The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #181
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Yeah, not everyone got to mutate into something cute, haha. I like that idea, I might try to work something like that in there. The gross lobster mutant like "Easy for YOU to say, you got to be an adorable salamander!"

It's tough figuring out how much (if at all) to explore the body horror aspect of mutation, like the stuff you mention in your other post, like I'd be able to do an entire series focusing only on people adjusting to mutation but as it is I'd have to juggle those things with the regular goings-on of TMNT, and it might take time away from the core characters too much since the 4 usual Turtles have never dealt with that. I don't know, it's tricky. I've definitely thought about it, in any case! I really want to do a mini-series about Mutant Town citizens without any of the adventure and ninja stuff from the ongoing and focus entirely on how people are dealing with it all.
There's all kinda ideas. How about a drug dealer that was mutated into a poisen tree frog/toad that tries to take over mutant town by creating a halcinigic drug from their slime. It could be a psa issue. Hey its worked for dc and marvel, not to mention they could also have a minion that's a turkey.

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 03-29-2020 at 04:56 PM.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #182
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
There's all kinda ideas. How about a drug dealer that was mutated into a poisen tree frog/toad that tries to take over mutant town by creating a halcinigic drug from their slime. It could be a psa issue. Hey its worked for dc and marvel, not to mention they could also have a minion that's a turkey.
Now might be a good time to mention some salamanders secrete poison via their skin. This could be another advantage of Mona Lisa's mutation, though we already have Ray and his barbs which could feel too similar.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #183
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
There may be a poison dart frog character coming up...
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #184
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There may be a poison dart frog character coming up...

"crack!" "ow, my back!"

lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #185
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Interesting...

I do agree you could do a mini series (or an RPG setting) based in Mutant Town. Your ‘create a character’ possibilities are massive.

To touch on what I was going to say in my eaten post, TMNT has generally downplayed the body horror part of mutation for the sake of comedy or being geared toward kids. As a 10 year old, being turned into mutant sounded cool!

The healing properties of the ooze are an interesting factor for some people, I’m sure. We saw the squirrel lady who used to have arthritis comment on that. How many people in wheelchair or with chronic illness suddenly could walk or found themselves cured?

I’m just imagining that perhaps our hypothetical lobster lady was a girl who really loved her red hair because it looked like her mother’s vs, say a skinny short guy with severe asthma who suddenly is an 7 foot tall Dire Wolf out of a werewolf paranormal romance novel. Might have different reactions.

But I wouldn’t want that to be the primary focus per se! Equally interesting is watching the Turtles, Alopex, Sally et all react to actually being able to walk around in public, go to concerts, you know, somewhat normal people stuff! They’ve literally never experienced it before and it’s fun to watch them experience that.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #186
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
How many people in wheelchair or with chronic illness suddenly could walk or found themselves cured?
Why am I suddenly thinking of a formerly wheelchair-ridden person having to deal with becoming a mutant spider in a "Be careful what you wish for" scenario?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:56 PM   #187
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

These mutants would have abilities based on what animal they mutated too. Canines and Felines can see in the dark and have heighten sense of smell. Something that will be useful to sense if somebody is around and hiding somewhere in plain sight. They can detect their scent.

You could have people that may have lost a limb or two. and there mutation resulted in them growing back those limbs.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #188
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Hmm, would you trade in your ability to see color to smell like a dog?

Hold up, I just realized...where is Lindsey? Is she outside with the humans? She was key to Hob creating the mutagen bomb.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #189
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Hmm, would you trade in your ability to see color to smell like a dog?

Hold up, I just realized...where is Lindsey? Is she outside with the humans? She was key to Hob creating the mutagen bomb.
and getting all wet and smelling like a wet dog.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #190
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Sally mentions Lindsey in #102, she was evacuated along with the other humans. I really like Lindsey so I've been brainstorming how she might come back.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #191
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Sally mentions Lindsey in #102, she was evacuated along with the other humans. I really like Lindsey so I've been brainstorming how she might come back.
Doh, of course I’d skip over that. I wouldn’t suspect she’d still be working with Hob, though I do wonder if that means Hob will be looking for someone else to handle the “Science” side of things in his operation.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:49 AM   #192
Igglet
Hench Mutant

Lindsey trying to enter Mutant Town:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5nV9aKthU
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 AM   #193
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Okay, one more on the mutant, plus/minus chart: I don’t think non human hands are going to work on a touch screen. Somebody is going to make a killing selling stylus pens to mutants.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #194
Igglet
Hench Mutant

First mutant on OnlyFans when???
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #195
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

So do we have confirmation on whether or not #105 is getting delayed, or will the delays start after April? Cause I've gotten conflicting information on that.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:42 AM   #196
Mayhem
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
So do we have confirmation on whether or not #105 is getting delayed, or will the delays start after April? Cause I've gotten conflicting information on that.
#104 is the last TMNT issue for now, at least physically.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #197
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Been contemplating this:

Lindsey is an accessory to a terrorist group now and helped make the bomb, albeit unwittingly (I am remembering this correctly right?) The EPF knows she is involved with them from capturing her way back in the arc where they used Slash to attack them, and Null knows that as well. Lindsey worked for Stockman, he'd know she was one of the few who could have helped Hob make a device like that and he obviously has contacts with both Null and the EPF. I could see him bringing Lindsey in, and, as mayor, offering her a deal.

She of course could help working on a cure for the mutation. But maybe they ask her to go back in as a mole? It's a bit of a stretch Hob wouldn't see through it, but perhaps she goes first to Sally and any other former Mutanimals that are against Hob and act as a way to give them information.

Total fanfiction time: What if Lindsey were mutated*? By Null I mean, as part of her cover. She could even use the 'easy reverse' mutation the soldiers used back in Dreadmon's issue**. She can then either present herself to Hob as having little choice in coming to work for him as a mutant or, more dangerously, even present herself as another mutated scientist altogether.

*Yes I know, I was one of those people speculating about her mutating all through the Mutanimals mini series, I know it's good to have human characters among the mutants yadda yadda just stay with me!

**Diversion: I do wonder about that, did it only work on their mutation, is there a time limit to the change? Possibilities there, if Lindsey say, has to change back, at least briefly every 48 hours or so or the mutation is permanent.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 04-03-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is online now   Reply With Quote