The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 08:57 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Thoughts on Gaijin Goomba's "Which Ninja" webseries

I while back I posted a video called "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are REAL Ninjas!? - Which Ninja" by Gaijin Goomba and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen his other videos and what are your thoughts on them.

If you enjoy ninjas in fiction give this video a look and learn some interesting facts about the shinobi.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Huh, looks like he addressed the points I've made on here for years. Heck, he even brought up the similarities I pointed out between Rise of the TMNT and that one Mirage issue set in the past (the one with Gosei Hattori). Interesting.

Most of his points about ninja are spot on; and he has the ONE justification for the red masks that actually makes sense (though in that case, the tmnt would only wear all-red masks when trying to perform that particular ninja technique), And out of all the versions of turtles, the 2012 are the closest to ninja in terms of cultural usage, actual techniques, and methods. The Fred Wolf are the worst at being actual ninjas (while being really good heroes), while Mirage turtles are really good at being Hollywood assassin ninjas (which works for their comic). The others are all... somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, I always enjoy Gaijin goomba's videos!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 08-20-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote