The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 06:28 AM   #41
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

i with kavaxas and our demon army attacked and destroyed the world. The turtles couldnt find our demonic army! I WON! That what happend!!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #42
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The same thing happend in the 2003 series where i had conqured the world in the future and karai and april were old but karai was still my servant!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #43
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh great, not this guy again!

Why can't you just stay dead already?

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #44
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I can certainly see them showing or at least explaining the birth of Donnie's daughter. The only probability is that she is a test tube baby, a cloned hybrid of Donnie and April since logically they would be physically in compatible.

But we have never really seen the turtles have offspring. The only one who has really been a daddy was Mikey and all we are told is the eggs are supposedly his.

And children for first time parents can be a scary concept. I could certainly see a flashback where Donnie is pacing back and forth in worry because he doesn't know what the child will be like or if he has what it takes to even be a father. I don't think the writers would be so cold as to say April died in child birth, but that is also a probability.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #45
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I would say test tube baby or maybe they did some sort of IVF. Either way, this is still pretty cool if this is Donnie's kid.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #46
JH24
Hench Mutant

Each time I'm looking at that picture I can't help but think the little turtle/mutant has April's eyes.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I can certainly see them showing or at least explaining the birth of Donnie's daughter. The only probability is that she is a test tube baby, a cloned hybrid of Donnie and April since logically they would be physically in compatible.

But we have never really seen the turtles have offspring. The only one who has really been a daddy was Mikey and all we are told is the eggs are supposedly his.

And children for first time parents can be a scary concept. I could certainly see a flashback where Donnie is pacing back and forth in worry because he doesn't know what the child will be like or if he has what it takes to even be a father. I don't think the writers would be so cold as to say April died in child birth, but that is also a probability.
You know, I was just thinking recently that instead of being a mutated April or an inexplicable Donnie-April offspring, that it could be some kind of clone or Donatello's idealized version of an April 2.0 (part turtle, heh). It would better explain why Donatello was keeping April's original star patch on himself as a memento.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #48
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
You know, I was just thinking recently that instead of being a mutated April or an inexplicable Donnie-April offspring, that it could be some kind of clone or Donatello's idealized version of an April 2.0 (part turtle, heh). It would better explain why Donatello was keeping April's original star patch on himself as a memento.
hmmm I don't think Donnie would change her, at least not intentionally.

..... maybe Leo or Mikey got hit with Mutagen after being in contact with a little girl and it's one of them.... just kidding, that would suck.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #49
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It's an original theory, but I can't see Donnie do that either. He's already in love with her as she is as a human. And making a clone of April like this would be disrespecting her memory.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
It's an original theory, but I can't see Donnie do that either. He's already in love with her as she is as a human. And making a clone of April like this would be disrespecting her memory.
Maybe the clone was made by someone else and Donatello feels connected enough to her to protect her?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #51
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Maybe the clone was made by someone else and Donatello feels connected enough to her to protect her?
So maybe Verminator Rex creates her using DNA from both April and Donnie.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #52
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

She may not necessarily be a daughter - she could well be a mutant they've adopted, or just come across and are protecting.

I admit that given the manner Donbot was protecting her and the way Kevin Eastman answered the question in the interview (see vid earlier) I am very strongly inclined to think that is his daughter, but I dont want to jump to conclusions with such little evidence to go on.

A clone is another possibility, but I think its just simpler and more impactful for it to be their daughter. Anything else requires too much explanation. Yeah, a daughter would beg questions of 'how?! Genetically how???!' but the easy answer for the writers would be to just not answer it and leave the fans to figure it out.

To quote the great Jeff Goldblum - 'life finds a way'

Anyway - do we have any information on Verminator? Aside from his probable inclusion in this arc, do we know anything else about him?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #53
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
She may not necessarily be a daughter - she could well be a mutant they've adopted, or just come across and are protecting.

I admit that given the manner Donbot was protecting her and the way Kevin Eastman answered the question in the interview (see vid earlier) I am very strongly inclined to think that is his daughter, but I dont want to jump to conclusions with such little evidence to go on.

A clone is another possibility, but I think its just simpler and more impactful for it to be their daughter. Anything else requires too much explanation. Yeah, a daughter would beg questions of 'how?! Genetically how???!' but the easy answer for the writers would be to just not answer it and leave the fans to figure it out.

To quote the great Jeff Goldblum - 'life finds a way'

Anyway - do we have any information on Verminator? Aside from his probable inclusion in this arc, do we know anything else about him?
He is voiced by Nyanbe Nyanbe
Old 09-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #54
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Can't find him on IMDB. Does anyone know anything else he's done? Just wondering how well my 'Evil Mikey behind the mask' theory will hold up

Old 09-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #55
Powder
So tired of this place

That's 'cause she's got his name wrong. It's Nyambi, not Nyanbe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2148665/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #56
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

I thought that was the case. I was typing it using my iPhone design a break at my convention job and was unable to look it up. Though my phones spell check does have some blame.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #57
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

Ah, Nyambi Nyambi. The guy from Mike & Molly.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #58
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Hmmmmm unsure (about my theory holding up).

Well I guess we'll have to wait to find out! I'm sure he'll do a good job with Verminator regardless I take it there isn't any concept art for him yet?

Overthinking hat on again -

Something that still doesn't add up for me is the timeline.

If we are jumping to the right conclusion that Mystery Mutant is indeed April/Dons kid... then that poses several problems in regards to timelines. Namely - if its accurate to say that the arc occurs 50yrs in the future, then April would have been really quite old to be having a child that is seemingly only in its teenage years.

If we presume that Mystery mutant is roughly 15 - 18 years old, then it would have been 35-32 years after the crossover story that April gave birth. Assuming April is still 16 during the crossover arc (which is itself being kinda generous - she ought to be 17-18 by now), then she would have been between 48-51 years old at least at the time.

Admittedly there is the mutant factor involved, but April is mostly human, so assuming she's fertile at all, then she'd be well past most womens ability to bear children reliably/safely. Not to mention that it would mean that she and Don were a couple for DECADES before having a child.

The numbers just dont add up to allow Mystery mutant to be their child, Unless, it is genetic engineering (again - a bit late in the day to be considering starting having children?)

The only exception to this I can think of (aside from the writing team just shrugging and doing it anyway), would be that Mystery mutant is their child, but she was born much earlier than the apocalypse arc storyline - only to be then placed into stasis. After all, the Kraang stasis pod from Buried secrets is still around and known to both Don and April - and using it would even set up opportunity for a potential Superman reference.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #59
NikitaZhukov
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
that poses several problems in regards to timelines.
I don't think creators of the show care.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #60
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I would think maybe it's a test tube baby then if that's the case or that they did put the child in stasis to protect it because of the dangers out there.

Tags
finale not final, pappenbrooksonicfetish