The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #7221
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ohhhh Hope it's fixed asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
The best thing to do when you get one is to find the fraud address for the legit company that is being used in the scam ( ie in my case PayPal ) and forward the email to them. They use the emails to stay on top of scams and alert users to be aware of those scams.
Yeah, I always try to do that whenever possible.

Esp like forwarding the fake IRS ones to the real IRS. That takes either serious guts or serious stupidity to try impersonate them.

Grind... So irked with the family. Got home from work shortly after 4pm to find a note on the door saying not to go in. They'd decided to bug bomb the house and no one was to go in until after 3pm to open up the house, and then stay out again until after 5pm.

Meanwhile, I'm tired and just wanting to change clothes, hit the bathroom, actually eat something for once today other than a single granola bar, and sit down for a while. But here I am shortly after 4pm no one had bothered to return at 3 to air out the house... So guess who got to do it. And try to risk overexposing herself to the pesticide for the length of time I was in the house because I still needed to change and use the damn bathroom... not to mention fight the darn cats who wanted in from the porch while I only wanted to crack that door open but prevent them from getting in... And was the water spray bottle anywhere to be seen, of course not. So I just had to throw a glass of water to scare them back. And then while fighting with the door accidentally dropped the glass...

Felt bad about breaking it, but at that point I just needed to push it all aside and leave it there so I could get back out of the house.

So my family, with the convenience of not having to deal with any of that themselves, and perhaps didn't even have to leave again since I took care of opening the house up... and not a single thanks. As predicted, all my mother could comment about was the stupid glass. "I hope she's going to clean the glass up." (Wtf. No, I'm just going to leave it there. I always just leave broken glass laying around, right? Actually, depending on how long they'd been home it would have been nice for one of them to get it. At least I'd left a note to warn them!) I guess she'd have rather I just get overexposed to the pesticide in the air and cleaned it up right then, while somehow fighting to keep the cats from getting in (they were in the enclosed back porch) or getting hurt by the glass.

Of course, after having to leave again for two hours, when I got home I now had to immediately deal with the fish tank as well, so I still couldn't sit down or eat for a while. (Finally did just now...) If I had known they were doing this crap today I'd have liked to cover my fish tank up so they don't poison her... At least someone was a little considerate enough to block the space under the doors with towels. Room still smelled like it though, even if the doors were closed.

Once I got back home, they'd already been able to close everything and get the AC on. How nice for them.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #7222
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

New twist to the cat story.

It seems the dog I was worried about has been bitten by a cat in the past, so that pretty much changes everything.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #7223
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Speaking of cats..... Took Demona to the vet Thursday. Found out it was (possibly) worse than I had feared. Not glaucoma, but a lymphoma in her eye. Not much they could do except maybe take out the eye, but she said it was a drastic measure at this stage since Demona didn't seem to be in any pain from it, and to just keep watching it to see if it gets any worse. So we got her rabies shot and went home. I was right that the cloudiness was INSIDE the eye though. Between the cornea and pupil, rather than on the lens.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #7224
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Aww man! That sucks

I helped a lady with a cat that had his eye removed. It was how I learned to give cats eyedrops...
Old 06-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #7225
Powder
So tired of this place

Pity parties. Guilt trips. Blame passing. Own your sh*t.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #7226
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Gear grinder: Got the Internet bill for the past month and found out I was over my minutes which I have never done since we got Verizon and our computers. Mom and I get separate bills so we were surprised when we found out I was over my minutes. Turns out that FF.Net is now playing videos automatically and that was the problem. The guy said to switch to Mozilla Firefox instead of using Microsoft Edge which came with the computer. So, I did that and things seemed to be fine because only ads were loading up. Then, I go on again and see the videos again! Not cool! Tried to find a way via Mozilla to block said videos but there was nothing to do that with. Looks like we might have to upgrade to 12GB instead of 5GB which we have now.

Pain in the butt for me! I wish they would just give you the option of playing the video instead of it playing automatically.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #7227
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Claustrophobia, and how it kicks in at the most inopportune times.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #7228
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I know the feeling. Gifs in people's sigs suck up mine. I tether to my phone so it uses up my high speed.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #7229
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Claustrophobia, and how it kicks in at the most inopportune times.
Unpredictable isn't it. I have the opposite problem, and I'm usually OK these days, but once in a while I'll be in the middle of a shopping center and start to feel irrationally exposed and vulnerable; like there are people sneaking up on me or something.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #7230
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My recent gear grind is my internet, actually. I was having a similar problem to Buulbbly, except that it was DeviantArt giving me a message that my browser was not supported and I needed to upgrade my browser because it could cause my submissions to be corrupted. So I downloaded Firefox to try to fix the issue. But that literally turned into an all-night task! I started the download around 7:30. It still was only about 1/8th complete when I went to bed! Thankfully it had finished by the time I was ready to go to work so all I had to do was install it and set up the startup wizard, which only took a couple of minutes. But it was a pain in the butt to have to go through all that just to post a few pics when I never had this issue with DA before. Fortunately the upgrade worked but man what an annoyance!

Old 06-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #7231
Vegita-San
Emperor

Thanks lions gate, ever so much for giving my channel a copy right strike for my fan animation videos.

Now I have to take the remaining ones down, since you started flagging them and hope that re uploading them without the little video in the corner OR audio will keep them safe...

sigh..

I understand WHY companies do this, but you'd think their bots or interns would make an exception in something like this which is clearly a love of hard work and tribute.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #7232
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

When people call me 'mister' or 'sir'. Especially people I know.

I in no way deserve any kind of respect, especially at the level those words denote.

The other day at work a little kid asked if I could change the tv's to a cartoon channel and she called me sir. Like I was someone to look up to or something.

Why? Just, why?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #7233
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's honestly not an issue I share, personally. Especially when I'm around kids. And even more so by the kids at my mom's preschool. "Miss Katie" feels like an honorific around them and I've been called that for years by them.

I'd imagine that kid had been taught to call any older person whose names they don't know, by "sir" or "ma'am".
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 PM   #7234
plastroncafe

Ugh, I really dislike being in the ma'am class.
Not to the point of pointing it out to the person doing the ma'aming.
That'd just be rude.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 AM   #7235
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
When people call me 'mister' or 'sir'. Especially people I know.

I in no way deserve any kind of respect, especially at the level those words denote.

The other day at work a little kid asked if I could change the tv's to a cartoon channel and she called me sir. Like I was someone to look up to or something.

Why? Just, why?
You're like a Bizarro World Rodney Dangerfield.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:03 AM   #7236
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
You're like a Bizarro World Rodney Dangerfield.
I suppose.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #7237
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's an age thing... you get slightly old enough and they start using these titles. Agree with Plastron, being called ma'am...? No thanks. That started a while back, but I wish it wouldn't have.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #7238
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'll never get women being against called ma'am. It's just a word people use to be polite. It's like getting angry at someone for saying please and thank you.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #7239
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'll never get women being against called ma'am. It's just a word people use to be polite. It's like getting angry at someone for saying please and thank you.
Mister and Sir denote the same status.
That of a grown adult male.

Miss and Ma'am denote a change in status.
Miss is a young woman. Ma'am is an older one.

This is what makes it different than a mere please and thank you.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #7240
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

OK. I still don't see it, but sure. I don't think the person saying it means any harm. In their minds, they're being polite. It's better than being called "hey, you". Or having someone snap their fingers at you.