The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #7941
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i have the retro Mikey and those nunchucks are junk even more brittle then the 88 version mine is using 88 nunchucks since the ones he came with snapped when i tried to get him to hold them like in his picture on the card back
Guess I'll go gather materials to work on the chain mod then.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #7942
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Great to see the retro line isn't dead. Here in Canada I keep checking the pegs to see if krang and the foot soldier will ever come out but they never do so hopefully that will change with more figures. As for the sports figures, I picked up touch down tossin Leo from my local 2nd hand store complete for about $8 so I am good there but at the time I passed on skateboarding mikey as he wasn't complete so if he comes out here I will pick him up.

Would have liked more of the originals though cause I never had Casey Jones as a kid and it would be nice to have a cheaper option than what I've seen on eBay.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #7943
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
Playmates makes lots of questionable choices and some how still profits...

Also on the toys r us site they claim the retro turtle figures are $12.99 retail, but always on sale at $9.99. I've been tempted a few times to buy an extra retro mikey to keep a spare set of standard chucks, but now I'm just tempted to chain mod mine and call it a day.
I Found Retro and Nick Line Mikey's Chucks are crap. I chain modded my Nick Mikey's chucks and the hook weapon. It looks so much better. I haven't modded the retro one yet as I wanna keep it retro.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #7944
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

The chucks on my retro are barely staying together, so I don't have much of a choice.

I did do the mod with the 2012 basic Mikey at least. I would have done the mod to the Battle Shell one too, but just never got around to doing. The Kusarigama for the battle shell one shouldn't be modded though. It can't fit inside his shell if the chain was made longer.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #7945
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Tonight I checked two Targets in the Leesburg, VA area, and Target, Walmart and Toys R Us all in Frederick MD, and not one of them had anything new, good or interesting. Barely any stock at all, which has been the normal for a long time now. I have about 15 figures I still need!! It's incredibly frustrating!!

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #7946
bretttheleofan
Stone Warrior

I went back to TRU today (where I got Bebop and Rocksteady from a few days ago) When I went the other day the shelves were PACKED with the retro line figures of the 4 turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady. Today I was shocked to see every last one of them gone.
bretttheleofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #7947
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTooze View Post
Looks like they are planning more retro classic turtles. I was hoping they would release Casey Jones, Slash, Rat King and others before adding skateboardin Mikey and football tossing Leo.

http://playmatestoys.com/brands/teen.../retro-classic
That is pretty funny. I just expected Playmates to make the main figures and none of the turtle variants. I don't believe they are the best to release, but then I never expected them to release another two figures alongside the Bebop and Rocksteady. By the looks of it they will be coming soon.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #7948
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I checked my closet Target tonight and I could see left overs of the newest wave. So they must have had Monkey Brains and Napoleon earlier in the day. I did however pick up 3 of the 4 battle shell turtles. I haven't seen those until now.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #7949
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Tonight I checked two Targets in the Leesburg, VA area, and Target, Walmart and Toys R Us all in Frederick MD, and not one of them had anything new, good or interesting. Barely any stock at all, which has been the normal for a long time now. I have about 15 figures I still need!! It's incredibly frustrating!!
What are you still missing?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #7950
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier

Walmart.com now has Karai up for order. For around $16 though! Just wanted to give a heads up for those of you who still don't have her yet. Amazon has had her for awhile also but Walmart seems to be a little cheaper.
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #7951
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
What are you still missing?
im looking for monkey brains
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #7952
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Based on what others have said they've found in stores recently, I need Monkey Brains, Savage Mikey, Mondo Gecko and retro Rocksteady, Bebop and the Foot Soldier. I don't think the other ones I want have actually technically come out yet.
The biggest problem is that every store near me seems to never have anything in stock, so even if the new ones have come out, the stores near me just have zilch. The shelves are just empty day and night. I've tried three Targets, two Walmarts and one Toys R Us.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #7953
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

anybody ever find Monkey Brains, Attila sold by amazon yet? i really dont trust 3rd party sellers and i can only find one seller that has them and after reading their feedback i was hoping there was someone else that has them
Old 09-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #7954
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Based on what others have said they've found in stores recently, I need Monkey Brains, Savage Mikey, Mondo Gecko and retro Rocksteady, Bebop and the Foot Soldier. I don't think the other ones I want have actually technically come out yet.
The biggest problem is that every store near me seems to never have anything in stock, so even if the new ones have come out, the stores near me just have zilch. The shelves are just empty day and night. I've tried three Targets, two Walmarts and one Toys R Us.
I don't think savage Mikey and Mondo are out yet. At least I haven't found them yet. I just recently found retro Bebop and Rocksteady. I think they might have two more at my TRU if you wanted some help with those.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #7955
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
anybody ever find Monkey Brains, Attila sold by amazon yet? i really dont trust 3rd party sellers and i can only find one seller that has them and after reading their feedback i was hoping there was someone else that has them
That's the problem with Amazon for some reason Turtle figures are way to expensive.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #7956
rwalton
Random Punk

Quote:
I ordered Attila from Amazon and I got it in 2 days. Not worth the 20 bucks I paid. I've seen better toys comming out of McDonald's happy meals but it beats paying for gas driving around searching for it. Gotta have them all. I picked up napolean today from Walmart. He was sitting right next to monkey brains in a new display at wal mart on cone blvd. in Greensboro nc. I have an extra monkey brains and a Karai if anybody needs.
rwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #7957
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalton View Post
I ordered Attila from Amazon and I got it in 2 days. Not worth the 20 bucks I paid. I've seen better toys comming out of McDonald's happy meals but it beats paying for gas driving around searching for it. Gotta have them all. I picked up napolean today from Walmart. He was sitting right next to monkey brains in a new display at wal mart on cone blvd. in Greensboro nc. I have an extra monkey brains and a Karai if anybody needs.
how did he arrive? was the card bent? bubble damage
Old 09-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #7958
rwalton
Random Punk

Quote:
how did he arrive? was the card bent? bubble damage
it was in mint condition mines was shipped by Amazon. Has a new sticker along the bottom I'll take a pic when I get home. The figure is way off scale wise
rwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #7959
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I preordered 3 Serpent Karai's and they all came have ripped off their bubble with the card beat to snot.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #7960
tw2thr3
Foot Soldier

My 2nd Atilla came in today, same issue with packaging looks crushed they're going to send me a New one so we shall see then. Saw another monkey brains in target, looking forward to some of the newer stuff slowly waiting for mondo gecko and muckman. No retro BB&RS yet
tw2thr3 is offline   Reply With Quote