The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-24-2022, 12:35 AM   #1
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

AEW Fight Forever

Anyone think this game will miss its rumored February 2023 release date? Company hasn't gone public on any release date outside of 2023 and "coming soon", but lots of insiders seem to think February is the date.

That would give it a month potentially before WWE 2K23 lol.

Truthfully, I haven't been watching either products that much but I'm super invested into reliving my old WCW/nWo Revenge & WWF No Mercy memories with the AKI engine in Fight Forever. I adored those N64 games, and they were some of my best gaming memories of all time.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:00 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'll be getting it regardless. I didn't hear of a release date though.

I notice sites like Gamestop still haven't updated the cover to remove CM Punk off it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'll be getting it regardless. I didn't hear of a release date though.

I notice sites like Gamestop still haven't updated the cover to remove CM Punk off it.
Because they never took Punk out of the game yet. It was supposed to come out this year but was never guaranteed.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:01 PM   #4
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

AEW Fight Forever Will Be Part Off IGN Fan Fest 2023.

lol - I doubt the game is coming out next month now. Fan Fest last year was in the middle of February so hopefully when they show something, we get a darn release date to follow.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:49 PM   #5
Dpooly84
Banned

Small update, the game is ready to go tiger just trying to get the rating lowered, gleefully that doesn't mean they cut back on the blood
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Anyone pick this up?

I have been enjoying my time with the game, but there was a momentum to those N64 games that gradually built up as opposed to Fight Forever where if you keep doing big moves ... you can end the match fairly fast. Same with Smackdown, but my time with those games kind of ended around Shut Your Mouth. I played Here Comes the Pain, but nowhere near as much as SYM and Just Bring It. Truthfully my only time with the GameCube games was WrestleMania 19 and I hardly played Def Jam Vendetta.

Fight Forever feels like it wants to play like No Mercy, but it can't really commit. I can't really explain it. Whether it's my brain still getting used to the fact that punch and kick are their own separate sets of moves, the difficulty in trying to block my opponent's moves, running feeling delayed/sluggish/not very easy to navigate, and the lack of a true kick out mechanic ... something has felt off for me with this one.

I like the game, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't somewhat disappointed. I'm thankful I had a $40 credit at Best Buy so I only spent about $20 or so on the physical version, but when you get a new game ... you shouldn't be thinking "Hrmm. I could be playing Zelda right now."

Oh well.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:21 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Will probably grab it next pay day.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote