The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Never tried snail. I kinda want to, but I'm not sure if I'd pay money for it. I'd try any meat to be honest, if someone offered lion steak, I'd eat it just to try it.

Nah, it's no marked for it. It's basically a emergency sweetener/flavoring if you're in the woods and got some brew and forgot to bring some actual sweeteners or lemon juice.
Oh. I'd try ants for sure.

My Dad use to go "frogging." He would fry them and like the saying goes it tasted like chicken. We ate the legs only.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

There's just a certain texture profile that I cannot abide, and and most seafood falls into that category. It's that weird gummy texture of shrimp. And I'd imagine that snails have that when cooked....so no. Yeah no.

The more for the rest of you!

Now one thing I DO like that a lot of people don't, is cheese.
The stinker, runnier, and pungent the better.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I love cheese, and I've grown more fond of more aged cheese as well. I guess it's a sign of getting older Cheese Nights, cheese and crackers and a cheesy movie have become a staple when friends out of town visits.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

There's actually that many people who don't like cheese? Next thing you're telling me lots of people don't like chocolate or ice cream.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #25
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There's actually that many people who don't like cheese? Next thing you're telling me lots of people don't like chocolate or ice cream.
A lot of people can't eat cheese, and a lot of people don't like the kind of cheese I'm talking about. We're talking about the runny stuff that smells like feet.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... runny doesn't sound too appetizing to me. lol

Best stuff in the world in my book...a dry, crumbly, extra super sharp cheddar. The Amish in this region make some good stuff, and partly the influence on my cheese preferences. Although have a fresh bar of that Cabot Vermont brand extra sharp which is also a contender.

Beyond that, I like swiss on turkey subs/sandwiches. (But it must be a chewy roll only, I don't like mushy breads.) American imo only belongs on grilled cheese and burgers.

You aren't a real North Easterner/Mid-Atlantic (Atlantin?) if you only like dull cheese.

WORST I have probably ever tried though... My sister uses one of those delivery services where she picks from a selection of foods each week or so, a lot of them more 'natural.' She tried this goat cheese once... Holy hell. My mom got me to taste a tiny little piece of it. My honest description: The flavor of burnt melted plastic that has sat in an attic for 20 years and someone rubbed their butt on it. With a nice barfy after taste. I don't know who likes melted plastic ass cheese, but they can keep it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-14-2017 at 02:16 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #27
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I will eat almost anything at least once. Mostly my diet is sandwiches a lot o ffrozen foods, fast food and soups as well as grilled pork, chicken, or beef and potatoes or other veggies. I LOVE fruits of almost any kind, and seafood. Crab is my fave seafood, but most fish, and shrimp or clams and scallops are up there too. Love pasta, rice or breads- and cheese too.

I've tried several types of sushi including octopus and eel. Tried elk jerky, and I enjoy venison when I can get it. Tried dove once but it's too much trouble imo. Too much work for the amount of meat. I also have had swordfish, and when I can get it, I have an AWESOME baked shark steak recipe! I've had wild turkey and duck, crawfish, frog legs once, and fried oysters.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Octopus and squid tastes like tough, chewy nothings. No thanks. Shrimp is de-licious but no way I'm sitting there peeling them if they come with the skins on them.

Cheese? I love some nice pepperjack. Especially on chips. I'm very lactose intolerant, probably a result of years of alcohol abuse, so I go pretty sparing on that. Lactose free milk is wonderful... it's so great to be able to drink milk again.

Meats I've had? All your basic ones, pork, chicken, goat, lamb, cow (cow tongue is my favorite!) and an elk steak and a bear steak at one point. I don't think anything crazier than that. I like salmon and stuffed tilapia, but I'm not super into regular fish meats. I don't like fish and chips.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised so many people here mention pasta, I thought that's a relatively common food to eat? Spaghetti, pizza, cheese melted onto steak or other meat, it's all good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #30
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised so many people here mention pasta, I thought that's a relatively common food to eat? Spaghetti, pizza, cheese melted onto steak or other meat, it's all good.
Oh yeah melted cheese on almost any type of meat is so great. With some toasted bread and maybe a little tobacco or Siracha. But not lion as mentioned above. I am just not sure if I could do it. I would think of my pet cat. Might end up like Homer.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Anyone like any really unusual foods? I'm fond of shark as I mentioned earlier.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 PM   #32
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I buy kangaroo about once a month. It's very lean but quite strong tasting, and it smells fairly pungent when it's cooking. It's best if you marinate it in something to soften it up too, as it's pretty dense.

I like rabbit too, but I only eat that if I find it at a restaurant. I have no idea where to buy it raw.

I love seafood but I don't eat it very often. I mostly eat rice, pasta, vegetables, chicken, red meat, and nuts. I don't eat much pork, and I don't drink alcohol or carbonated drinks. I try to avoid fruit juice as well, but I probably drink it once a week.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #33
plastroncafe

I don't really much see the point of eating rabbit period but then again I don't much see the point of eating chicken wings either. A rabbit is basically in an animal entirely made of chicken wings

Unless we're talking about one of those German Giants.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

People really eat shark and kangaroo? I thought eating frog legs was bad, but this thread is an eye opener. Why would you want to put that stuff in your body?

Makes me sick just thinking about it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 AM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, I've never met anyone in real life who doesn't like pasta. My brother doesn't like rice much which I find a bit odd as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't really much see the point of eating rabbit period but then again I don't much see the point of eating chicken wings either. A rabbit is basically in an animal entirely made of chicken wings

Yeah I don't like rabbit meat, much. Too boney. Same for lamb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Octopus and squid tastes like tough, chewy nothings. No thanks. Shrimp is de-licious but no way I'm sitting there peeling them if they come with the skins on them.

Cheese? I love some nice pepperjack. Especially on chips. I'm very lactose intolerant, probably a result of years of alcohol abuse, so I go pretty sparing on that. Lactose free milk is wonderful... it's so great to be able to drink milk again.

Meats I've had? All your basic ones, pork, chicken, goat, lamb, cow (cow tongue is my favorite!) and an elk steak and a bear steak at one point. I don't think anything crazier than that. I like salmon and stuffed tilapia, but I'm not super into regular fish meats. I don't like fish and chips.
Yeah, I don't eat fish that often, either asides from tuna and salmon. Most fish is not as filling as meat is and it tends to be quite pricey as well. Plus, I hate cooking fish.

Do you guys eat a lot of red meat? I really don't. I'll eat cow meat not more than once or twice a week, really. As for pork(not red, but a bit high on cholesterol), I try not to indulge in it as well since it's bad for you. Why are so many tasty foods so bad for you? It's not fair
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:17 AM   #36
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Haha, that's true but I like chicken wings as well. I guess I like my meals to be a project.

Quote:
People really eat shark and kangaroo? I thought eating frog legs was bad, but this thread is an eye opener. Why would you want to put that stuff in your body?

Makes me sick just thinking about it.
Lots of people eat shark - it's a pretty common ingredient in fish & chips. There are a lot of different kinds of shark. I wouldn't recommend eating a white pointer unless you feel that you're not getting enough mercury in your diet, but gummy sharks aren't much different to any other fish.

I don't see why kangaroo is weird either. They're grazers, they're plentiful, and they're low impact environmentally... and not that it matters but they're really stupid. I think eating pigs is worse. They eat all kinds of garbage, they're kept in horrible conditions, and they're very smart as far as animals go. It's like eating a dog.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #37
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Protein bars, protein shakes, veggies, and chicken.

Once a week I'll generally dive into a handful of gummy worms and a couple slices of pizza.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree on the wings, what's the point. Plus I'm picky enough that I'm not even going to eat half of what's on there if it's creepy texture, fatty, or whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, I've never met anyone in real life who doesn't like pasta. My brother doesn't like rice much which I find a bit odd as well.
My sister, now in her 30s, never liked pasta until recent years, but only in certain ways. Didn't really eat rice until an adult either.

Of course, she won't eat meat if it has bones in it either. Creeps her out. As odd as they may think my aversion to onion is (though she doesn't care for it either, if not as strongly), at least I have that on her. She'll never know what amazing BBQ ribs are like...

Quote:
People really eat shark and kangaroo?
Think that's odd? Some cultures do, will or have in the past eaten dogs. Also, some South Americans (I think specifically Peru and Brazil?) think it is odd that we keep guinea pigs as pets...because they raise them for food.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cubed, in case you don't realize it, sharks are fish, just like any other seafood fish sold. And they are far less "fishy" tasting than most. Kind of a delicate and sweet flavor actually. Better for you than most of the fish sold too. Never had shark fin soup but the filets/steaks are flakey, tender and have no bones to worry about. Just a bit of cartilage but that is usually cut out.

Indigo- you are correct! Guinea pigs are native to Peru and the Andes in general and have been raised as a staple food there for thousands of years. If anything, WE are the weird ones for keeping an oversized rodent poop-factory as pets! (Seriously. They are dumb compared to mist other rodents and do nothing but chew stuff up and poop. They are also kind of dirty for a rodent. Rats are much more fastedious and clean.....)

Old 06-15-2017, 06:07 PM   #40
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm usually a hearty eater as there is a small selection of foods that I won't eat. Although broccoli and cauliflower aren't my favorite things to eat, I'll eat them, along with brussel sprouts if they're done well.

Meat, seafood, dairy, pasta, and most vegetables are alright with me.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote