The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #21
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=kelligrafie;1514893]Until someone manages to recreate a dinosaur, all information we have about dinosaurs is speculative. Yes we can look at currently existing animals and their traits and estimate what dinosaurs were like, but it's still guesswork at the end of the day, as it is with a lot of things.

We know Raptors had feathers as they have quill nobs, and we've found raptors with feathers preserved on their fossils. Raptors having feathers isn't a guess it's a fact. We could also tell that they aren't intelligent by looking at their skull and while they were intelligent for their size at the time , they weren't super intelligent creatures who were perfectly evolved. Also T-Rex had a lot of feathered ancestors so it's extremely unlikely that T-Rex wasn't feathered .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #22
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Was any one else bothered by the scientific inaccuracies of the dinosaurs ( such as a lack of feathers on T Rex and Raptors and Raptors being smart when they weren't intelligent animals). I know it's a special for pre school kids but I was still kinda bothered by the fact that they used Jurassic Park as a reference for science, although I really liked how Donnie mentioned the T-Rex had good vision. I still enjoyed it though and can't wait to see more.
Yeah, it's really annoying. Especially when franchises like Jurrasic Park did use at the time knowledge and information we had. But the general audiences mindset still sees Dinosaurs as we thought they looked like 20-30 years ago, and challenging that mindset isn't profitable, as Jurrasic World have just given up, and continues to use naked monster birds. But they did try to use prototype-feathers in JP3.

But, Jurrasic Park could easily use the books excuse and explain why the park's animals don't look like real-life Dinos. Something time travel stories can do...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It has nothing to do with the main series, it's a separate special show aimed for little kids.
Uh, what? This most certainly was written to take place in canon. It likely takes place later in Season 4 when the Turtles return to Earth.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I liked that in Jurassic World the scientist pointed out that the dinosaurs don't look like actual dinosaurs, they are designed to look that way because that's what people think they look like.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

Zera? Should've called her Zura after the unused Sophie Campbell character.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #26
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Uh, what? This most certainly was written to take place in canon. It likely takes place later in Season 4 when the Turtles return to Earth.
It's like Teen Titans go when compared to Teen Titans. Similar Universe, but alternate reality.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I finally watched it, and I thought it was great, I have a feeling we will see more of this in the future, it ends on a cliffhanger.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #28
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Raph *seeing the Stego*: "Is that a Spike-O-Don??"
Don: "It's a Stegosaur...."
Note: Rob Paulsen voices Spike the Stegosaur in the Land Before Time stuff
Old 11-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I really hope this becomes a thing, I really enjoyed what they did with Half-Shell Heroes, and I think many of you would agree, That this should become its own series?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It's like Teen Titans go when compared to Teen Titans. Similar Universe, but alternate reality.
But this wasn't an alternate reality. All the characters had the same personality, the episode had the same tone as the normal show, and it contributed to the plot. Only difference was the Turtles in chibi forms.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #31
Powder
So tired of this place

I really enjoyed this. Had a bunch of laugh out loud moments, some really fluid animation sequences, couple of quick references, lots of charm & personality, I'm all for a sequel. Involving B&R + The Triceratons was a great call, they were great additions.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #32
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Something bugs me about this special. Don said they were in the Cretacious. Stegosaur are NOT Cretacious era dinos. They're Jurrasic!

Also, other dinosaurs that weren't around 100 million (middle Cretacious) years ago were Velociraptors (the raptors seen were probably Utahraptors) as Velociraptors and heck even T-Rex were late Crecatious (68 million years ago)... and then there was that Trilobite Leo fished out of the water and used as a shield millions of years after Trilobites became extinct...

Other then that it was a cute and cool special...which will no doubt have a sequel considering the ending.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #33
Allio
Foot Elite

I thought it was ... meh... couldn't get much invested into it after the halfway point.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #34
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Something bugs me about this special. Don said they were in the Cretacious. Stegosaur are NOT Cretacious era dinos. They're Jurrasic!

Also, other dinosaurs that weren't around 100 million (middle Cretacious) years ago were Velociraptors (the raptors seen were probably Utahraptors) as Velociraptors and heck even T-Rex were late Crecatious (68 million years ago)... and then there was that Trilobite Leo fished out of the water and used as a shield millions of years after Trilobites became extinct...

Other then that it was a cute and cool special...which will no doubt have a sequel considering the ending.
I heard that not all of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are from the Jurassic era though.

Doesn't make it any less of a film, or this any less of an episode. Sure it might annoy the dinosaur purists but that's their problem
Old 11-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
I heard that not all of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are from the Jurassic era though.

Doesn't make it any less of a film, or this any less of an episode. Sure it might annoy the dinosaur purists but that's their problem
That's because Jurassic is a cooler name then Cretaceous

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-01-2015 at 03:35 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I thought it was ... meh... couldn't get much invested into it after the halfway point.
Funny, I was invested more after the halfway point.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I also like the way TigerClaw, Bebop, and Rocksteady looked in this.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-01-2015 at 03:50 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #38
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Was any one else bothered by the scientific inaccuracies of the dinosaurs ( such as a lack of feathers on T Rex and Raptors and Raptors being smart when they weren't intelligent animals). I know it's a special for pre school kids but I was still kinda bothered by the fact that they used Jurassic Park as a reference for science, although I really liked how Donnie mentioned the T-Rex had good vision. I still enjoyed it though and can't wait to see more.
Well...not really. I mean, the T-Rex was purple, buddy. How accurate did you think it was going to be?
But, yeah I really enjoyed it. Got a real good laugh
They were toooooo cute!!!
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #39
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I thought this special was a lot of fun. The chemistry between the turtles and their new pet dinosaurs was just perfect. I especially loved the animation because you don't see cartoons like these anymore.
Spoiler:
Bebop and Rocksteady claim to be turning over a new leaf, but we'll see. When Bebop literally did it I cracked up.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #40
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i really enjoyed it not to mention i think this is the first time ever that we've seen a female Triceraton in any tmnt universe.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote