The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #61
AquaParade
Banned

Alright, who's been using the monkey paw?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
So we'll have the new Bay's movie and this one produced by Netflix.
Let's call it the old... "one, two punch."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #63
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Well if netfilx do want to make an adult adaption I don't think it would be mirage rather would be idw for modern day audicance cause you know we live in modern times and black and white tmnt has been recoloerd cause black and white comics aren't popular anymore idw is a good start for modern adult tmnt fans.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #64
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
All that said, Netflix is in the process of opening their own animation studio, so they will be making in-house content at some point.
Hey that’s cool news. Script is the most important thing to me. Look at all the great stories Pixar has created. Those movies resonate with all audiences. Look at the opening of the movie “Up.” So I don’t need some super edgy adult thriller. I just need a great memorable story. I guess everyone has different things they want to see in TMNT. I think it might be impossible to please us all lol.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #65
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Well if netfilx do want to make an adult adaption I don't think it would be mirage rather would be idw for modern day audicance cause you know we live in modern times and black and white tmnt has been recoloerd cause black and white comics aren't popular anymore idw is a good start for modern adult tmnt fans.
Nobody's going to make a Sin City-styled black and white (and red) TMNT movie, pallie. If they go Mirage-based, they'll still be in color.

(And my saying this will give Andrew ulcers, but even if it's Mirage-based, it'll still be rainbow bandannas.)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #66
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well if netfilx do want to make an adult adaption I don't think it would be mirage
Is it just me, or does it seem like your sole objective here is to point out how anything new TMNT-wise ever is never, ever going to be Mirage and that how we should forget about Mirage?

Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #67
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like your sole objective here is to point out how anything new TMNT-wise ever is never, ever going to be Mirage and that how we should forget about Mirage?

http://disinherited.com/wp-content/u...mstances-3.jpg
Not saying that I just not everything has to be like mirage or idw just something we all can enjoy.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #68
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nobody's going to make a Sin City-styled black and white (and red) TMNT movie, pallie. If they go Mirage-based, they'll still be in color.

(And my saying this will give Andrew ulcers, but even if it's Mirage-based, it'll still be rainbow bandannas.)
Fair enough but what if it's mirage,Archie,and idw adaptions that neflixs releases.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #69
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Fair enough but what if it's mirage,Archie,and idw adaptions that neflixs releases.
Nick would have to drive that, and Nick doesn't care about the comics enough to dip their toe into adapting ONE version of comic TMNT, much less all three.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #70
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nick would have to drive that, and Nick doesn't care about the comics enough to dip their toe into adapting ONE version of comic TMNT, much less all three.
Man then adult tmnt by netflex won't happen then. I think most producers in the past tried to follow the comics more closely but did their own versions like all adaptions. Just imagine an adult tmnt with old hob apart of it sure he would be much different from the comics but still.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Just imagine an adult tmnt with old hob apart of it sure he would be much different from the comics but still.
Is that what they're doing?
Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #72
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Talented writers could blend fan favorite elements from all versions into something nice. The bigwigs wouldn’t be the wiser. I think all animation would be the way to go. The last 2 movies the CGI looked to fake and took me out of the movie experience.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Man then adult tmnt by netflex won't happen then.
They could probably give Netflix the rights to do it themselves, be it animated or a live action original Netflix series, but I question if Nick/Viacom would...but it would be nice.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #74
AquaParade
Banned

Lol, such a ridiculous moment this morning when I read the headline "Animated TMNT coming to Netflix".

Like, that's been one avenue we've been discussing forever as an a potential home for an animated TMNT in the vein of the Mirage or IDW comics.

It was that one possibility that seemed just out of reach, but close enough to hope for.

Then you see the headline, before you have even had your coffee, wondering if you're really awake, only to find out it's for "Rise".

I'm being dramatic, but I know I'm not alone in the general sentiment.

Now on the positive side: I believe we've heard either Bobby or Tom mention that one of the dreams for the IDW team would be to contribute to an animated, more mature-oriented adaption of the TMNT for some type of streaming service or home-release. While I'm not putting any money on it yet, it is possible that this opens the door a bit for that. It's not what we want, but it's not necessarily the complete opposite of what we want, if you know what I mean.

It could be. But it could also open the door for something better.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #75
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Lol, such a ridiculous moment this morning when I read the headline "Animated TMNT coming to Netflix".

Like, that's been one avenue we've been discussing forever as an a potential home for an animated TMNT in the vein of the Mirage or IDW comics.

It was that one possibility that seemed just out of reach, but close enough to hope for.

Then you see the headline, before you have even had your coffee, wondering if you're really awake, only to find out it's for "Rise".

I'm being dramatic, but I know I'm not alone in the general sentiment.
No you are NOT alone. Not by a long shot. We suffer together, brother.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #76
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nope, and was exactly the sentiment of my first response to this here.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #77
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

http://disinherited.com/wp-content/u...mstances-3.jpg
It's not just you. They've seemed like a troll with the sole intention of ruffling Mirage feathers (namely you) from day one.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's not just you. They've seemed like a troll with the sole intention of ruffling Mirage feathers (namely you) from day one.
Seriously. I'm not even talking about Mirage stuff and they're chasing me around about Mirage.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #79
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Seriously. I'm not even talking about Mirage stuff and they're chasing me around about Mirage.
Sorry I get confuse sometimes and I am a guy in his early 20's
Old 02-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #80
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Eh, I'm optimistic. This franchise has done so many different things that at this point I feel it could do anything and it would work out fine. Personally, I've enjoyed every version for different reasons. Sure, I have my favorites, but there's no one I really hate. Even the current series is starting to grow on me. So if they want to make a movie, bring it on. I'll watch it, I'll probably like it, and even if I don't, there will be new ones in the future when the franchise inevitably reboots itself again.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote