The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's not even referring to Slash, but the two characters in shadows. Slash hasn't even been "gone."
Neither has Old Hob. Both last appeared in #70. If "gone" refers to anything between Slash and Old Hob its the fact that Slash was left under Agent Bishop's mind implant. So Slash is gone in the sense of losing himself to Bishop's control.

I had not considered Old Hob and the Mutanimals as an extension being involved in this arc. Slash yes, but not the others. Hob helping the Triceratons as their point person on Earth? It does make sense. Hopefully Slash will break free from Agent Bishop after this. Agent Bishop teaming with the TMNT as allies of convenience does ring as expected, Hob with Zog not a go to conclusion but one that does click.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #22
ChosenOne
Banned

A four-way war between the Turtles, the Mutanimals, the EPF and the Triceratons already sounds like the best thing ever, and then the Foot and the Purple Dragons are brought into the mix...

So hyped for this arc! Almost as much as Hob is gonna be irrevocably mad at the Turtles that they've sided with Bishop against their fellow mutants!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's not even referring to Slash, but the two characters in shadows. Slash hasn't even been "gone."
You guys are all reading way too much into this.

Slash and Bishop. That's it.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #24
funatic
Mad Scientist

Yeah I’m not seeing Hob in that sillouette. Maybe just a second Triceraton from a different angle. I think Tom’s use of “greet you” is a pretty straightforward reference to what Bishop is doing to said Triceratons in the picture. Way to really stir the goss pot tho Tom, plz stop in with sneak peeks more often!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You guys are all reading way too much into this.

Slash and Bishop. That's it.
Yeah, that's what I think
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #26
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Hey now! I was harping on the Mutanimals and/or Turtles teaming with the Triceratons as soon as this arc was announced!

The only problem is...what do the Triceratons need Old Hob and the Mutanimals for exactly? Honestly aside from his supply of Mutagen the only thing would be his intel and experience with Bishop, which isn't much. They'd basically be taking him in as a charity case. As is though, it'd be completely out of character for Hob...or really any of the Mutanimals to take the side of Bishop who is, as we see here, using their friend Slash as a weapon. Come to think of it...yeah how do the Turtles reconcile that? No way they are unambiguiously helping Bishop unless the Triceratons start blowing up cities. Which, they might do, who knows?

My actual sympathies and opinion on this whole matter will depend on how this hashes out. Do the Triceratons offer an olive branch, does Earth try to cut a reasonable deal? Probably not if Bishop is the one negoiating.

A few questions: How many Triceratons are there? Are we talking a population of billions floating in orbit? A couple million? A few hundred thousand? That matters in terms of how practical finding a home for them to live might be and in how reasonable an Earth defense is.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
The only problem is...what do the Triceratons need Old Hob and the Mutanimals for exactly? Honestly aside from his supply of Mutagen the only thing would be his intel and experience with Bishop, which isn't much. They'd basically be taking him in as a charity case.
Remember back in #37, when Shredder warned Krang about the consequences of taking over Earth as an extradimensional invader without having a native to act as a liaison between their peoples? Or the various similar warnings made to Daenerys regarding an invasion of Westeros over on Game of Thrones? Or the role of Patrick Dempsey's character in Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

My best guess is that Hob would fill that position, thus being extremely valuable to their cause. And he gets his own way too, what with the entire might of the Triceratons at his side to oppose the humans that severely outnumber his neophyte mutant race so far.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #28
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Hob’s band of Mutanimals doesn’t even constitute a ‘race’ yet. There are...what, two dozen Mutants in the world right now? Hob can’t really act as a liason for the human race.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Hob’s band of Mutanimals doesn’t even constitute a ‘race’ yet. There are...what, two dozen Mutants in the world right now? Hob can’t really act as a liason for the human race.
I meant for Earthlings in general. I doubt the Triceratons will care about the distinction, or they will fall for Hob's spin on things. And Bishop attacking them right out of the gate won't help at all.

You do have a point with how few mutants there are right now. Though the Triceratons themselves are mutated Earth animals, so they already bolster the mutant "race"'s ranks by quite a lot.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:38 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully Slash breaks away from Bishop this arc, I don't want to see him be a mind controlled slave for Bishop much longer.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote