The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Have you ever watched The Fugitive tv series?

I was wondering if anyone here has watched The Fugitive tv series (the one made in the 1960s). I watched a few episodes of it recently and didn't think it was that good, to be honest. I liked the first ep but found the others too formulaic for my tastes. The show was probably great for its time, though. There was nothing else like it I think.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Did'nt this show break the mould at the time by having a legitimate conclusion? A lot of shows from that time period were not only formulaic, but they usually ended without any real finale.

I used to watch it every Sunday in the 90s, around the time the Harrison Ford adaptation of it came out. The movie is definitely my go-to version.

There was a brief attempt to bring it back with Tim Daly (of Superman: The Animated Series fame) in 1999, but nobody took to it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist

This show had an ending alright and has aged better than other shows that were on at around the same time such as The Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider. The 1993 film with Harrison Ford is one of my favourite films and was a good adaptation of the tv series, in my opinion.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I've never seen it

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I decided to give the original series another go and it started to grow on me after watching the ep Nightmare at Northoak. The show is a bit formulaic by today's standards, but the characters and stories are interesting enough to keep watching. It was ahead of its time and influenced the format of later tv shows such as The X-Files and Person of Interest.