The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 01:33 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

August 2017 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #73

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Cory Smith (a & c)

“Trial of Krang,” Part 1 of 3. Infamous warlord Krang is set to go to trial in Dimension X. The Turtles are on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly. Of course it goes anything but! New villains, new worlds, and new intrigue await in the biggest interstellar adventure the TMNT have ever been on!

Bullet points:

• The start of an epic space adventure that will have reverberations for many issues to come
• Powerhouse artist Cory Smith (Nova, X-Men) returns!
• The IDW TMNT ongoing is now the longest-running TMNT series of ALL TIME!
• Variant cover by Julio Das Pastoras!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Spoiler:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #13

Erik Burnham (w) • Sophie Campbell (a) • Freddie Williams II (c)

“Karai’s Path,” part 2 of 4. As Karai becomes embroiled in the Tokyo underworld, an ancient sword may show her the true path forward… if she can overcome the obstacles guarding it!

Bullet points:

• A vision from the past will reveal the future of the Foot Clan!
• Variant cover by Becky Cloonan!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Spoiler:

Last edited by AlZarkovski; 06-19-2017 at 11:22 PM.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:34 AM   #2
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X #01

Paul Allor (w) • Pablo Tunica (a) • Nick Pitarra (c)

The Turtles journey to find a reclusive and indestructible empath— only to find that the assassin Hakk-R has found him first… and convinced him that the Turtles are the enemy!

Bullet points:

• Directly ties in to the exciting events of the main series, “The Trial of Krang!”
• Continuing the events from Free Comic Book Day!
• Variant cover by Kevin Eastman!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Spoiler:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X #02

Ulises Farinas & Erick Freitas (w) • Michael Dialynas (a&c) • Nick Pitarra (c) • Kevin Eastman (c)

In a world of giant flying fish monsters, only one creature is strong enough to survive—Anemon! Will the Turtles be able to defeat him and bring him to testify at the Trial of Krang?

Bullet points:

• Variant cover by Kevin Eastman!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Spoiler:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X #03
<soon>

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X #04
<soon>

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X #05
<soon>
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:48 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

From "The start of an epic space adventure that will have reverberations for many issues to come", I'm going to call a shot on Krang being executed in the end, which leads to some Utroms (lead by Ch'rell of course) making him a martyr and shaking things up in ways that, in hindsight, really should have been predicted.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I imagine Krang will either be exiled or die (probably not the latter though), so they can move on from him and eventually have Ch'rell come in charge as the new main villain Utrom.

You can't very well have TWO evil Utroms bent on universe domination, can you?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:23 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well...they probably could if they're working together. Probably with a healthier dynamic than what OT Krang had with Shredder, from the way things have been described.

A lot of Ch'rell's role could very well be either trying to rescue or avenge Krang. Or just being very angry about the whole thing.
The other thing I'm calling is that Ch'rell is to Mr. Smithers what Krang is to Mr. Burns. In a way...

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-19-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:24 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well...they probably could if they're working together. Probably with a healthier dynamic than what OT Krang had with Shredder, from the way things have been described.

A lot of Ch'rell's role could very well be either trying to rescue or avenge Krang. Or just being very angry about the whole thing.
The other thing I'm calling is that Ch'rell is to Mr. Smithers what Krang is to Mr. Burns. In a way...
You mean like... He has a weird and creepy crush?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #7
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Or they simply exile him which i would like much more than him being executed. I wish for Krang and Chrell going on Space Adventures with each other in space, Chrell helps Krang and both escape in the far grounds that is Dimension X

They could work as Shredder and Krang, just like in the old cartoon, only difference, this time around they can stand each other lol

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You mean like... He has a weird and creepy crush?
Something to that degree, though I'm sure Krang would be smart enough to be aware of it. It's most certainly in a sense of loyalty.
Ma'riell certainly knows it, considering that her decision to keep him in stasis a little longer comes from her worrying about how he'd react to Krang's imprisonment and holding a meeting with the other Utroms for how to manage it. I don't know how someone could get that upset about their leader being imprisoned without some ulterior feelings involved.

I mean this was basically my reaction to Ma'riell describing how his reaction would be different to Kleve and Montuoro having a hissy fit over Ch'rell staying in stasis.
Spoiler:

So, I guess it's more like putting Smithers to shame.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

You know, now that Zak has shown up, I just had a thought.

Are the Neutrinos of IDW being given the same Pedestal of Goodness™ that the Utroms had in their first few Mirage appearances?
Until Laird found the muscle to reveal that they weren't as peaceful as they seemed?
Sure, they're more willing to resort to violence to protect themselves, but I'm not buying the idea that they're absolute Good Guys in Dimension X.
Utrom Empire shows they were involved in the Rebellion against the Empire - something I think Krang should have brought up while he was invading - but we don't really know why. They shouldn't have been surprised that he'd attack them though and that's the part that concerns me about them.

Given how the series has been running, I trust the writers to address their skeevy side, which they've got to have, while they're also working on the Utroms that Honeycutt has faith in.

Something about them seems a little:

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-22-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
You know, now that Zak has shown up, I just had a thought.

Are the Neutrinos of IDW being given the same Pedestal of Goodness™ that the Utroms had in their first few Mirage appearances?
Until Laird found the muscle to reveal that they weren't as peaceful as they seemed?
Sure, they're more willing to resort to violence to protect themselves, but I'm not buying the idea that they're absolute Good Guys in Dimension X.
Utrom Empire shows they were involved in the Rebellion against the Empire - something I think Krang should have brought up while he was invading - but we don't really know why. They shouldn't have been surprised that he'd attack them though and that's the part that concerns me about them.

Given how the series has been running, I trust the writers to address their skeevy side, which they've got to have, while they're also working on the Utroms that Honeycutt has faith in.

Something about them seems a little:
https://i.giphy.com/cFgb5p5e1My3K.webp
Are the Neutrinos inherently good? Like most other creatures, I'm going to say no.

Besides, I did suspect that they made the Neutrinos larger and more serious so they could introduce the Ultimate Ninja without the complications of having two races of interdimensional elf-goblins running around. Bobby debunked my suspicions of course but you never know, down the line and new plans, that kinda stuff...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Are the Neutrinos inherently good? Like most other creatures, I'm going to say no.
It worries me a little that they'll still be treated as such in the Trial/Dimension X storylines. Which for this particular version of TMNT isn't all that great, considering most of the characters haven't been completely perfect or malicious. Except maybe the Pantheon, but I think even they'll have some "but, this good thing" factor.

Likewise, I'm not totally sold on the Neutrinos quite yet until their vices are actually discussed. I'd like to see something along these lines, maybe discussed between Zak and Honeycutt:
Spoiler:
Z: Okay yeah, we did participate in tearing down the Utrom Empire, it was necessary.
H: So it was allowed it to turn to genocide instead of taking down the parts that actually mattered? And didn't protect the civilians that had no control over what their leaders were doing and were left in the dark about their world crumbling around them?
Z: Well yeah, but Krang also attacked innocent civilians
H: And why should that mean you should bend to his level? Why couldn't the Rebellion prove to be better than the Utrom military and protect the ones that would be caught in the crossfire? They had the chance to be the Bigger Man and they blew it.
And so on in that fashion.

Honeycutt is okay, especially since he got the kicker of cowering himself away while Krang was ransacking his homeworld looking for him. (Honestly, if I had to choose a second favorite element of TMNT besides Utroms, it's Honeycutt)

Quote:
interdimensional elf-goblins
Yeah, that's a good descriptor of the originals

I have...also realized that was Dask in the preview. The name I forgot because of how similar it is to "Zak"

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-23-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #12
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I don't think the Neutrinoes are perfect, but I don't believe they have some dark side/hidden agenda. The utroms had an empire, which means the Neutrinoes were probably destroying the empire for the same reasons the Zog and the slave-dinos were; Quanin had turned dictator, and they, and all the other races of Dimension X. were fighting for their freedom.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Which of course is very true. I would just like their imperfections to be addressed.

I could see the Neutrinos in the rebellion being rouge, personally.
Acting on their own without the King and Queen's orders and without their knowing until it was too late to get them under control. And possibly punished in some way or another.

Zenter and Gizzla just don't seem like the type of people who would order a large-scale attack that might mean the loss of innocents, much like Honeycutt. Then that's paired with maybe wanting to say that to Krang while he was holding them hostage, but knew it was better to stay quiet because saying something would surely have gotten them killed out of spite.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:22 AM   #14
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Huh, this goes back to mikeandraph87' s idea of General Blanque being their military leader. Might. Bring out the neutrino' s dark side.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 AM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Absolutely. Especially while Karai miiiiight appear to be doing some good things in her Universe arch. Or something that would count as "good".
Old 05-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #16
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I still can't imagine a Ch'rell who isn't a Shredder imposter. Maybe as revenge on the turtles, he'll kill Splinter and take the Foot as his own. I can only hope for this.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I realized recently that Ch'rell might more of a jab at "Colonel Schrader" or whatever the heck that was. Though, you'd think he'd know how much Krang would have hated Shredder and might not have taken his identity because of that. Unless he excuses it as a hatred for Oroku Saki, not Shredder.