The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-28-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"X-Files" Reboot From Ryan Coogler

Quote:
It’s now been five years since “The X-Files” wrapped up its unexpected tenth and eleventh seasons, but where does the franchise go from here? Last we heard back in 2020, the franchise’s next evolution will come courtesy of “The X-Files: Albuquerque,” an animated spinoff comedy series that “The X-Files” creator Chris Carter was attached to produce for Fox.

TV Line had explained in 2020, “The potential series will center an office full of misfit agents who investigate X-Files cases too wacky, ridiculous or downright dopey for Mulder and Scully to bother with. They’re essentially the X-Files’ B-team.”

The project had been given a script commitment, with Rocky Russo and Jeremy Sosenko (“Paradise PD”) attached to write the pilot episode and executive produce.

Now in a new chat with On the Coast With Gloria Macarenko, Carter teases what sounds like an entirely different upcoming project… from Ryan Coogler (Creed, Black Panther)?!

Carter teases during the conversation that was just uploaded this week, “I just spoke to a young man… Ryan Coogler… who is going to remount The X-Files with a diverse cast. So he’s got his work cut out for him, because we covered so much territory.”
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/375...on-the-series/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:14 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

“With a diverse cast”
If something exists already, there must be a rebooted version, probably less interesting, that checks all the corporate boxes for contemporary media.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Sumac
Banned

Thee are like only 3 main characters. Where and why they need ****ing diversity...?
Ah, modern cinemamakers.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

A man and a woman was all the diverse cast the original needed. F*ck this woke bullsh*t.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:32 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hey, if they want to bring back Xzibit as the FBI agent he played in the "I Want to Believe" movie, I'm fine with that. Ticking a bunch of boxes just to tick a bunch of boxes, not so much.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:41 PM   #6
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Thee are like only 3 main characters. Where and why they need ****ing diversity...?
Ah, modern cinemamakers.
Dana Scully is a red head, so knowing Hollywood, she is going to be a Black woman, and probably a lesbian.

Sad they can't make up their own stuff. Want a series with diversity, why not make the movie "Attack the Block" into a TV show and give John Boyega a leading role?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:21 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Dana Scully is a red head, so knowing Hollywood, she is going to be a Black woman, and probably a lesbian.
Ha, that didn’t even occur to me! I expect they might also gender swap the two leads as regards their personalities, just because…

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:14 PM   #8
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Ah, modern cinemamakers.
See the Quantum Leap reboot, for the same reasons. The Lone Gunmen will be the lone Gun people (or do they keep them a bunch of cellar dwelling white boys?). Cigarette Smoking Man will become, Vape Puffing Non-binary.

They just need a black and white agent, Make the assistant director figure Asian. I feel they could just do it, with the virtue signalling and people would properly watch it and not notice.

Just don't let the mythology and story arc disappear up its own ass again. Honestly glad, that Carter isn't attached.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote