The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #301
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #302
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Watching DC **** up their attempt at a cinematic universe has been hilariously amusing. I expect these shenanigans to continue to entertain (moreso than the actual movies would) until the eventual downfall of the DCEU. How sweet it will be.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #303
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I expect these shenanigans to continue to entertain (moreso than the actual movies would) until the eventual downfall of the DCEU. How sweet it will be.
Lol, I think I said the same thing when Suicide Squad came out. All the juicy gossip turned out to be more fun than the movie itself.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #304
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Lol, I think I said the same thing when Suicide Squad came out. All the juicy gossip turned out to be more fun than the movie itself.
Can't wait for the biopic or tell-all book about it!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #305
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Suicide Squad could have been better if it wasn't connected to the crappy Cinematic Universe. And to be honest... Wonder Woman too. It's bad enough she has to follow the mess that was BVS, I heard rumors that the movie will be more from someone else's point of view, not hers.

I could care less about this version of Batman. His fight scenes were alright, but his eagerness to kill in cold blood and the bat branding thing has got to go.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #306
retr0pia75
Foot Soldier

Honestly, this is starting to get to a point where it's more sad than amusing. DC has never really been able to have a consistent track record with their movies, and if anything, all that the DCEU has proven is that it isn't going to change anytime soon.
retr0pia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #307
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I could care less about this version of Batman. His fight scenes were alright, but his eagerness to kill in cold blood and the bat branding thing has got to go.
Ben Affleck could possibly be the best live-action Batman ever, we just need to see him given a chance in his own film.

Michael Keaton's Batman killed, the other two Batman in the mid-90's were campy nonsense, and Nolan's Batman had the worst voice even if he was well done otherwise. And Nolan's universe too grounded in reality.

I can't believe some of you don't want more Ben Affleck. His scenes in Batman/Superman are the only reason that movie is still on my blu-ray shelf.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #308
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ben Affleck could possibly be the best live-action Batman ever, we just need to see him given a chance in his own film.

Michael Keaton's Batman killed, the other two Batman in the mid-90's were campy nonsense, and Nolan's Batman had the worst voice even if he was well done otherwise. And Nolan's universe too grounded in reality.

I can't believe some of you don't want more Ben Affleck. His scenes in Batman/Superman are the only reason that movie is still on my blu-ray shelf.
I completely agree with Coola. One of the biggest turn offs for me in BvS, besides just how droll and unenjoyable of a film it is, was just how far down The Dark Knight Returns and even more so they went with his characterization. I get why it fit into the story, but fan preference for me isn't to have a Batman that fully murders people. That's not the Batman that's typically featured in almost 75+ years of publication and I think having Batman kill is just too easy these days. Yes, he did kill in the Keaton films but it's not 1989 or 1992 anymore and I think a lot more people are hip to the "no kill" rule that most stories of Batman follow...hence the backlash.

The tiptoeing of any killing that happened in the Nolan films was generally treated with the theme that Batman is "no executioner"...unlike the '90s Batman which would put a dynamite stick into someone's pants and smile about it ala Returns.

Ben was fine as Batman...but he was in a movie that just didn't work overall and he had some pretty bad character writing. I haven't liked any of these DCEU films and I'm much more interested in all of this from a car crash perspective it seems like.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #309
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I completely agree with Coola. One of the biggest turn offs for me in BvS, besides just how droll and unenjoyable of a film it is, was just how far down The Dark Knight Returns
It's... it's just mind boggling. Who in their right mind would literally begin the DC cinematic universe by doing both The Dark Knight Returns and The Death of Superman, all in one and right at the beginning? It's actually insane. It's completely retarded.

Say, Ben has been pretty quiet since all of these "rumors" started going around about him wanting out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #310
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Has a Green Lantern been cast to play Hal Jordan yet?
Probably.

Quote:
I know there have been many teases.
I don't recall any teases, no.

Quote:
I don't understand the hold up. Sure, the 2011 film wasn't a hit(I liked it though) but that shouldn't make people skeptical of the inclusion of Hal Jordan.
Pretty sure the plan will be to have Hal pop up in "Justice League" at some point as kind of a seasoned pro GL, then in "Green Lantern Corps" (that is, if the movie even happens) we'll see John Stewart freshly becoming a GL and becoming partnered up with Hal. I'd almost bet the farm.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #311
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's... it's just mind boggling. Who in their right mind would literally begin the DC cinematic universe by doing both The Dark Knight Returns and The Death of Superman, all in one and right at the beginning? It's actually insane. It's completely retarded.

Say, Ben has been pretty quiet since all of these "rumors" started going around about him wanting out.
EXACTLY! 100% agree with you.

Yeah, it's strange. I think he's better than to say anything at this point since at the start of the year, he seemed really gung ho about directing and even went on Kimmel to confirm his role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEWUZdPniy4

Only to drop out of directing a few weeks later.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #312
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
It's almost as if they said, "Hey! Two birds with one stone!" NO! Mother-effin' hell, NO!

Quote:
Haha, I remember like in October he couldn't shut up about it! He seemed really excited that it would be a great movie and wanted to let everyone know. But now...

Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #313
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:

That was so dumb I mean the movie wrote itself it was Batman V Superman, you didn't need extra characters or plot just give us what the title told us and that's it, I guess TDKR was necessary to be used but not the death of superman as well and adding Doomsday/Luthor to the Mix, they specifically didn't even show him on MoS to build him up correctly but I don't mind that they did both since this is DC we're talking about and if Snyder hadn't done it maybe we would've never ever gotten to see it on the big screen.

Ben is likely quiet since every time he talks to the press to confirm that things are fine the spin it into him wanting out again. I do think he regrets signing up for it a bit but no way he quits or is actually trying to do it since it would just look bad like he gave up and he's still tainted by the bad reception the movies had if he sticks with it then at least he tried. This is without mentioning that he's a nerd so even with bad press and politics he's likely still psyched that he is Batman.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #314
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's almost as if they said, "Hey! Two birds with one stone!" NO! Mother-effin' hell, NO!
At the phase they were at they should have been entertaining the idea of doing neither one of them... but certainly not both of them at the same time.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #315
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

All I know is, if they're having this much trouble making a BATMAN movie, EVERYTHING is doomed.

That's like trying to convince others that you're a chef capable of making gourmet French cuisine, and then making a complete mess of a PB&J. "The J stands for Jalapeno, right?" "Peanut allergy isn't a real thing, right?" "Cutting a sandwich in half is for losers... here at Chef Cylons, WE cut our sandwiches into heptagons!"
Old 02-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #316
TheSkeletonMan939

Then the chef says that his sandwich is more evolved and more intellectual than the crap they're serving at the other established restaurant, which is in Phase 3 of its sandwich-making skills.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #317
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

It's also astonishing that we had to wait until 2017 for a Wonder Woman movie.

I hope it's good.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #318
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Then the chef says that his sandwich is more evolved and more intellectual than the crap they're serving at the other established restaurant, which is in Phase 3 of its sandwich-making skills.
Well real sandwiches don't come with dessert.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #319
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

I hope it's good.
And imagine what will happen if it's not, regardless of reasons?
Old 02-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #320
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post

I hope it's good.
Shouldn't be too hard to at least beat the first movie from 1974
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader