The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #8701
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Though I'm not quite sure about what.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #8702
Vegita-San
Emperor

people excited to have football back...tune in...aaaannnnnd..... a few minutes of democratic sponsored black livers matter stuff...

are they playing the game yet? people are tired of political stuff everywhere...

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #8703
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Damn it.

Found a $25 coupon in my messages from eBay, a reward for "being there since the beginning" (well, close, my account turned 21 years old last month -- wow, and now I feel old) with only a $25.01 purchase minimum... and it expired two days ago.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #8704
Leo656
The Franchise

This is a relatively minor annoyance, but anyways.

Filling in the gaps in my vintage "Masters of the Universe" collection. I had a GREAT head start on these as a kid, thanks to my Dad; he tried to get me as many figures as he could all the way back to the beginning, so I already had most of the line, along with a bunch of vehicles. Some of the vehicles and such are a little chipped up, but replacements are relatively cheap for most of them. Like $20-50 for most of the vehicles loose and complete, about $100-150 for most of the playsets (except the high-end stuff like Grayskull and Snake Mountain which go closer to $300). Altogether not too bad at all.

What irritates me is, now that I have most of the "missing" figures I wanted/needed, I'm pretty much down to replacing broken figures and trying to get weapons and accessories for some of the ones I already have. I have quite a few guys who are in really great shape... EXCEPT they're missing a sword, or a gun, or a piece of armor, any other thing. It happened a lot with that line, sadly.

It's not that replacement parts are hard to find; they're not. Thing is, in most cases a single replacement part usually costs MORE than just buying an entire loose/complete figure with full accessories. Like, what sense does that even make? For example, my Fisto is in great shape, I mean GREAT shape, his spring-loaded arm is super-tight and everything. I've had him forever and he's one of the guys who's held up the best... EXCEPT that his sword and armor went missing about 35 years ago, somehow. So I figure, "No big deal, I'll just get those parts on eBay"... except I get there and find out "Nah, the armor and sword costs about $50." Meanwhile, a loose Fisto with all his accessories is only $25! My King Hiss is missing the cover for his right arm, and apparently EVERY kid lost his right arm piece, so it's again cheaper to just buy an entire figure than just the single part I need. And on and on.

Obviously I'm gonna go with the cheaper option but now I'm gonna have a bunch of duplicate figures just sitting around with missing parts. I guess I can sell off the extras but I'unno, I kind don't wanna do that. I just can't wrap my head around WHY some loose accessories costs more than the entire figure WITH the same exact accessories. Just doesn't seem to make sense.

Again, this is nothing but a minor annoyance but I felt like venting about it since that's the point I'm at with collecting vintage MOTU.

EDIT: Aaaaaand of course my Zodac figure came with a broken armor clasp. Thankfully, he's one of the guys whose loose parts are cheap. Just wish the seller had showed that in the photo. Ah well. New armor on the way!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 09-17-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #8705
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have the TMNT "The Works" volumes become more collectable as of late...?

I still need volume 5. Not up to that point yet, but recently figured I'd start keeping an eye out for a good deal. Any time I was looking for decent prices on eBay on the other ones, volume 5 was always the most affordable book -- and 4 was always the most pricey one that took me a while to find a better deal -- so I figured it wouldn't be an issue by the time I wanted to grab it... Yet now, it's always either not out there or just one or two copies that are rather pricey. Figures.

I'm sure it'll turn up... but I find it weird it went from the cheapest and readily available to hard to find and expensive.

Even the amount of the other volumes on eBay is less though. Is The Last Ronin putting people in a collecting mood or something.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #8706
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Jury duty summons. Postponed it to June when I am out of class.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #8707
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heard a loud/deep horn a few different times late last night from somewhere nearby. Thought it sounded like big truck, maybe or a firetruck or ambulance, though never heard any sirens.

Turns out some nutjob poured a ring of gasoline around a house then lit it. People behind us, who live next to the intended victims, were woken up by their own dog going nuts and saw the guy run off, leaving the gas can behind, then called for help and awoke their neighbors.

An older couple and their grand kids. The father of those kids was the culprit. What is wrong with people?

Never smelled anything, so hopefully it was extinguished before it could harm anything, and a light rain hopefully helped that. Glad no one was hurt. Also glad the rather prominent, big old tree behind their house didn't go up in flame either.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #8708
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

These really obsessed Rise Fans who swarm every post on the TMNT twitter page. IE for example today is nick turtles 8th anniversary. The Rise fans swarmed that post whining that the twitter account didn't do anything for Rise's second anniversary playing favorites that they post more about 2012 than Rise. Also the usual save Rise stuff too

Its the TMNT version of the release the snyder cut people but jacked up to 11 Its really annoying.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 09-29-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #8709
Leo656
The Franchise

Problem with that analogy being that Zack Snyder makes good movies, and Rise was just vomit in a TMNT-branded doggie bag that only the most shell-shocked apologist would try and defend.

Snyder Cut will be worth watching, thus it was worth asking for. Rise is only worth watching if you think pineapple goes on pizza. And those are people nobody should ever listen to.

I'unno if I hate Rise as much as I hate "Smallville", but I know I'd rather shoot myself than willingly watch either.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #8710
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Smallville is shockingly terrible.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #8711
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Donald Trump on Presidential debate lol shut up.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #8712
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Donald Trump on Presidential debate lol shut up.
I know right not to mention on Live TV he said “Proud Boys - stand back and stand by.” Proud Boys aka White Supremacists. Chris Wallace was a **** moderator. He just let Trump keep interrupting Biden. How anyone can want 4 more years of this asshole is beyond me.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 09-29-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #8713
Leo656
The Franchise

My father-in-law got drunk and watched that sh*t. I was trying to cook dinner and for a half hour he just kept shouting at the top of his lungs how he wanted to shoot Trump in the head. I went outside and into the street and you could STILL hear him screaming. He can't possibly have heard a word that was on TV because he literally never stopped screaming. His wife kept telling him to knock it off and he just kept screaming "I WANNA KILL DUMP!" and calling her a dumb bitch. And then halfway through he rewound it so he could watch it all over again! Holy SH*T!

Selfishly, I absolutely want Trump to win because it'll finally give this guy a stroke and we'll be rid of him. I think his wife might've smacked him at some point because he just refused to stop. Like Jesus Christ, watch cartoons or something. What a loser.

Like it was way worse than I'm letting on, we had to threaten to call the cops at one point.

EDIT: I was upstairs for this, but my wife told me that at one point, her Dad kept going back and forth between screaming that Trump was a racist, and then calling some guy on TV the N-word. Where do these people come from?!

In this guy's "defense", he's pretty much only a Democrat because he wants the free sh*t. Total redneck otherwise. He's every bit the deranged lunatic the other side's supporters are supposed to be. But he swears he hates Republicans and wants them all dead. So he votes democrat while screaming racist sh*t at the top of his lungs at the TV. Gotta love it.

But no really I seriously hope he has a stroke, we're all pretty sick and tired of this.

Last edited by Leo656; 09-29-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #8714
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Remote learning f(u)cking SUCKS! Good Lord when you are doing online learning you are basically teaching your self. If you are good at that sort of thing, then more power to you, I'm not one of them, throw in a massive work load and deadlines hanging over your head TRIPLES that. I need face to face interaction especially when it comes to learning zoom or prerecorded lectures I have been doing alright with, but the classes that don't have this have been tough for me.

I have never done well with online courses at the university I go to and have tried my best to avoid them in past when I can (my area is known for harsh winters so spring semester has predominately online courses) but you know since no one can be near each other EVERYTHING is online now. Having a learning disability suck ass and I don't wish that kind of struggle on any one. I really do not like to use that as a crutch or an excuse in fact I try to keep that about myself as private as possible (except for the few school people who need to know). But this sucks, I can't believe how I am struggling right now. I just want to get through this semester without crashing and burning. I have already F(U)CKed up a few assignments already and it looks like I am about to screw up another. And one of my professor's hasn't gotten back to me on a question to clarify something and another just told me to reread the assignment because it is pretty straight forward. F(U)CK YOU!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 09-30-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #8715
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My father-in-law got drunk and watched that sh*t. I was trying to cook dinner and for a half hour he just kept shouting at the top of his lungs how he wanted to shoot Trump in the head. I went outside and into the street and you could STILL hear him screaming. He can't possibly have heard a word that was on TV because he literally never stopped screaming. His wife kept telling him to knock it off and he just kept screaming "I WANNA KILL DUMP!" and calling her a dumb bitch. And then halfway through he rewound it so he could watch it all over again! Holy SH*T!
Now I want to see your father-in-law and Trump in a debate with each other. They can both happily scream like obnoxious lunatics. Maybe enough to kill their vocal cords; two birds, one stone.

edit: I did watch the debate. Laughed my ass of half the time. Wish Biden could have had a stronger showing, but I guess when you have someone acting like an unhinged maniac yelling the whole time it's a bit hard to be heard. But maybe that was Trump's point, to drown out anything else with his own terrible voice.

Probably my favorite part though was the first initial reactions and looks on the faces of the news anchors after it was over, looking at the camera and reacting like "Wtf was that."

As my mom suggested this morning... they should have just turned off Trump's mic when need be. But I guess it's better to see his glorious ridiculous behavior.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-30-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #8716
Leo656
The Franchise

He's fine today. Side effect of the alcoholic dementia. He goes on literal rampages and the next day his mind's a blank.

They told him the only way to slow down the effects was to stop drinking. He says he's too old to stop drinking. So there ya go. All Life Is About Choice.

I discovered that it was in fact Kamala Harris that he was yelling the N-word at, in between death threats against Trump. He doesn't even know whose side he's on! It's the best.

He WAS good all day but it's after 6 so he broke out the cheap beer and put MSNBC back on. "Two And A Half Men" and "Big Bang Theory" all day long, MSNBC all night. Is it any wonder this guy's a moron? "Garbage In, Garbage Out."

Anybody who pays attention to that political sh*t deserves the heartburn. My wife and I watched the Elvis Autopsy gimmick, then put on a DVD of the '68 Comeback Special and had a great time. Figured I had better ways to spend my evening than watching a carny argue with a pedo.

As usual, I was right.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #8717
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Poked an orb weaver in the butt (gently) for failing to clean up all of her web and leaving some at head height between the yard light and the pickup truck, leaving me pulling spider threads out of my hair. She better catch a lanternfly to make up for it.

Maybe she got the hint. Some messy leftover web was also attached to a tall potted plant right there, which was cleaned up by the time we got back.

Speaking of bugs... let the marmorated stick bug home invasion begin... Already have one in here.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #8718
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Poked an orb weaver in the butt (gently) for failing to clean up all of her web and leaving some at head height between the yard light and the pickup truck, leaving me pulling spider threads out of my hair. She better catch a lanternfly to make up for it.

Maybe she got the hint. Some messy leftover web was also attached to a tall potted plant right there, which was cleaned up by the time we got back.

Speaking of bugs... let the marmorated stick bug home invasion begin... Already have one in here.
You're going to have to explain this to me. Did you intentionally poke the spider? Or was it by accident? How did events play out that you got webs in your hair?
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #8719
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was trying to go out to the car. Family member was blocking the way I'd normally go and the way past the presently dead truck (the one that was stolen) is narrow. Apparently this spider chose a spot to build between said truck and a yard light post. The light is a bit taller than me... The remaining unseen top portion of what would be a web from overnight...not so much.

Uh, yes, I was a "mean" human and (just barely) poked the spider, who was on the lamp post. Booped her right in the back side on purpose. No, she didn't appreciate it, but then that made two of us. lol I know, I'm a terrible person. Probably the first time I ever dared to touch one.

Don't get me wrong, I like these chunky brown orb weavers and all, prob another fave along with the little jumping spiders, and normally they sufficiently clean up the large (sometimes ginormous) webs by morning (very handy for when they want to build a huge one over the walkway in front of our door...), but some of ours have been a little messy this year, not removing the whole thing, and this human is over it with running into unseen remaining portions of web by the house and those that were strung between my car and a tree. (They loooove anchoring it to my car.)

Even still I'll be sad when they're gone after it gets too cold.

edit: Smart spider built the new one outside of human foot traffic.

I really hate when you can't find one simple thing and waste time checking three stores with no luck. Looking for the darn suction cups with the hook for some Halloween window lights, and god forbid there be any stocked by said lights in stores. Went to Home Depot intending on checking their Christmas section for it, since I'd heard it was already up...but of course the whole time I was there they had it gated off. >.>

10/3 - Ended up at Home Depot again so checked while I was there. What madness is it that they don't have them and the only suction cup hangers are big ones for wreaths!

Bonus grind, Walmart being so bad about pricing things correctly, or at all.

10/5 -- When Monday decides to be Monday. When you go in needing and expecting to get up your early holiday preview up, but the store has blocked one of your boxes with the stupid pallets of water -- AGAIN. (Supervisor just recently talked to them about this and they had agreed to leave enough space for me to reach my stuff! Yeah that lasted long. Grr.)

Then while I'm trying to figure out if I can get out what limited amount I had accessible (not really since I need the other box), I look up when I hear a bunch of voices. At first I thought it was store people. Then I realized it was RGIS (the inventory company I'm sure some others are prob familiar with). I knew my dept had inventory coming up, but I'd had the wrong date written down -- so, surprise, guess we're doing that today too.

Really I wasn't required to be present, but considering there were shipments in the back that had need to be brought out anyhow, plus they had questions and I had to fix part of a fixture one of them knocked loose, and even gave out a band aid... I guess it was best that I was there after all. >.<

Then hit my Dollar Tree, expecting it to hopefully be easier having found just one smaller box of "everyday" stuff (rare, usually they are big boxes) and a little box for my Halloween outpost A-frame... but then the A-frame cards they sent are ONLY the smaller 2/$1, they sent me zero of the larger $1 cards that need to be on the other side of it...and the amount of cards to pull from in the regular display are already skimpy as it is and still need to leave that looking full too. Cute.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-05-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #8720
Leo656
The Franchise

I really hate having to shear off all my upper body hair and slather myself with self-tanner the day before a show.

I also really hate having no idea what I'm doing, who I'm working with, or how many matches I'm having, after an 8-month break.

Sigh. "Wrestler problems".