The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #3481
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Nick cartoon has excellent continuity.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #3482
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Nick cartoon has excellent continuity.
What about the sped up time in Dimension X?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #3483
Cartoon Fanboy
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Actually you're right. They have gone to Dimension X multiple times that the sped up time doesn't seem to affect them anymore.

But I mean many shows have errors in their continuity so it doesn't matter.
Cartoon Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #3484
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
That can be explained by Dimension X just being f*cky in general
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #3485
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
That's one of them.

The Technodrome being a big threat, and only being brought up maybe two times before.

Krang Prime saying that they've been mutating earth since the caveman days, only got brought up once recently. That's a pretty big plot line to just drop as a whim dialogue, only to get forgotten for a season or three....

April's Mother and her weird history with the Krang. Never to be brought up again.

Aprils father is all but a foot note in history.

Baxter had been forgotten about until he re-appeared with injured shredder.

The Mutagen Canister problem was never really finalized.

The, even though it was 'rare' anti mutagen that was developed, that could have solved the mutant problem in the city like snakeweed (also forgotten) was dropped.

There's probably others i'm forgetting, but this show kind of sucks at continuity. and brings things up or forgets them at a whim.

that might have been fine for the 80s show.. but these days people expect more attention to detail.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #3486
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

According to Ciro, TigerClaw and Alopex are siblings.

I can see why its more personal for him.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #3487
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The Technodrome being a big threat, and only being brought up maybe two times before.
As far as I remember its on the bottom of the ocean. Why is this a problem?

Quote:
Krang Prime saying that they've been mutating earth since the caveman days, only got brought up once recently. That's a pretty big plot line to just drop as a whim dialogue, only to get forgotten for a season or three....
This is backstory. What exactly is the problem here?

Quote:
April's Mother and her weird history with the Krang. Never to be brought up again.
I'm sure April's mother will be brought back up eventually.

Quote:
Aprils father is all but a foot note in history.
LOL, what? April's father was de-mutated back into a human and is now just a normal man again. What the hell do you expect them to do with him?

Quote:
Baxter had been forgotten about until he re-appeared with injured shredder.
This is completely and utterly wrong. Baxter was never "forgotten" about. What the hell does that even mean? He was working for Shredder in his lab ever since being mutated. He developed the Shredder clones too last season.

Quote:
The Mutagen Canister problem was never really finalized.
Once again this plotline was meant to explain why so many mutants were running around Manhattan, and why they found new mutants from time to time. Its literally "impossible" for the Turtles to find hundreds of mutagen canisters scattered around. Use common sense.

Quote:
The, even though it was 'rare' anti mutagen that was developed, that could have solved the mutant problem in the city like snakeweed (also forgotten) was dropped.
That's not true either.

Almost everything you said was either misinformed or non-issue. April's mother, or April in general, is one of the few long running plotlines that needs resolution but I'm sure it will.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #3488
Powder
So tired of this place

Don't even waste your time with that sort of hypocrisy, Cubed. These people don't complain about this stuff in the OT, Mirage, etc. they just love to be critical of the Nick series for literally no reason.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #3489
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Don't even waste your time with that sort of hypocrisy, Cubed. These people don't complain about this stuff in the OT, Mirage, etc. they just love to be critical of the Nick series for literally no reason.
True they complain about the smallest little details, I'm just so happy Alopex is on the Nick TMNT series, Regardless if she isn't an Arctic Fox, She's a Fox regardless.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 10-09-2016 at 06:32 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #3490
Powder
So tired of this place

That's not the argument I'm making, considering I too am bothered she's not an arctic fox. It's continuity errors & minor "plot amnesia" I'm in favor of disregarding.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:47 PM   #3491
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
That's not the argument I'm making, considering I too am bothered she's not an arctic fox. It's continuity errors & minor "plot amnesia" I'm in favor of disregarding.
In other words, "autists overthinking things and spewing TV Tropes everywhere"

And f*ck off, Tigerclaw. Do you even read the posts in question? Because you never seem to have the right context when you're agreeing with someone.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #3492
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The reason why people are critical with the Nick TMNT is because this show has very bad writing. Plot points either forgotten or put on indefinite hiatus, characters don't really develop and we have episodes of them covering their flaws over and over again(seriously how many episodes do we have to see Raph overcoming his anger or Mikey actually thinking straight and stop acting stupid, plot points that are resolved too fast(the invasion of new york) too or too slow(April's mother for example and Tiger Claw's tail), Villians who show a lot of promise during their debut episodes become lifeless and bland afterwards(seriously what has Tiger Claw done in this season before the whole Alopex fiasco is about to start)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
In other words, "autists overthinking things and spewing TV Tropes everywhere"
If pointing out bad writing makes you an autist then those anti vaxxers who say vaccine makes kids autistic might have a point
Old 10-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #3493
snake
Disgusting

Cybercubed make a 5 star post pointing out how the "bad writing" that people complain about is almost always pointless sh*t. If you're gonna complain about bad writing, complain about the plot amnesia, bad pacing, characters forgetting developement, and general immaturness of the show. Not how April's f*cking father isn't a getting a follow-up episode.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #3494
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Cybercubed make a 5 star post pointing out how the "bad writing" that people complain about is almost always pointless sh*t. If you're gonna complain about bad writing, complain about the plot amnesia, bad pacing, characters forgetting developement, and general immaturness of the show. Not how April's f*cking father isn't a getting a follow-up episode.
Not once did I mention April's father in my post also I did mention all those things you want people to complain
Old 10-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #3495
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
all part of the same problem.

he was a decent enough side character in the beginning, and basically used as a plot device.

Same with April's mother. the episode tried to make you care about her and why she wasn't around, and then, Never brought up again and april never gives it a second thought.

They could have had a season long arc of 'hunt for aprils mother in dimension x' or something. could have made a few episodes worth of character development at least. Then once they find her, her and her father head off somewhere away from the krang. April gets notes from them that she b rings up from time to time, just to further the development, and that's all you really need to try and make this feel like a lived in universe.

But nope. one horrific episode of Aprils mother turning into yet another weird monster creature. No real explanation of why the Krang even wanted her, or her husband , or April (IIRC, I think April might be been loosely touched upon, but only barley. I can't remember how her psychic powers first came up)

Not even really a mention of them when the earth exploded, also IIRC.

Hell, Even Dragonball Z had Bulma cry over the death of the Breifs during the Freiza movie, and I think the last time you really saw them was during the Cell Saga in any major capacity.

All this forgotten detail just comes off as someone not paying attention somewhere.. or too busy trying to fight off playmates for trying to include WWE turtles in the show somewhere.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #3496
snake
Disgusting

"Season long hunt for April's mother arc"

My God
Old 10-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #3497
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
"Season long hunt for April's mother arc"

My God
Then if it wasn't an important character to the people doing it, don't even introduce her parents at all like all the other series.

it really is that simple.

Hell, Even 4Kids had a 'find uncle auggie' episode, and it was rather fun.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #3498
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Then if it wasn't an important character to the people doing it, don't even introduce her parents at all like all the other series.

it really is that simple.

Hell, Even 4Kids had a 'find uncle auggie' episode, and it was rather fun.
If they didn't introduce her parents you people would probably complain about that. You're doing that exact same thing with Casey's sister.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #3499
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't even remember casey's sister being mentioned.

and i wouldn't complain about it because we are used to aprils immediate family not being mentioned.

all we usually see are aunts and uncles, or sisters.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #3500
Powder
So tired of this place

This is coming from someone who says the Nick series makes it impossible for people to take the TMNT seriously on a whole or is bothered by inconsistency, yet hardcore champions the Fred Wolf cartoon. He's obviously just nursing a grudge with the showrunner, 'cause this is nothing but biased hypocrisy.

Tags
ban shredder orokusaki, cybercubed is corrupted, i love shredder orokusaki, schnappo, season 4, tmnt 2012