The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #61
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Race with the Demon
Journey to the Center of Mikey's Mind
Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Bigfoot episode should be on the bottom of everyones list. Every other ep at least has some redeeming moments, this ep was just awful.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #63
Powder
Endless Screw

It's actually one of my favorites. So there.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

About the only scene I liked in that ep was when Bigfoot opens the refigerator door and sees Ice Cream Kitty and they scream at each other for like 30 seconds straight, lol.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #65
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Bigfoot episode should be on the bottom of everyones list. Every other ep at least has some redeeming moments, this ep was just awful.
I agree, that episode was so bad zI forgot about it.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Some eps I thought I disliked the first time around like, "Journey to the Center of Mikey's mind" I actually liked and found funny the second time around.

Sometimes eps need to be rewatched, as sometimes you'll have a change of opinion. I'm at the end of Season 4 in my rewatch now and the show is so much better when you watch it regularly with no breaks and see how every ep flows into the next.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #67
newfan
Stone Warrior

The show has been played a lot in my home over the past year and a half (some eps more than others) so most of it is still fresh to me.
I've seen Mikey Pizza Face twice, (if that's the title) but I can't imagine watching it a 3rd time will make me like it more
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #68
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
the show is so much better when you watch it regularly with no breaks and see how every ep flows into the next.
This is one of the chronic issues with the series. I have a terrible memory and the narrative is lost on me because I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone in a 20 minute TV show from 6 months ago. I'll definitely be rewatching when I get chance.
Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, over the last month I've practically rewatched the entire series in order, and am at the last eps of Season 4. I'm not rushing through it either, I only watch 3-4 eps a day and even just doing that I got through almost the whole series already.

Even rewatched the Half-shell heroes 1 hour special, which I consider canon because its written by Brandon Auman and all the voices/characters are the same. It's the only time the Nick Turtles meet dinosaurs in the show back in time.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #70
drag0nfeathers
Hench Mutant

I actually didn't mind the Bigfoot episode, A Foot Too Big. It's certainly not one of my favorites, but I thought Race with a Demon was WAAAY worse.

Somebody mentioned Rise of the Turtles as one of the worst episodes which I thought was bizarre. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think I've watched that one more than any of them, but it's the 1st episode... How can you hate the 1st episode? (unless you just hated the series I guess)

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 10-24-2017 at 07:09 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

IMO the worst ep of each season:

Season 1: Cockroach Terminator. Its one of the earliest "monster of the week" type episodes and it was just bland. Raph's fear of bugs was also done better in later eps.

Season 2: Pizzaface. I didn't hate this episode like others did, but yeah.

Season 3: As I said, the Bigfoot episode. I can see why others dislike the car episode too.

Season 4: The evil of Dregg. The concept of going to Dregg's home planet was good, but this episode was filled with bizarre writing decisions. Dregg having a robot head (WTF?), Raph giving up the will to fight because of Mona Lisa, Casey saying, "Everything is so metal," Don's infected face, lol. Thank god Dregg got a better sendoff in Season 5.

Season 5: I liked all the episodes in the final season, but if I had to choose I guess the second ep of the monster arc with the werewolfs, or to a lesser extent the second Usagi ep which pains me because I love Usagi.

Other than these eps I was pretty happy with the rest of the show. Of course some episodes were a lot better than others, but I didn't really dislike that many other eps.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 10-24-2017 at 07:40 PM.