The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 07:12 PM   #15201
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Did Sheamus and Cesaro do the DBZ Fusion Dance pose just now or did I hallucinate?
Old 08-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #15202
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The perfect example of a wrestling Twitter meltdown

If you want the condensed version:

>Dude known as UnderhookDDT or GIFElite as he last went by went on a tirade against other GIFfers.

>Bitched that CZW chose another guy over him as their social media person for their iPPVs (and the dude they chose was giffing every single iPPV for the past 3 years or so).

>Hates PROGRESS Wrestling because they asked him to link their website in his GIFs, and apparently he told them no and that a hashtag was sufficient enough.

>Started charging people $500 bucks a month on his Patreon for "unlimited gifs"

>Became anti-government after New Japan started muting some of the theme songs on their shows due to copyright and he took that as a form of censorship.

>Started telling people he was going to "kill them, their families and make it into a GIF" after people were questioning the change in attitude.

>Blocked everyone he pissed off with the death threats, then deleted all the tweets from the past day and changed his name to "Goodbye".

So people, a lesson is to be learned here...wrestling GIFs are serious business, especially when you're charging people money to make 3 second looping clips for them.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).

Last edited by The Deadman; 08-01-2017 at 12:35 PM.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #15203
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Did Sheamus and Cesaro do the DBZ Fusion Dance pose just now or did I hallucinate?
yep, they sure as hell did. XD

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #15204
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Great match between Cena and Nakamura.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:08 AM   #15205
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I was wrong, looks like Orton will have a Summerslam match after all. But geez, against Rusev? I know Orton probably needs a solid victory after losing three straight title matches, but Rusev is too good a performer to be used just to job to top tier guys.

But hey, at least the match will probably be good because of Rusev, right? Not like Randy is batting a thousand here. It's like the guy has been on a quest to have every spot in the top ten worst matches of the year, so far.

I hope they actually have some kind of answer for the Fashion Files segments. It's gotta be Harper and Rowan reunited, right? Nothing else makes sense. Also, the fact that there are so few possibilities kind of exposes how shallow the tag division of Smackdown is right now. Raw's not a whole lot better, but at least they have the Top Guys over there, as well as Sheamus and Cesaro. For heels, Smackdowns just got the Usos and Ascension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Great match between Cena and Nakamura.
That shoulder and neck landing near the end was scary though. Thankfully John Cena is the real life version of Wolverine so it seems he's fine, but still, hell of a knock. Regardless, I'm glad Nak won. I was thinking Cena was kind of inevitable, but then, I should probably stop thinking the Cena of now is the Cena of the past, because he's actually been putting people over with clean losses the past year and a half, even if he still wins most of his matches.

Dude knows his time is short and seems content to try and put over the people that will be there when he steps back from active competition.

Quote:
yep, they sure as hell did. XD
I'm glad it's not just me, because for a second I wondered if someone dropped hallucinogenics in my water. Least expected possible reference in a while. At least from them. I might have expected it from New Day. They already did DBZ cosplay at Wrestlemania.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 AM   #15206
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Cena lost cause there's rumors swirling of him going to Raw full time after Summerslam, making the SD roster even smaller

Bayley Injured During Raw – SummerSlam Match in Jeopardy
https://411mania.com/wrestling/bayle...atch-jeopardy/

Old 08-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #15207
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Eva Marie is finally gone from WWE.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #15208
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Not the greatest loss. To be fair, though, her terribleness in the ring got her monster heat. Remember when people thought they might have her take the NXT Womens Championship from Bayley? I'm not sure anyone has had such consistently negative reactions since Vickie Guerrero. Even Roman Reigns has some cheers.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #15209
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Cena lost cause there's rumors swirling of him going to Raw full time after Summerslam, making the SD roster even smaller

Bayley Injured During Raw – SummerSlam Match in Jeopardy
https://411mania.com/wrestling/bayle...atch-jeopardy/
Dumb. The main issue with I have with with the two shows having different rosters is everything being spread too thin. I think that like, for example, all Tag Teams should be on Raw and then the entire Women's Division should be on Smackdown. Each show has like what, six or seven women? If they were all on one show, it would be dope.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #15210
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Loved the match between Cena and Nakamura though that move where he fell on his head was pretty bad. Luckily, he's okay from it and Nakamura did make sure he was okay and said he was sorry.

Never was a fan of the split rosters anyway as I do feel things are spread thin among who is on what brand. I wish they would just keep everyone together on both brands.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #15211
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Never was a fan of the split rosters anyway as I do feel things are spread thin among who is on what brand. I wish they would just keep everyone together on both brands.
I'd like it if the wrestlers could occasionally challenge the champions of another brand.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #15212
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Personally, I've always preferred it, because it gave a lot of guys chances they might not have otherwise (I don't believe for a second Booker T, Mark Henry or Christian would ever have held a world title in WWE without the first one). Also, Smackdown was completely worthless "wrestling for the sake of wrestling" prior to the split, to the point I watched it maybe once a month, if that. It might as well have been another Superstars, just with a few more people watching.

Plus, if one show is garbage, there's always the chance the other isn't. See Smackdown prior to the "Shake-Up", which was top shelf every week at a time that Raw was a dumpster fire whenever Braun wasn't on screen throwing Roman off loading docks and tipping ambulances. Or the Heyman Smackdown during the original brand years. They're a bit more even in quality right now, I think, but I don't think we get things like the Fashion Files if both shows aren't doing their own unique things. So it has a lot of advantages and I think it's worth more to have it than not.

That said, I agree with Cure on the split womens and tag rosters. They didn't think that through. I'd have put the women on Raw, which has three hours to play with, and tag teams on Smackdown, personally. Gives more to play with all around. We don't need a womens and tag division a piece when WWE doesn't really have enough female talent or tag teams right now to justify it.

Quote:
I'd like it if the wrestlers could occasionally challenge the champions of another brand.
I think we'll see that at some point. It happened occasionally during the first brand era. They'd win the right to challenge a champion and be like "I'm gonna challenge the other brand champ" and jump to the other brand. Happened once or twice with Rumble winners.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #15213
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You do have a point, but I agree about splitting tag teams and the women as they definitely don't have enough of either on their brands. I think challenging other champions from different brands would be cool.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #15214
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Personally, I've always preferred it, because it gave a lot of guys chances they might not have otherwise (I don't believe for a second Booker T, Mark Henry or Christian would ever have held a world title in WWE without the first one). Also, Smackdown was completely worthless "wrestling for the sake of wrestling" prior to the split, to the point I watched it maybe once a month, if that. It might as well have been another Superstars, just with a few more people watching.

Plus, if one show is garbage, there's always the chance the other isn't. See Smackdown prior to the "Shake-Up", which was top shelf every week at a time that Raw was a dumpster fire whenever Braun wasn't on screen throwing Roman off loading docks and tipping ambulances. Or the Heyman Smackdown during the original brand years. They're a bit more even in quality right now, I think, but I don't think we get things like the Fashion Files if both shows aren't doing their own unique things. So it has a lot of advantages and I think it's worth more to have it than not.

That said, I agree with Cure on the split womens and tag rosters. They didn't think that through. I'd have put the women on Raw, which has three hours to play with, and tag teams on Smackdown, personally. Gives more to play with all around. We don't need a womens and tag division a piece when WWE doesn't really have enough female talent or tag teams right now to justify it.

I think we'll see that at some point. It happened occasionally during the first brand era. They'd win the right to challenge a champion and be like "I'm gonna challenge the other brand champ" and jump to the other brand. Happened once or twice with Rumble winners.
I pretty much agree with all this.

Even with the brand split, guys like Cena, Orton, and Batista would still rise but not at the same speed. Without it, the likes of Christian, Mark Henry, Jeff Hardy (maybe), and possibly Kane getting one more run or even CM Punk would never have gotten a chance. It does give each show a good flavor. 2009 was a big example going into the summer: RAW had McMahons/Triple H/John Cena vs Randy Orton as the big rivalry, stuff we've seen. On Smackdown, however, we got a different feud on top with Jeff Hardy and CM Punk, which remains one of my favorite feuds of the era.

As for separate divisions, I really wish Smackdown had the Cruiserweight division instead of Raw, or at least integrated them into other divisions. I know lately Sasha and Titus O'Neil have made appearances, moreso the latter as of now, but it's relatively irritating considering in the past, the crusierweights did that. Jack Gallagher in the Royal Rumble is the only time (to my knowledge) that crusierweights entered something not apart of their division since the CWC.

Also, for Rumble winners, Benoit jumped ship in 2004. I'm not sure if Randy Orton in 2009 counts as a separate brand from the WWE title due to it flipping around with the World Heavyweight title. Not sure if there was another, as almost everyone stayed on their respective brands.

As for Eva Marie, it sucks because she was one of the only legitimate heels that fans hated since the brand split. Eh, oh well, she was eye candy. I do respect for her trying to get better in the ring, but otherwise it's not a big loss. Unless Lana seemingly doing Eva's role is a loss, I'm not sure.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:30 AM   #15215
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Without it, the likes of Christian, Mark Henry, Jeff Hardy (maybe), and possibly Kane getting one more run or even CM Punk would never have gotten a chance.
Same for Bryan. Without the initial World Heavyweight Championship reign that went over well - and that nonsense eighteen second job that incensed fans - I'm not sure we ever get on that rocky, rocky road to him eventually winning everything in Wrestlemania XXX. Punk's even harder to predict. Does he even get the shot at the career making promo if he didn't get his first taste of world title glory with the WHC and the following heel turn and dredging of Jeff Hardy through the mud over drug use? Henry and Kane sure as hell don't get one more dance with glory in a scenario without it, even if they'd earned it.

Quote:
On Smackdown, however, we got a different feud on top with Jeff Hardy and CM Punk, which remains one of my favorite feuds of the era.
Everyone loves post-pipebomb Punk, but a lot of people sleep on that period from the heel turn on Hardy on where he morphed into the Straight Edged Savior and eventually the New Nexus. To be honest, I prefer it. He had a lot of character then and seemed like he was enjoying himself more, or at least putting more passion into it. Whereas after the initial WWE Summer of Punk, Punk just sort of became the pipebomb, if that makes sense, in that it defined him and he didn't have a ton else for a while. Once he started moving past that, he was already visibly losing interest in everything and not putting in his best effort.

He was still very good and post-pipebomb Punk is important, but I enjoyed him as a character more before that.

Quote:
As for separate divisions, I really wish Smackdown had the Cruiserweight division instead of Raw, or at least integrated them into other divisions.
I think the only reason that doesn't happen is because Raw usually has more eyeballs on it and also had three hours on the main product to promote. The downside is, of course, that the Raw writers have often sucked for the first half of the year, at least, and never seem to have anything interesting for the cruiserweights, though the Neville vs Aries feud was fun.

Quote:
Also, for Rumble winners, Benoit jumped ship in 2004. I'm not sure if Randy Orton in 2009 counts as a separate brand from the WWE title due to it flipping around with the World Heavyweight title. Not sure if there was another, as almost everyone stayed on their respective brands.
Wasn't there a MitB holder that jumped brands before each show had its own briefcase, or am I remembering wrong?

Edge was another big brand switch. Remember the night he lost the WHC in the first chamber match, weaseled his way into the WWE title match and then won that? One of my favorite moments in his career.

I think Batista jumped one year, too. So it's happened.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #15216
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The most recent one to switch brands after winning a MITB was Jack Swagger in 2010, he won at the Mania that year then jumped to Smackdown. CM Punk was on ECW when he won his first MITB but then cashed in on Edge his first night after being drafted to Raw. Then we have Edge, who was on Raw but beat Kennedy for the briefcase and then cashed in on Undertaker on Smackdown, so technically we can count that one too but he didnt originally win the case before switching shows.

Some show results from last night

CHIKARA Chikarasaurus Rex: Flesh and Stone Results 08/05/2017
Quote:
Credit: The CHIKARA Special

Commentary is provided by Scott Holladay, Sidney Bakabella, Mike Quackenbush

1. Bike Cops (Dez Peloton (Jasper Tippins & Donald Kluger) & Officer Warren Barksdale) defeated Sloan Caprice, Hermit Crab, & Cajun Crawdad in 11:19 with a Shatter Machine on Caprice.

2. Missile Assault Man defeats The Whisper in 8:15 by disqualification when The Whisper low blows Missile Assault Man with his yo-yo.

3. Young Lions Cup: Razerhawk retains the Cup in 7:22, defeating Everett Connors with a Swanton Bomb.

4. Sarcophagus Match: Hallowicked defeats Ophidian in about 14:00, giving Ophidian a tombstone into the Sarcophogus and closing it shut.
– Ophidian originally wanted to face Frightmare, but Hallowicked came out and claimed Frightmare wasn’t in the building. During the match, Frightmare interfered and assisted Hallowicked in attacking Ophidian and locking the Sarcophagus shut.
– A group of druids and The Snow Troll put the Sarcophagus in a white van. The Whisper reveals himself to be one of the druids before driving the white van away.

5. Dasher Hatfield defeated Merlok in 10:36 with a running Liger Bomb. This makes Dasher the first person to ever defeat Merlok by pinfall or submission.

6. Race Jaxon defeats Sylverhawk via Disqualification in 2:55 when the returning

Hype Rockwell interfered and hit Race Jaxon with the Hyperwheel!
7. The Furies (Fire Ant, Icarus, Solo Darling & Travis Huckabee) defeated Oleg the Usurper, Kobald, Sonny Defarge & Cornelius Crummels in 17:55 when Darling pinned Kobald with the Tail Spin.

8. Grand Championship: Juan Francisco de Coronado retains, making Rory Gulak pass out in the Coronado Clutch at 13:04.

9. Encore Match: ‘Mr. Touchdown’ Mark Angelosetti pins Jeremy Leary in 4:12 with the Flea Flicker. This win gives Touchdown his third point and a Grand Championship opportunity.
CZW 08/05/17 Once in a Lifetime Results
Quote:
Credit: http://www.wrestling-news.net
Aerial Assault Match
Ace Romero defeated Ken Broadway, Smiley, Mike Greca, Brandon Watts, Jason Gory, Anthony Bennett, Kit Osbourne, Pandita and Jimmy Lloyd

CZW Wired Championship Match
Maxwell Jacob Friedman (c) defeated John Silver to retain

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
The Storm Of Entrails (Dan O’Hare & SHLAK) defeated The Awakening (Stockade & G-Raver) and Hideki Hosaka & RAIJIN-Yaguchi.

Tim Donst defeated Austin Shakespeare.

CZW Championship Match
Shane Strickland (c) defeated MASADA to retain

The Final Chapter
Lio Rush defeated Joey Janela.

Singles Match (Once In A Lifetime Match)
Matt Tremont vs. Atsushi Onita originally started as a singles match, but ended up becoming a 6 Man Tag Team Match, as during the match, RAIJIN-Yaguchi and Hideki Hosaka attacked Matt Tremont, only for Danny Havoc & Rickey Shane Page to come out and make the save.

6 Man Tag Team Match (Team CZW vs. Team FMW)

Team FMW (Atsushi Onita, RAIJIN-Yaguchi & Hideki Hosaka) defeated Team CZW (Matt Tremont, Danny Havoc & Rickey Shane Page).
– Post-match, Onita got on the mic and challenged Tremont to come to Japan for another match, with Onita putting over that this time, there will be real explosions. Tremont got on the mic and told him that he will see him in Japan in October as Onita continued slapping him throughout his promo.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:54 AM   #15217
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Edge was another big brand switch. Remember the night he lost the WHC in the first chamber match, weaseled his way into the WWE title match and then won that? One of my favorite moments in his career.
Yeah, though you got the belts mixed up there. Edge lost the WWE ttile in the Chamber at No Way out 2009, then won the WHC from Cena [last pinning Rey Mysterio] in the other Chamber match.

Because Cena was a RAW guy, he, Edge and Big Show would frequently appear on that show in the build to 'Mania, and the WHC stayed on RAW for a few weeks after 'Mania when Cena won it back, and reverted back to SD when Edge took the title at Backlash 2009
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #15218
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yeah, though you got the belts mixed up there. Edge lost the WWE ttile in the Chamber at No Way out 2009, then won the WHC from Cena [last pinning Rey Mysterio] in the other Chamber match.
My bad. You're right. Not sure why I mixed the two up.

Quote:
The most recent one to switch brands after winning a MITB was Jack Swagger in 2010, he won at the Mania that year then jumped to Smackdown.
Not coincidentally the last Wrestlemania MitB before they gave a match per brand on its own PPV.

They should just move the MitB back to Wrestlemania at this point. Making the PPV a Smackdown only deal this year suggests they won't be doing it for both brands anymore, which was the point of the PPV. Besides which, they'll need something to replace the annual Undertaker match.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #15219
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Enzo Amore is now WWE's most disliked wrestler backstage

Took the place of Austin Aries

Old 08-08-2017, 01:00 AM   #15220
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Ah man, don't mention A-Double, still makes me sad

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276