldberg Burping action stuffed animal for this movie line.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dio4eN9Nm7...0/IMG_5412.JPG
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Can't say I'm all that excited by the description. Splinter sounds to be the better design, while Shredder... Oh poor Shredder. The more spikes the better, eh?

Foot figures sounds like a huge pass for me
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Chris
Mad Scientist

Very interesting.

On one hand I like the idea of the Turtles having unique looks, but at the same time I don't want them to go too far with it (Leo in pseudo Samurai gear sounds good to me, Raph in a loin cloth not so much). Still, I'm intrigued and certainly willing to reserve judgement until I see them for myself. Part of me wonders if these are just variants though.

Splinter sounds fine and so does April (shame about the likeness and lack of articulation but sadly I was sort of expecting that).

Shredder. I'll give him the dignity of reserving judgement until I see him for myself but it doesn't sound promising.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Everything sounded good for the Turtles until the style of dress part. Mikey with a hoodie and necklace. Ugh.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't like the idea of the turtles wearing armor or street clothes, what's wrong with their traditional look? Is it because they're naked?

Also surprised to see them keep the two toes look, because otherwise they are the same as the Nick turtles, with Don being skinnier and taller and Mikey being the shortest.

Shredder's design sounds horrible. But what can we expect from a white Shredder Eric Sachs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Not a fan of the clothing thing :/ I'm happy to hear that outside of that they look traditional. That Mikey description reminds me of fan art that was posted before...
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #13
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

That report also gave us a small movie synopsis:

New York City. Crime rates are on the rise and innocent civilians tremble in fear. But there's a force fighting back, vigilantes among us ready to protect the city. Are they the heroes we expect them to be? And are they powerful enough to take down the masked warrior everyone fears...the Shredder?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey."

lol... of course he has that in this movie. Of course he does. Any guess as to which weapon he will not actually be hitting anyone with in the movie?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-02-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Sounds pretty consistent with everything else I've heard/seen/experienced: Disappointing.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I kinda like the clothes idea.

They're so influenced by pop culture and the human world and they spend most of their time fighting dudes with guns and swords. Why WOULDN'T they put on alittle something?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
Electric
Epic Hiatus

like how theyre keeping the turtles different. big things like buff leo, even buffer raph, lean donnie and short mikey, and little things like donnie having a longer mask.

Not crazy about the clothes part. i think itll be a little overboard and distracting, but we'll see. atleast they varied it, and didnt have them all wearing the same thing. just hope its only for part of the movie.

shredder sounds overdone. if there are THAT many spikes thats disapointing. but again we'll see. i guess if he can fight and use them in a realistic way it wouldnt be bad.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

So...there's the possibility that Raphael may be running around New York City in a loin cloth?

(I'm just mainly talking to myself to make sure I read that right.)

Well, unless he crushes his enemies. Sees them driven before you. And hears the lamentations of the women aka April O'Neil aka Megan Fox. Then I'll be ok with it.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #19
snake
Disgusting

They sound disappointing, hopefully the pictures prove me wrong.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #20
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

With cameras being as small and sneaky as they are nowadays, I'm a little bummed nobody was able to snap a pic or two of these. Dying to get a peek at the characters, even it is just in toy form.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toys