The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #61
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 168
Honestly I don't understand this at all! Why are you(sdp) treating the 2007 movie as being canon to the Nick series?? I mean, I can understand perfectly that you don't want the finale that we got to BE the finale(or the 3 part crossover for that matter). Most people would just say the season 4 finale was it, or the first arc of season 5. The 2007 Turtles being the same as Nick makes absolutely NO sense to me. I always just figured the 2007 movie was part of the original movie series continuity(or it's own thing entirely). The only one of the Turtles that is really all that similar with those 2 incarnations(Nick and 2007) is Raph. The other 3 are completely different. As is Splinter, April, Casey, and Karai.

Without taking into account that Splinter is dead(and wouldn't be brought back again), you'd have to go back at least a little bit in season 4 to be the actual finale and have the Shredder already being dead himself. Then you'd have to have the movie placed...at most 2 or 3 years after that point in season 4. Raph is the only character I can see that COULD be the same. All the others...no.

Last edited by biganimefan; 11-09-2017 at 06:59 AM.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #62
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Honestly I don't understand this at all! Why is the 2007 movie being treated like canon to the Nick series by both of you(Cubed and sdp)??
What? Cubed was pointing out aspects of how this show wasn't connected to TMNT.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #63
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
What? Cubed was pointing out aspects of how this show wasn't connected to TMNT.
Ah, sorry, I recently woke up. I went back and read his posts more closely and I see you're right about that. Changed my original post.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #64
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Ah, sorry, I recently woke up. I went back and read his posts more closely and I see you're right about that. Changed my original post.
No worries man.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,168
April and Casey also look like older versions of their Nick selves in the movie, April has the same orange hair color.

The 4th movie was intended to be in continuity with the original movie trilogy though. But it was the first CG TMNT we ever had before the Nick show, so i can see the comparisons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #66
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,655
TMNT 2007 was meant to be its own thing with its own continuity, when the director posted in the drome he always mentioned how it could be seen as a sequel to the first movie and in another post he mentioned it could be seen as a sequel to the first and maybe the second. Of course in the end we saw that little easter egg scene that has the time scepter but besides that there's nothing that connects it to the movies. It feels nothing like the live action movies, people only want it to be in continuity because it's the fourth TMNT film and not a straight up reboot. Had the movie been successful we would've seen it differ eventually from the first 3 films.

Now the movie failed and it's not its own thing by itself only having the prequel comics/young adult books to give the story a bit more backstory. The movie is about the turtles when they're grown up basically and the troubles of things changing, it's the perfect send off for any TMNT show, this is nothing against the Apocalypse ending, which I also liked but this is more of a it's a movie that deserves something more, it's basically my fanon but whatever I see more connections with the Nick show than it has with the live action movies.

I disagree, all 4 turtles, splinter, casey, april are all versions of what the characters from Nick could grow up to be. Karai is the only one that is a bit of a problem.

Anyway, I just watched the movie and besides the inconsistencies I had already mentioned I found a few more:
The turtles act like it's the first time they meet Karai, this can be explained since at first she's wearing a mask. Her being neutral to the turtles kind of helps but there's still some antagonism.

Also another problem is Casey and another turtle act shocked about the foot existing but it clearly existed with Karai before, Leo even mentions "The Shredder is dead" questioning the existence of the foot. I guess we can argue that the foot in general disbanded and Karai left it for a while.

I think it still works as an epilogue for the Nick show. There aren't enough inconsistencies for me to discard it and I'd rather it fits better than the live action films.


Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Honestly I don't understand this at all! Why are you(sdp) atreating the 2007 movie as being canon to the Nick series??
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #67
Dust
Foot Soldier
 
Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rainy England
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
TMNT 2007 was meant to be its own thing with its own continuity, when the director posted in the drome he always mentioned how it could be seen as a sequel to the first movie and in another post he mentioned it could be seen as a sequel to the first and maybe the second. Of course in the end we saw that little easter egg scene that has the time scepter but besides that there's nothing that connects it to the movies. It feels nothing like the live action movies, people only want it to be in continuity because it's the fourth TMNT film and not a straight up reboot. Had the movie been successful we would've seen it differ eventually from the first 3 films.

Now the movie failed and it's not its own thing by itself only having the prequel comics/young adult books to give the story a bit more backstory. The movie is about the turtles when they're grown up basically and the troubles of things changing, it's the perfect send off for any TMNT show, this is nothing against the Apocalypse ending, which I also liked but this is more of a it's a movie that deserves something more, it's basically my fanon but whatever I see more connections with the Nick show than it has with the live action movies.

I disagree, all 4 turtles, splinter, casey, april are all versions of what the characters from Nick could grow up to be. Karai is the only one that is a bit of a problem.

Anyway, I just watched the movie and besides the inconsistencies I had already mentioned I found a few more:
The turtles act like it's the first time they meet Karai, this can be explained since at first she's wearing a mask. Her being neutral to the turtles kind of helps but there's still some antagonism.

Also another problem is Casey and another turtle act shocked about the foot existing but it clearly existed with Karai before, Leo even mentions "The Shredder is dead" questioning the existence of the foot. I guess we can argue that the foot in general disbanded and Karai left it for a while.

I think it still works as an epilogue for the Nick show. There aren't enough inconsistencies for me to discard it and I'd rather it fits better than the live action films.
It doesn't work at all really, they're two vastly different personalities.
Also, how can Nick Splinter turn into 2007 Splinter when the former is brown, black, white and tall, not to mention he's dead, whereas 2007 Splinter is short and orange?
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #68
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
It doesn't work at all really, they're two vastly different personalities.
Also, how can Nick Splinter turn into 2007 Splinter when the former is brown, black, white and tall, not to mention he's dead, whereas 2007 Splinter is short and orange?

Whose are two different personalities?

Both the movie and the show use pretty basic traits of the personalities which work out. April/Casey work out as well, especially since we know this April has trained with Splinter.

I'll give you Splinter is the most different but still he's still the "father" of the group and him being older would help explain why he's a bit different, he still scolds them like in Nick, his height could be because of his age. The color difference is just a design choice, the OT turtles and 2k3 turtles also chaned radically in their last seasons.


Obviously they're not meant to be together, the 2007 film was made 5 years before the Nick show came out, it's my headcanon and I feel it fits much better than shoehorning it into the movie continuity which most of the fandom does even though it makes absolutely no sense for most of those characters.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #69
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 168
Hmm...honestly can't argue with someone's headcanon nor do I want to. I do that myself plenty of times with TMNT and other franchises. I still don't understand how most of the characters can be the same as the Nick versions even with time to grow. But that's me. I always have had my headcanon place the 2007 movie with the first 3(instead of it being its own thing). Even that has problems though.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #70
DWC
Random Punk
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They add more people to the streets around the later half of Season 1.

I've been doing my rewatch since the last week of September and I'm now in mid-Season 4. I've watched 3-4 episodes a day. That's how you marathon shows. I can't believe I've already nearly rewatched the entire series in just a little over a month.
I can beat that. I've watched almost two seasons since Saturday night, so four days and a bit.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.