The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't think those Leia is a Disney princess now are all jokes, some are but not all and if Pixar girls are now becoming princesses then I guess why not? I don't know how Disney Princesses are doing now but I'm guessing decent enough but you definitely don't see merchandise everywhere like you used to, and even if not they had a good run giving Disney plenty of money in the 00's, same with Tinkerbell. Ironically the reason they did the Marvel/Star Wars acquisitions which is now what Disney is focusing on was because they wanted to get the boy market once again, they already had the girls market with the Princesses and their live action shows. Disney tried a few times with Power Rangers but it didn't work and instead sold them for cheap and went for Marvel.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #22
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not really. There was all sorts of stuff about "Princess Leia is a Disney princess now because Lucas sold!! OMG, I'm so clever that I just figured that out!!" a few years ago, and also BS more recently like, "If Disney gets to buy Fox, that means Ripley and/or the Alien Queen is a Disney 'princess' too!!! ZOMG!!!" No, it doesn't mean that. It means you're probably a hipster.

Dumb. Dumb. Right up there with stuff like, "______ actor/actress says they want to play _____ comic book movie role!!" articles. As in meaningless.
All of those are just jokes...or better said, people trying to be funny/clever and failing. Nobody genuinely believes that those characters are going to JOIN the official Disney Princess lineup, they're just throwing the term "Disney Princess" around without really knowing what that means.

For example, Anna and Elsa from Frozen, Moana, and Elena of Avalor are NOT Disney Princesses. They are princess/royal characters from Disney, but they are not a part of the official lineup. Most people don't know this and assume they are because they don't even realize that there IS an official lineup. It's not that hard to understand.

Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel and Merida are, as of right now, the only official Disney Princesses. Anna and Elsa were supposed to be added but Frozen got so popular that they made it's own franchise, and they wanted the same thing to happen with Moana but it in no way shape or form did, so she might end up getting added at some point.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #23
drgon78
Mad Scientist

As someone who works in retail I remember when the Disney Princess line first started and Alice from Alice Wonderland was actual part of the line but only very shortly.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #24
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
As someone who works in retail I remember when the Disney Princess line first started and Alice from Alice Wonderland was actual part of the line but only very shortly.
Yep, and Tinker bell, Esmeralda and Jane from Tarzan were all included at one point too!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #25
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

When I met Paige O'Hara back in April I told her how much she and the character of Belle have meant to me in my life. I have always loved both Belle and the film Beauty and the Beast, but in late 2008 I began to love both of them even more than I did before. There was a man who was so incredibly rude to me, but everyone else thought he was the greatest guy in the entire world. This situation and his egotistical personality made him so much like Gaston. I really was the only person to see him for who he truly was. When I told Paige my story and how I loved how the fact that Belle knew how much of a jerk Gaston was and she didn't care if everyone else loved him that truly meant a lot me.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #26
ABrown
Banned

I'm partial to this girl right here...

Last edited by ABrown; 08-16-2020 at 08:38 AM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm just going to leave this here in regards to Cinderella

And this in regards to Belle

Leave these poor women alone and let them be the unmovable bricks that they are. I'll defend them with a blunt stick.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-09-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #28
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Since the “Dream Big Princess” campaign has been such a success, the initiative will provide 21 girls and women from 13 different countries with the opportunity to develop short films about those real world women who inspire them.

https://insidethemagic.net/2018/07/d...le-filmmakers/
Old 08-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #29
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

For the past three years towards the end of summer, this has been one of my favorite things to watch before I go back to work.

While Moana hasn't officially joined the line-up yet, Disney has just recently released a new song and music video with her voice actress Auli'i Cravalho. The song is titled "Live Your Story" and its part of the 'Dream Big Princess' campaign.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #30
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The directors of Ralph Breaks the Internet were asked if the Princesses could carry their own movie by themselves.

Quote:
Phil Johnston: Someone could do it, yeah.

Rich Moore: Definitely. It's, again, it depends on how the audience reacts to it...

Phil Johnston: And what's the story? It's always that for me. If there's a good story to be told...
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...ctors-weigh-in

I believe it can be done if they get the right people behind it.

Also, here are some of the voice actresses being interviewed at the premiere of the movie along with Sarah Silverman. Irene Bedard (Pocahontas) was also there, but they didn't interview her.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

People need to stop flipping their **** over that cameo in Wreck It Ralph. They're making a bigger deal of this than when we got that scene with all the videogame villains in the first one.

I'm glad at least Sonic got some lines in the sequel. Good to see some of the video game characters will cameo after all.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #32
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
People need to stop flipping their **** over that cameo in Wreck It Ralph. They're making a bigger deal of this than when we got that scene with all the videogame villains in the first one.
The Disney Princess brand is extremely popular and the movie marks the first time all of the characters have shared the screen together. It's also a special movie for Paige O'Hara because in 2011 she had originally replaced as the voice of Belle. She was sad at first, but then she accepted this change because her voice had matured too much, but Disney still decided to have her come back, which is awesome, instead of having her replacement Julie Nathanson doing Belle's voice.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #33
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Now that Disney owns Fox, its nice to have Elinore from the classic 1970's movie "Wizards" will be a Disney Princess.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #34
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The Little Mermaid is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. It will be re-released on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD next month, but that's not all. It will also be the first Disney Princess movie to receive a release in 4K Ultra HD. Jodi Benson shared this message earlier today. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to meet her last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Benson
Our 30th Anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been 30 amazing, incredible years. So very thankful. Thru my tears I say thank you to a beautiful mermaid who changed my life forever & to our awe inspiring film that changed the world of animation forever. I am so honored to be POYW
https://twitter.com/thejodibenson/st...01131704832000
Old 01-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So are they gonna remake Little Mermaid? The animation in Wreck it Ralph of Ariel is a good glimpse of what if they utilize modern cgi for the film. Just imagine that.

Or if we still gonna root for the upcoming live action film, it better be at least at par or even better than Aquaman's Mera. She's literally perfect as Ariel, I doubt Disney can top that.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 AM   #36
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Personally I think they should just make a animated Disney Princess movie with the animation style used in Wreck It Ralph 2.

I really did like Ariel's design in that movie though it helped she was animated by one of the original animators from her movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #37
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I love both Jodi Benson and Paige O'Hara so much!

Old 08-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #38
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Last year, Moana officially joined the line-up. However, she actually wasn't given a coronation ceremony like Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida. They just added her to the official website.

https://princess.disney.com/

Meanwhile Mary Costa, Aurora's original voice actress, has made the difficult decision that she will no longer be accepting fan-mail anymore. Back in 2016, she made the decision not to respond to fans, but now any fan-man sent to her will be donated to charity.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/08/s...ss-letter-lp1/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 08-14-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #39
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Sofia, Calla and Elena are DISNEY and Princesses, but not a Disney Princess. Makes no sense to me.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #40
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Tiana and Moana are getting their own TV shows on Disney+

‘Moana,’ ‘Cars,’ ‘Princess and the Frog’ Spinoff Series Set for Disney Plus

Meanwhile, Irene Bedard, the voice of Pocahontas, was arrested twice in three days. If I were Disney, I would find a replacement.

‘Pocahontas’ Voice Actress Arrested Twice in Three Days