The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #1201
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Toys-R-Us website
Out of stock online and in all stores near me thanks anyway.
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #1202
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotNunchuckFury View Post
Out of stock online and in all stores near me thanks anyway.
Didnt notice, sorry. Thats annoying, only other set I need
Old 11-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #1203
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Anybody else get the feeling that the negative response from the TMNT movie has killed this line? We haven't seen or heard anything about new sets, even with the new season released. I really hope it's not the case though, we're missing so many characters.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #1204
zipper
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Anybody else get the feeling that the negative response from the TMNT movie has killed this line? We haven't seen or heard anything about new sets, even with the new season released. I really hope it's not the case though, we're missing so many characters.
The only response that Hollywood cares about is money. TMNT 2014 had a budget of $125 million and it made over $477 million. IIRC, that's Nick's most successful movie. If Lego really is indeed done with the Turtles, it has nothing to do with the new movie. Afterall, there's a sequal in the works already.
zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #1205
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
The only response that Hollywood cares about is money. TMNT 2014 had a budget of $125 million and it made over $477 million. IIRC, that's Nick's most successful movie. If Lego really is indeed done with the Turtles, it has nothing to do with the new movie. Afterall, there's a sequal in the works already.
That's true it made a lot, and I actually liked the film a fair bit, just the vast majority didn't seem to and the sets don't seem to be selling well over here. I see plenty of the movie sets left on the shelf, I just really hope this doesn't end up a dead line by next year, as I've loved getting the various sets Lego has made.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #1206
zipper
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
That's true it made a lot, and I actually liked the film a fair bit, just the vast majority didn't seem to and the sets don't seem to be selling well over here. I see plenty of the movie sets left on the shelf, I just really hope this doesn't end up a dead line by next year, as I've loved getting the various sets Lego has made.
I agree. It would be awesome to get another wave. It'disheartening to not have any info by this time of the year for another wave. Time will tell.
zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #1207
cloud
Stone Warrior

I don't think the movie affects the toy sales that much. Most of the kids will have a good time with the new TMNT movies, it's just that adults or people looking for a better story that suffered...
As for the Lego toys, it was just boring over all, the sewer lair is similar to what they have done with the first Nick toons inspired release and the two other sets one with the long truck and the turtle van set don't look too appealing. I see the Man of Steel Lego sets not selling too but it doesnt stop LEGO from release more DC comics releated sets next year.
I think it just has to do with creating fun sets and it's better to work with the cartoon than the movie as the TV show seem to have more interesting sets locations and vehicles. There's going to be a new Turtle Van next year and I bet we'll see a LEGO version.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #1208
Dunedain
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I don't think the movie affects the toy sales that much. Most of the kids will have a good time with the new TMNT movies, it's just that adults or people looking for a better story that suffered...
As for the Lego toys, it was just boring over all, the sewer lair is similar to what they have done with the first Nick toons inspired release and the two other sets one with the long truck and the turtle van set don't look too appealing. I see the Man of Steel Lego sets not selling too but it doesnt stop LEGO from release more DC comics releated sets next year.
I think it just has to do with creating fun sets and it's better to work with the cartoon than the movie as the TV show seem to have more interesting sets locations and vehicles. There's going to be a new Turtle Van next year and I bet we'll see a LEGO version.

I agree, I see tons of Lego superheroes, and even Star wars sets, sitting on shelves, and these are the supposed biggest sellers. This is in the NYC, New Jersey area too. Sometimes I wonder if when we see Lego sets "sitting" on shelves, maybe it means they are selling and being restocked. So, its kinda hard to tell if the TMNT sets are selling well or not.

I think the Nick sets are selling much better than the TMNT movie sets, however. I think this is a good thing, and HOPEFULLY we will get more TMNT Nick sets. The Nick cartoon and Lego, seem to be made for each other. As others have said, the possibilities are endless and there are still so many more characters that NEED to be made.

I bought ALL the Nick sets, and many multiples of each, and if there is a wave 3, and I pray there will be, I will buy them all. I don't even need to see them, Lego will have instant sales with me.
Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #1209
snake
Disgusting

If we don't see anything by toy fair, it's game over. Atleast, that's how Lego LOTR ended.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #1210
Linkage
Random Punk

I would bet a significant amount of money we will see a Lego Ninja Turtles game at some point.

Problem with the Lego is it just didn't really strike home with either market, the general Lego collectors or the Turtle collectors. A few great sets for sure, but overall they have been pretty ho hum in my opinion.
Linkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #1211
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I think the first wave of sets were fantastic and I really liked the 2014 movie turtle lair. The second nick LEGO wave was weaker although it had some great minifigs like Leatherhead and Spyder Bytez.

I think one area where they messed up is putting all the 2nd wave turtles in weird suits/helmets when I think a lot of people would like to have the "vanilla" looking turtles. Maybe if LEGO included alternate parts in the sets?

Anyway I'm proud to own them all and if they never make more, I'm super thankful for what I have.

Buuut... we should not assume it's over, look at how LEGO handled the Spongebob license... they did not release new sets each time they rolled out new stuff, there were some gaps. We may not know for sure that LEGO is done with TMNT unless someone else picks up the license.

If you guys have seen some of the stuff LEGO is doing in 2015 they have a PACKED lineup (DC, Marvel, Jurassic World, Star Wars Episode VII, Bionicle, etc.), they may just not have the room for more TMNT right now. They could always release more later. Either late 2015 or sometime in 2016. But yeah, the fact that the 2014 movie was not a huge hit is a factor, if it had done really really well I think we'd see LEGO kicking it into high gear.

if LEGO had been able to license a LEGO TMNT game then I think we'd see lots more sets. But I guess EA got to that license first. And we all know how that is going...
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #1212
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
If we don't see anything by toy fair, it's game over. Atleast, that's how Lego LOTR ended.
Lego LOTR is not over yet! Whenever asked, Lego's response is the license is still ongoing. They recently confirmed the Ent in Orthanc is NOT Treebeard, nor is meant to be. Minas Tirith just hit 10k full support on Ideas and is up for review. Ideas also has 2 other sets in the top 10 most popular, Lothlorien being in the forefront and a sweet Barad Dur. I'm pretty sure we will see at least 1 more set, if not a small wave of sets at some point. Fans have been really vocal about still wanting a Balrog, Minas Tirith, Treebeard & several main characters & beasts. And there is a LOT of attention on Middle Earth right now. Don't be surprised if we see something in the spring.

Lego TMNT had 2 waves PLUS a movie wave hit fairly quick between each other. It hasn't even been that long since release of wave 2 and the movie sets. I DISAGREE that Nick wave 2 isn't quite as nice We got Shredder's Lair, Karai Bike Escape, the Turtle Sub which are all great... Mutation Chamber is OK. The T-Rawket, well, it sucks! But the show is ongoing and looks to have great stuff ahead. I STRONGLY doubt that the line is done. We will probably get at least a set of the new Turtle Van as well as minifigures for at least Casey, Tigerclaw, Bebop & Rocksteady. Plus the new turtle designs we will be seeing towards the end of season 3.

The real problem right now is that there is really nothing iconic to make sets of (excluding characters). The 2 main locations (Turtle Lair & Shredder's Lair) along with ALL of the main vehicles have already been made. What is there to make right now? Nothing outside of Aprils Northampton house & the party wagon has been a mainstay. They haven't Turtle-ized the van yet. No main/recurring villains... Sure, you can argue Technodrome, Kraang Prime or Turtle Mech but they haven't really been featured enough at all IMO, & how to make Kraang Prime work as a set? Of those, I'd put my money on the Mech. Also, I can't see Lego showing anything that would be a spoiler if it's too far off in the airing schedule.

Time will tell...

Last edited by atreyu2112; 11-30-2014 at 07:32 AM.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #1213
snake
Disgusting

^^^^
I hope you're right. I'd hate to see Lego miss out on some more LOTR stuff (Not Hobbit) before their license ends.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #1214
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Right now get a free LEGO Flashback Shredder on shop.lego.com or in LEGO stores with any TMNT purchase.

Also, a free Jor El minifig with any superhero purchase.

(yeah, you can even order a 4.99 keychain to qualify.)

http://www.thebrickfan.com/free-lego...at-home-promo/

Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #1215
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Right now get a free LEGO Flashback Shredder on shop.lego.com or in LEGO stores with any TMNT purchase.

Also, a free Jor El minifig with any superhero purchase.

(yeah, you can even order a 4.99 keychain to qualify.)

Thanks! I need the Turtle Sub set anyway.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #1216
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

The 2015 LEGO retailer catalog got leaked... not a single mention of TMNT for the first half of 2015.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #1217
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
The 2015 LEGO retailer catalog got leaked... not a single mention of TMNT for the first half of 2015.
I don't think the catalog actually had anything new that wasn't already leaked about a month ago though?

Well i'm not worried. TMNT has to recover from the movie. LOL. Also season 3 is kinda... ehhh... i don't think it's really catching fire the way I would like it to (maybe 2nd half will be an improvement?)

So yeah, I am not surprised if we see a big drop in turtle merch throughout 2015.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #1218
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think the catalog actually had anything new that wasn't already leaked about a month ago though?

Well i'm not worried. TMNT has to recover from the movie. LOL. Also season 3 is kinda... ehhh... i don't think it's really catching fire the way I would like it to (maybe 2nd half will be an improvement?)

So yeah, I am not surprised if we see a big drop in turtle merch throughout 2015.
recover from the movie? i think it made alot of money. also think it was a pretty damn good movie the more i watch it (on dvd) think the minifigs are done very well. ---anyway, i hope for a rahzar minifig in the future..still hope for some type of MIRAGE style figs.

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #1219
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:

This makes me think we've seen the last of Lego TMNT, sadly. I can only hope Mega Bloks picks the series up again, as their work with COD, Halo and Assassins Creed is amazing thus far, and they're making amazing Spongebob sets, so there's existing friendships with Nick there.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #1220
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i still find the Movie Lego sets at my local Walmart

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276