The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

RIP Chadwick Boseman dead at 43

Old 08-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

OMG I can't believe it.....
I saw reports some time back where he was very skinny and not looking good, but I chaulked it up to a role or the rumor mill.

That is so terrible - the guy was an amazing T'Challa. Amazing. He played that part with charm and presence while maintaining a regal way about himself.

Seriously, what a terrible loss.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

agreed he was fantastic as T Challa
Old 08-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Oh... Wow! This is shocking to say the least. Can't say I liked Black Panther but the actor was still great and it's certainly a loss. Sucks that he wasn't in more movies.

I don't know if it's bad taste to ask this so soon but what are they going to do with Black Panther II? That's mainly why it's so shocking, aside from his relative youth and me simply not being aware of his disease, the fact that he was expected to star in a sequel to one of the most financially successful movies of all time. Is it too disrespectful to do the movie without him, regardless of wheter the choose to recast or replace the character?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #5
Turo602
The King of Kings

I honestly can't believe this. I had no idea he was fighting cancer. He had such a long career ahead of himself. This sucks.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:00 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

I don't know if it's bad taste to ask this so soon but what are they going to do with Black Panther II? Is it too disrespectful to do the movie without him, regardless of wheter the choose to recast or replace the character?
in the comics Shuri would take the mantle as Black Panther if something happened to T Challa so they could do that.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
in the comics Shuri would take the mantle as Black Panther if something happened to T Challa so they could do that.
It feels kind of wrong for me to focus on this instead of the actual tragedy that an actor who got such a big breakthrough in his career just two years ago dying so soon after, but it's just where my mind goes and it's a movie that is going to be made without him. And... It's just that... How will that move be received by the public, you know?

If they recast, it might cause backlash and be seen as disrespectful as might replacing his character with Shuri. It kind of comes across as a bit of a no win scenario. How do you make the movie without coming across as disrespectful?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

A couple of links, in case anyone is as skeptical as I was.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/enter...ies/index.html

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/c...er-1234753232/

Wow. I'm shocked and saddened. I think I'll watch Black Panther again this weekend as a small way to acknowledge his passing.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:02 PM   #9
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Truly shocking and devastating! He was a very gifted actor. R.I.P
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:45 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Too sad. Since that film came out in only early 2018... if the cancer was found four years ago, was he already diagnosed with it when they were filming or soon after?

Didn't realize the guy was only a couple years older than I am... Kind of makes you think a little more on how short life is, let alone to have it cut off even sooner like that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hate to hear that.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:28 PM   #12
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Tragic news indeed.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Can we just call 2020 a mulligan? Jeeze. Gone too soon. Cancer can got take a flying leap.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:49 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird how he filmed 6+ films while having cancer and most people never knew. I'm looking at his rotten tomato page and he was in a lot of other films too in the same timeframe.

Assuming Black Panther 2 didn't start filming yet (and I assume it never did), maybe it's best just not to make it. Either recasting him or "passing the mantle" without him present just wouldn't feel right. Out of respect it'd probably be best just not to bring up Black Panther whenever they do new crossovers again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:52 PM   #15
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Such a heartbreaking loss ...

With each and every role, he paved the way for other black talent, and made the world realize that black-centric films can become inspirational and successful. He made the world recognize that people of color can create legacies for themselves.

I give my deepest condolences to his loved ones.

Rest in power, Chadwick Boseman.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:11 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

Shocking. I'm a fan of his work. Black Panther's appearance in Civil War is fantastic.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:39 AM   #17
Roseangelo
Emperor

This one hit me like a brick to the face.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:23 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Terribly shocking. And a testament to the man's work ethic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It feels kind of wrong for me to focus on this instead of the actual tragedy that an actor who got such a big breakthrough in his career just two years ago dying so soon after, but it's just where my mind goes and it's a movie that is going to be made without him. And... It's just that... How will that move be received by the public, you know?

If they recast, it might cause backlash and be seen as disrespectful as might replacing his character with Shuri. It kind of comes across as a bit of a no win scenario. How do you make the movie without coming across as disrespectful?
I know, I hate to even talk about this now, but yeesh. It definitely pops into the brain. I personally hope they recast (which is something we should probably start getting ready for/used to with the other MCU characters... and already kind of have with Hulk). Plus we still need to get Black Panther and Storm hooking up, which was heavily rumored for BP 2. If they just make Shuri the Black Panther now out of the blue, with no new connective Chadwick to work with to do a proper passing of the torch thing... that's going to really suck and not be organic at all. Though I suspect Disney/Marvel might just do the Shuri route now, as an opportunity to further their... y'know, their thing. Hope not. I'm not opposed to Shuri down the line (like, Black Panther 4 or something), just not now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:41 AM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

Shocking news to wake up to, how very sad Guy worked through it all too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #20
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Devastated. He was such an amazing and awesome creative soul, and I'm going to miss seeing him on screen.