The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #241
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
They will expose him...any minute...any second...
*crickets
*more crickets

~ Two years later ~

There's smoke! Lots of smoke! Any minute now! It's Mueller Time!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #242
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
*crickets
*more crickets

~ Two years later ~

well, yeah. Watergate investigation took over 2 years.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #243
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Trump's in his glory, and it's driving liberals nuts"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/opini...ein/index.html

Funny, it's a CNN article. A bit buried, but it's there. And not far off the mark.
Even Liberals can't deny that Trump is the the best president ever.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #244
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Even Liberals can't deny that Trump is the the best president ever.
You shut your whore mouth. Theodore Roosevelt is the best President we ever had. Dude punched a rabid bear in the face and lived to tell the tale.

That's even one better than Abe Lincoln getting drunk and trashing the Ford Theater in a rage-fueled bender his last night on Earth.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #245
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Trump beat up and shaved Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania, your arguement is invalid.

Plus he has the best looking wife.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #246
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

um, actually Benjamin Franklin was the best president ever
Old 05-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #247
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It was Alexander Hamilton, fight me
Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #248
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Trump beat up and shaved Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania, your arguement is invalid.

Plus he has the best looking wife.
But then he got Stone Cold stunned by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Would you trust a man like that to rule your nation?
Old 05-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #249
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It was Alexander Hamilton, fight me
Oh yeah your right, I forgot all about him. He is a very underrated president. It is rather impressive that he invented the printing press as well.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #250
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I do think the media and the American left have done a horrible job dealing with Trump's presidency using the same failed tactics that got him elected and will get him elected again. The negative stuff just slides off of him and as long as people think he's doing a good job it's all it matters. You can attribute some things to him and that's enough to get him re-elected but at the same time it's at the expense of their very own institutions and the swamp is not being drained at all, he's causing long term damage to the country that will take years to fix. I put all the blame on the current liberal culture for allowing this to happen.

That doesn't change the fact that he's doing far more damage to what the world thinks of America than Bush did. What does it matter as long as the US is doing well? If you took any macroeconomics class in college you would know that we live in a globalized world and the American economy depends on other nations using the dollar, so it's best for the US not to push their luck.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #251
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I do think the media and the American left have done a horrible job dealing with Trump's presidency using the same failed tactics that got him elected and will get him elected again. The negative stuff just slides off of him and as long as people think he's doing a good job it's all it matters. You can attribute some things to him and that's enough to get him re-elected but at the same time it's at the expense of their very own institutions and the swamp is not being drained at all, he's causing long term damage to the country that will take years to fix. I put all the blame on the current liberal culture for allowing this to happen.

That doesn't change the fact that he's doing far more damage to what the world thinks of America than Bush did. What does it matter as long as the US is doing well? If you took any macroeconomics class in college you would know that we live in a globalized world and the American economy depends on other nations using the dollar, so it's best for the US not to push their luck.
Yeah, both the mainstream left wing and right wing have been dealing poorly with phenomenons like Trump and other right-wing populists. It's not by constantly mocking them and playing the "racist and xenophobic!" card 24/7 that they're gonna convince people not to vote for the more extremem options.

The main issue is that both mainstream left and right wing politicians have been basically screwing over the middle class in the West in the past 15 years or so and now ofc the people are reacting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Oh yeah your right, I forgot all about him. He is a very underrated president. It is rather impressive that he invented the printing press as well.
That's only because he has never played Sid Meier's Civilization against me!
Old 05-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #252
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Try telling the only modern country that uses Imperial units of measurement that we should care about globalization.

Americans, by and large, think the rest of the world can suck it.

Everyone else's opinion on America? Pretty much 100% spot-on... not that most of us care.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #253
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Try telling the only modern country that uses Imperial units of measurement that we should care about globalization.

Americans, by and large, think the rest of the world can suck it.

Everyone else's opinion on America? Pretty much 100% spot-on... not that most of us care.
Imperial units are hardly the worst thing about modern day "American exceptionalism" tbh. Feel free to play your football with your hands and taking your car everywhere as long as you don't mess up other parts of the globe
Old 05-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #254
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I love the concept that it's the Democratic party's fault that the Republican party is doing exactly what its platform says it has wanted to do for the last 40 years.

I'm not saying that the Democratic party is blameless, I think they allowed to the Republicans in the name of cooperation and Reaching Across the aisle far too many times.

Trump is in office because the Republican Party voted for him to be there.
He's the leader of that political party.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #255
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I far from believe or support everything Trump is doing... but there is a lot of good coming out things. Not all of it good (a good % I'd say is rather bad, actually, though weighing the pros and cons of the Bad that a Clinton or even a Bernie presidency would have wrought, I think they're the lesser of two evils), but quite a bit. The economy is getting stronger and more robust, the DOW has hit record highs, we're seeing unemployment plummet all over the place and now the previously unthinkable is happening with North Korea.

People (and the media, largely) seem to be getting hung up on, "But where is his heart at? Can we talk about that?!" Where's it at? I don't know where his heart is, I have no idea... but he appears to be getting results. I think we'd do to spend a bit more time worrying about the bottom line and less about where people's hearts are.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #256
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I think we'd do to spend a bit more time worrying about the bottom line and less about where people's hearts are.
You're alright, you.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #257
plastroncafe

I wouldn't go that far
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #258
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I love the concept that it's the Democratic party's fault that the Republican party is doing exactly what its platform says it has wanted to do for the last 40 years.

I'm not saying that the Democratic party is blameless, I think they allowed to the Republicans in the name of cooperation and Reaching Across the aisle far too many times.

Trump is in office because the Republican Party voted for him to be there.
He's the leader of that political party.
No, it's this "with us or against us" that is eating their own that lead to what should've been an easy victory. You've even told me more than once that this is your attitude here so you can't say it isn't the case.

Quote:
I far from believe or support everything Trump is doing... but there is a lot of good coming out things. Not all of it good (a good % I'd say is rather bad, actually, though weighing the pros and cons of the Bad that a Clinton or even a Bernie presidency would have wrought, I think they're the lesser of two evils), but quite a bit. The economy is getting stronger and more robust, the DOW has hit record highs, we're seeing unemployment plummet all over the place and now the previously unthinkable is happening with North Korea.

People (and the media, largely) seem to be getting hung up on, "But where is his heart at? Can we talk about that?!" Where's it at? I don't know where his heart is, I have no idea... but he appears to be getting results. I think we'd do to spend a bit more time worrying about the bottom line and less about where people's hearts are.
I agree that the media is hung up on discrediting anything he does like the other political ideologies did for Obama and they're doing a disservice to the people. Bernie wouldn't have been able to implement any of his promises, Clinton would've been "more of the same" but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I didn't like her much but she knows exactly what can and can't be done and would've been a good leader.

The economy is getting stronger but it was Obama's policies that helped the US get out of the recession. I mean the DOW would've hit record highs with Hillary as well based on trends. There's more to what's happening with North Korea and I doubt some "mean tweets" made them change their mind with just a few more economic sanctions. It's up in the air, he may very well have helped but I'll be skeptical until in a few decades we get the full story. I think more than any sanctions it was the fact that once they had the technology to really attack the US with nuclear weapons they finally had a hand to start netotiating and it was the whole reason they were doing it in the first place so they wouldn't get a bad deal.

Unemployment going down is definitely thanks to him but at what cost? His policies are incredibly short sighted and will have repercussions in the long term even if it's after 4 years. You don't have to believe me, I recommend you some articles by Paul Krugman who's one of the most respected economists in the world or if you don't want to "believe" him then just read some books on macroeconomics.

The economy is getting stronger and more robust, the DOW has hit record highs, we're seeing unemployment plummet all over the place and now the previously unthinkable is happening with North Korea.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #259
plastroncafe

Quote:
No, it's this "with us or against us" that is eating their own that lead to what should've been an easy victory. You've even told me more than once that this is your attitude here so you can't say it isn't the case.
That appears to be the playbook for at least one of major parties right now. I can't say as I would attribute it to the Democratic party, given how much they have acquiesced to the demands of the top.

If we're talking about people left-of-center, then yeah I would say that that political ideology suffers from a strain of ideological Purity that is neither productive, nor beneficial to the cause.

The strain the right-of-center folk have is literally their ideology.
Either you believe what we believe, or you're not a Real American/Coastal Elite/Snowflake/etc.

I think it does bear repeating I am not a member of the Democratic Party, for a multitude of reasons. I'm not a member of the Republican party for the simple reason that their platform has planks that would render me a second class citizen.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by plastroncafe; 05-13-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #260
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That appears to be the playbook for at least one of major parties right now. I can't say as I would attribute it to the Democratic party, given how much they have acquiesced to the demands of the top.

If we're talking about people left-of-center, then yeah I would say that that political ideology suffers from a strain of ideological Purity that is neither productive, nor beneficial to the cause.

The strain the right-of-center folk have is literally their ideology.
Either you believe what we believe, or you're not a Real American/Coastal Elite/Snowflake/etc.

I think it does bear repeating I am not a member of the Democratic Party, for a multitude of reasons. I'm not a member of the Republican party for the simple reason that their platform has planks that would render me a second class citizen.
What makes an American a "Real American"? I often see people from places like USA/Canada/Brazil/Australia/etc taking pride in their nations' diversity and inclusiveness compared to European nations and yet they can be just as elitist and distrustful of outside cultural elements as many Europeans and Asians are.
Closed Thread

Tags
andrew likes tags