The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #661
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, I distinctly remember Ciro saying in an interview that he wanted to tell the story in at least five seasons and he has had just that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #662
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, I distinctly remember Ciro saying in an interview that he wanted to tell the story in at least five seasons and he has had just that.
Yep. Ciro said five seasons in this interview (when season 2 was about to end on Nickelodeon)
http://www.toonzone.net/tmnt-exec-pr...nited-kingdom/

TOONZONE NEWS: Season two is racing towards its dramatic conclusion, season three is soon to start and a fourth season has been confirmed. You’ve said before that ideally you see this version of the Turtles as a five season story. Would you be interested in taking the story beyond that point?

CIRO NIELI: I think if we went beyond five with the broad steps that I’ve planned, we’d have to definitely do some reconfiguring. I’m definitely not opposed if we keep going but we’d need to go back a certain amount on our promise story-wise. I wouldn’t turn it down but it’s kind of a nice package the way we have it in five right now.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:42 AM   #663
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

In that case, I'm glad its ending after five seasons because it looks like it wouldn't end on a strong note if it continued.

Even the episode End Times felt like a very strong end to the show so I think the last episode will be the best ending any tmnt show has gotten.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #664
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I absolutely think the SDCC shorts had a secondary purpose to see which style and type of humor gains the most interest, especially since the new show is going to be 2D animated. I don't think we'll see a straight up adaptation of any of the shorts, or direct design style used, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw elements from the most popular shorts.
Yep, agreed.

I also feel like the half shell heroes line of toys and animated special was a test to see how well something like that would sell.there would be no reason to make them 2D either when you already have 3D models ready and waiting and cost effective.

I think the special was to see how well a show like what we have now, but in 2D would sell. and the shorts would be how well something a bit more comedy oriented might do.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #665
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Yep. Ciro said five seasons in this interview (when season 2 was about to end on Nickelodeon)
I sit corrected.

And I think that even stretching it out to five seasons stretched this story out way too thin. it could have worked easily in 3.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #666
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT is a franchise that has endless story possibilities, as seen with all the different series. It could go on a long time without them running out of things to do.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #667
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, but as we saw with the 4Kids series, things took a turn during Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers and many fans weren't happy with those directions. I think Ciro felt he wanted to end it on his own terms and he's getting his wish which I think is fine. Better to let it end on his terms than for them to continue it and have the network push it in a direction of their own making.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #668
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would have liked to see Nick's take on a few more TMNT elements, like the Battle Nexus tournament, and maybe a few more characters who never appeared in the show like Man Ray, etc. We're not going to get that now but I could have seen it if the show went on a little longer.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #669
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

If the show had continued, they could have done that, but it's not so we have to accept that these things won't happen.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #670
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

We're already in May 23rd, do we know when Nickelodeon will give the sneak peek of the new show in that convention? Because it says between Tuesday 23rd and Thursday 25th May 2017

Last edited by Redworld96; 05-23-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #671
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
We're already in May 23th, do we know when Nickelodeon will give the sneak peek of the new show in that convention? Because it says between Tuesday 23rd and Thursday 25th May 2017
I had a look at the events schedule, it does have Nickelodeon panels but it doesn't mention the new TMNT show.

http://www.licensingexpo.com/sites/w...20Calendar.pdf

Old 05-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #672
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I had a look at the events schedule, it does have Nickelodeon panels but it doesn't mention the new TMNT show.

http://www.licensingexpo.com/sites/w...20Calendar.pdf
Well, we'll have to wait and see then
Old 05-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #673
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's a licensing show, not a trade show, you aren't going to get any information out of there. They are there to sell the brand to enterprises not show off new products for people to consume. You'll have to wait for a Press Release or trade show like SDCC to get that information.

Basically this show is as corporate as you can get, they are there to make deals. How did that backpack manufacturer decide to get the license to make TMNT backpacks for the new show? They went here.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #674
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't expect any official reveal for the new show for a while. Not while the current Nick cartoon still has 16 new unaired episodes left.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #675
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I expect any new information will be halted at least until the end of the current show. Then again, you never know what they will do.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #676
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's getting revealed at SDCC in some way or fashion, Nick no longer cares for the 2012 show and wants to move on as quick as possible. Expect the last season of the CG show to be aired in the crappiest way possible with little promotion to make room for their next big thing.

Ironically enough I think if OOTS had done well, Nick wouldn't have wanted to move on as quickly.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #677
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's getting revealed at SDCC in some way or fashion, Nick no longer cares for the 2012 show and wants to move on as quick as possible. Expect the last season of the CG show to be aired in the crappiest way possible with little promotion to make room for their next big thing.

Ironically enough I think if OOTS had done well, Nick wouldn't have wanted to move on as quickly.
It doesn't seem that Nickelodeon is trying to rush to end the show at this point.

On the contrary, its been a long long time since the last episode came out on DVD before it even aired and they've recently been pretty long with the breaks overall despite producing the episodes way ahead of time (like Requiem and Owari).

I think they may be taking it slow in order to build up the finale as the shows 5th anniversary approaches and end on a high note by having the rest of the season air close together. That would certainly help the next show to rise in popularity.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #678
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

The two movies bombing almost definitely had a negative impact on Nick's decision with the cartoons. I definitely think they decided to do another "fresh relaunch" after the second movie bombed instead of renewing the current Nick cartoon for more seasons. They probably think kids who watched the Nick show lost interest, so they're cutting the cord here and hoping the next batch of 5-10 year olds are ready for the 2018 relaunch.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:39 PM   #679
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I get the feeling that a new show was planned from early on since Ciro said that he wanted to tell his story in 5 seasons which sounds just enough to prevent it from going stale while at the same time it would allow Nick to extend this generation of tmnt beyond the Nick show and profit off the brand even more.

Maybe the people at Nick looked at the decreasing popularity trend of the 2 previous animated shows around the 5th season and concluded that they shouldn't stretch out their show for too long, especially in this Internet age of always having new stuff and getting It fast.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #680
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Back at Power-Con 2013 (between seasons 1 and 2), Ciro stated that he wanted five seasons. However, if he wasn't given five, he could tell the story he wanted to tell in three seasons.

The show ending after the fifth season has nothing to do with Nickelodeon trying to push their current TMNT show to the side. They've known that this day was gonna come for a very long time and have been preparing for it. Why do you think they had those largely humor-based 2D TMNT shorts last year? Sure, it was fun, but they were testing the waters for what direction to take the property after Ciro and Brandon's take comes to a close.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters