The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #41
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't. What a terrible way to handle this awesome series. How hard is it to release proper DVDs for this? I shudder to think how they'll handle "Back to the Sewer" whenever they get around to releasing that... and three episodes per disc?! Really?! That's beyond pathetic.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't. What a terrible way to handle this awesome series. How hard is it to release proper DVDs for this? I shudder to think how they'll handle "Back to the Sewer" whenever they get around to releasing that... and three episodes per disc?! Really?! That's beyond pathetic.
Considering they seem to be only releasing random Season 1 episodes out of order, I don't even think they'll get that far. Imagine releasing a DVD with only 3 episodes every 5-6 months...it would take god knows how many years to complete the series. And obviously it would get canceled by then anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #43
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Considering they seem to be only releasing random Season 1 episodes out of order, I don't even think they'll get that far. Imagine releasing a DVD with only 3 episodes every 5-6 months...it would take god knows how many years to complete the series. And obviously it would get canceled by then anyway.
That's probably their plan. They release it like this so nobody buys it so they can say, Well, we tried and then cancel it. I mean, I know Nick is full of incompetent idiots when it comes to handling TMNT but man, this is just terrible. some people over there need to lose their jobs. I just don't get it. I guess they're not interested in making money off this series.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 03-23-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #44
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

There may be one small small small silver lining to this... maybe these DVDs won't have that annoying "TV-Y7" rating at the top of each episode.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Bu--but... Nickelodeon... why... why can't you do this..?
Come on, Nick. 3 episodes a disc is one thing (and for god's sake, we had enough of that **** when the show was going on), but out of order? Seriously?
I feel like Nick is doing this to spite us. Oh, you waited since 2005 or so for an actual season release of this show? Too bad! We're going to give you more of the bullsh*t you had to put up with before. Just... no.
You did it with Avatar. You did it with Korra. You even slightly did it with your own TMNT series. Is it so hard to just release the damn episodes season by season? Just have a Season 1 set, a Season 2 set, so on and so forth. Is that so f*cking hard?!
Geez. This post started off so calm, but the more this sets in, the more it pisses me off.
Oh, and in case you're wondering if I'm planning on buying this (if you need it spelled out for you), no f*cking way.
DAMMIT Aaronardo, that photoshopped complete series set is HEARTBREAKING.

Thank God for Youtube.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

It may have taken Lionsgate a million years to release the entire original cartoon on DVD, (they started in 2004 and didn't finish till 2012 for goodness sakes), but at least that series is complete and most of the episodes are in order except for a few.

The 4kids series can never get a decent release though.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It may have taken Lionsgate a million years to release the entire original cartoon on DVD, (they started in 2004 and didn't finish till 2012 for goodness sakes), but at least that series is complete and most of the episodes are in order except for a few.

The 4kids series can never get a decent release though.
Well, maybe in another decade we'll get a full series set for 4Kids... 'cause that's how long it took for the FW cartoon.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, maybe in another decade we'll get a full series set for 4Kids... 'cause that's how long it took for the FW cartoon.
Seriously, the first season of the original toon came out in 2004 which was when the first season of the 4kids series was still airing and just about wrapping up. It took all the way till 2012, the same year the Nick cartoon began, for the final season of the original toon to come out on DVD.

It took Lionsgate the lifespan of two TMNT reboots to complete the original toon on DVD. I remember sitting there for years wondering if they would cancel it in the middle.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #49
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Old 03-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #50
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
It's a good thing I bought all the DVDs as they came out minus "Back to the Sewer" but I feel for those that didn't.
I'm certainly saying the same to myself, that's for sure... I can't imagine how folks feel that don't already have the series. Even 4kids' crappiest releases are better than this seems to be. Glad as hell I've got the season sets & stuff rather than these BS 3 episode joints they kept doing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Funnily enough I had all the 4kids season sets too but then when I realized one DVD would sell for $60 on ebay that had a measly 5 episodes on it, I sold them all.

I have all the episodes saved on my computer when I want to rewatch them, but I would like to own them on physical DVDs again.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #52
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm certainly saying the same to myself, that's for sure... I can't imagine how folks feel that don't already have the series. Even 4kids' crappiest releases are better than this seems to be. Glad as hell I've got the season sets & stuff rather than these BS 3 episode joints they kept doing.
I just recently ripped my own DVDs so I could put them all on a flash drive in proper order. I'd like to get a better version of "Back to the Sewer" and "Mayhem from Mutant Island". It would also be nice to get all those Peach Nova animated shorts as well in high quality. Fat chance of any of that ever happening if they only put three episodes on a disk.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #53
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well it's something

at least we are getting something, but i'm honestly probably not going to buy them the only reason i'd buy is if it was a proper set. plus i don't like that cover art
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #54
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Damn it I was getting excited thinking Nick was finally releasing season sets Thank f*ck I got all the episodes on DVD before they went out of print.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
This is absolute crap. I'm dying for a 2k3 release and there's no way in hell I'm buying this. I can already see how this will play out - the crappy release won't sell well, they'll take it as a sign that nobody's interested in 2k3 anymore and they won't bother releasing the whole set.
Literally just said the same thing to my wife. It's like, nobody should buy this, because it's crap. The way Nickelodeon *usually* releases its shows, with a few exceptions, is generally crap. Because "it's for kids, and kids don't know/care, they'll watch 3 episodes forever and never get bored, and the parents don't care, they just wanna stick Junior in front on the TV so he'll be quiet, and the parents are the ones paying, so it makes more sense to release multiple 3-episode sets for $10-15 instead of season sets for $30 that they'll think is 'too much' to pay for a kids' show," and all that mess. Disney does the same stupid thing.

But yeah, this is crap, and nobody should buy it, BUT, if nobody does, Nick will inevitably claim "There's no interest", and they'll just sit on it forever. So, we're stuck. Either everyone buys two copies of this insulting trash, or we can forget ever seeing a "proper" release.

Every year, I find more and more reasons why Nick buying TMNT was an awful idea. It's getting really hard to justify at this point. It's great for Nick and lousy for everyone else.

-----------------------------------------

And I'll chime in on behalf of people with less-than-stellar internet connections who don't care about watching TV shows on YouTube. My connection cuts out randomly for indeterminate periods of time. I can't be bothered with that mess.

Really glad I used to haunt Best Buy every three days way back when. They'd only ever have like three copies of the latest TMNT and they'd disappear immediately. I used to get cash tips a lot, and would immediately blow them on DVDs and video games, so I'd always get lucky and get the TMNT ones before they vanished. Once they were gone, I rarely saw them on the shelves again. I was lucky, I only really missed the 2-part Season sets. I don't think anyone had any idea that we'd get so screwed over on future releases. Real shame.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #56
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
it makes more sense to release multiple 3-episode sets for $10-15 instead of season sets for $30 that they'll think is 'too much' to pay for a kids' show," and all that mess. Disney does the same stupid thing.

Not true, actually. Disney is usually pretty good about releasing full seasons of shows, though it may take a while *cough, Gargoyles, cough* Tail-Spin, Duck Tales, and Rescue Rangers have all had full-season releases, or at least half-season ones. They have plenty of episodes to justify a 10$ price tag, so I don't mind getting the ones that I like. Still waiting for the Goliath Chronicles to be released, but, it is what it is.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #57
pennydreadful
trash

Gargoyles is Disney's bastard stepchild - we'll be waiting years for The Goliath Chronicles; just look at how long it took to get Seasons 1 and 2! Forget actually having any decent merchandise... it's the best show Disney ever had and they act like it never existed. It's such a crock.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #58
sdp
Megan Fox = April

These DVDs are only to cash-in on the fans of the new show and will likely be 5 dollar or so budget releases, this isn't the early 00's where you could get away with a $25 DVD with 3 episodes. DVD is a dying format. I'm sure eventually we'll get some complete series release or some decent DVD releases.

Sadly even a complete series set wouldn't the things I'd want the most which are the "mini" flash episodes of the first few seasons and the "mini" story arc from BTTS, they weren't great but they had some funny moments and had the original voice actors and technically canon. I'd also like to see the original animated pieces made for the 2k3 videogames.

Quote:
I have all the episodes downloaded to my computer but I am part of the "old guard" that prefers watching stuff on TV with physical discs.

I dislike streaming media and I only watch things on the computer if I have to. Nothing beats sitting down in a chair and watching a blu-ray/DVD on your big-screen TV.

I hate the itunes generation that's phasing out physical media forcing us to watch shows on our tiny phones or ipads.
You can stream shows on your TV. I was a physical media only guy as a teenager when everyone preferred MP3s and had a big DVD collection but digital is just better in almost every way. It's just so convenient, you can find what you want in seconds and play it, you never lose anything, you can take it anywhere with you stream it in any device you want, you can have huge collections without taking up any space. On some things like movies maybe the quality isn't as good as a Blu-Ray but eventually this won't be a problem and it really isn't that big of a deal since me personally I can't tell the difference most of the times between anyway and I bet most non-videophiles can't either.

Physical media has what benefits over digital? You can sell it (ha! tell that to my DVD collection that no one would buy). It's something physical you can touh and display. Everything else is a worse experience compared to digital.

I do like having some of my favorite movies in physical format but just to display them. I have what, ten Blu-rays and that's it I don't want any more. These are movies I love and like having displayed and watch somewhat regularly. My DVD collection was full of movies and shows I'd only seen once, sure maybe one day I'd like to revisit them but I don't need that taking physical space if I won't be watching it regularly it might be years before I watch them. And TV shows while I may love them DVD sets just take too much space, I'd now rather have all of 2k3 digitally over a complete DVD release. I love the show but I don't plan on watching it again anytime soon to be taking up precious space.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #59
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

Unlike the whole lot of you, I'm buying them. These DVDs are definately made to test the waters more. I don't think they will cost more than $5-10 tops; the type of DVDs you'll find near the cash registers.

I'm willing to bet by next year, IF these sell well, we will find season releases.

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:11 AM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Buy one each on behalf of me and my wife. We're running out of Useless Crap Space, but still want Season sets one day. Good luck with the Crusade, Don Quixote!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 show, dvd releases, nick