The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #161
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
...... Then why the hell are you even here? Sounds like you're in the wrong forum altogether.
Are you aware that TMNT started as a comic, and that currently the longest-running TMNT is still ongoing and also it's pretty f#cking great?

And for what it's worth, I happen to like what I've seen of the new show so far (all the episodes available on Nick's site). So don't tell me where I need to be
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #162
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If anyone doesn't care for someone's opinions based on previous comments, why not just skip past their posts...?

I mean, personally, even if I don't think highly of it, it doesn't mean I'm not still curious where they take this, seeing what parts might be decent, and look forward to the discussion and dissecting the thing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #163
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I liked the joke about skipping the black market guy. (do we know he's actually up to no good? Don't judge just because he's got an evil laugh!) And I liked the portal joke cuz HEY! Who doesn't love jokes that remind you of semi-old video games?! But yeah, I actually did like the portal joke. I mean if you were trapped in a portal loop it's going to take a few seconds for you to understand what the heck is happening to you.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #164
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Are you aware that TMNT started as a comic, and that currently the longest-running TMNT is still ongoing and also it's pretty f#cking great?

And for what it's worth, I happen to like what I've seen of the new show so far (all the episodes available on Nick's site). So don't tell me where I need to be
I know, but it's the equivalent of me signing up for and bitching in a WWE forum if I wasn't into wrestling.

The Turtles started as comics, of course, but it's the cartoons that actually led to this forum's existence.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #165
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I know, but it's the equivalent of me signing up for and bitching in a WWE forum if I wasn't into wrestling.

The Turtles started as comics, of course, but it's the cartoons that actually led to this forum's existence.
No it isn't? Reading comprehension... Guy's obviously a TMNT fan. Just not the cartoons.

Aaaaand there are sections on this forum to talk about TMNT comics/toys/games. Leave the guy alone already.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #166
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

You don't even understand the point I was making. That was exactly my point, that people shouldn't waste their time bit ching about versions of the TMNT they don't like; they're better off hanging around the subforums for the versions they do like, hence why I stick to the IDW forum and now the Rise forum
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #167
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

What happens if you only half like something? Can you still post?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #168
Ninjinister
無問題

Bgaugh. I wish they'd have put the rest of the episodes on other streaming venues like Amazon or Microsoft. They have Mystic Mayhem for free everywhere but outside of some behind the scenes nonsense that's all that's there. I'd even pay to watch the other eps at this point because well, I would have anyway, at least a few more to see how much I like or dislike the series.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #169
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Bgaugh. I wish they'd have put the rest of the episodes on other streaming venues like Amazon or Microsoft. They have Mystic Mayhem for free everywhere but outside of some behind the scenes nonsense that's all that's there. I'd even pay to watch the other eps at this point because well, I would have anyway, at least a few more to see how much I like or dislike the series.
Youtube is the only place I’ve checked. Episode 1 & 2 are free. Can’t find the others. Top of page 8 in this thread I posted one of the episodes.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #170
MutagenJosh
Thug

Looks like a bunch of new characteristics from them all..
Raph: A tiny bit aggressive, not a very angry guy at all. Very eager and has a "go-getter" attitude.
Donnie: Machines! Also, looks like he's gonna be the comedic relief this season.
Leonardo: Leader but isn't. Very cocky and full of himself, always trying to stand out.
Mikey: I guess the artsy one? Party guy? I didn't get too much out of him from the first few episodes.

MutagenJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #171
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
What happens if you only half like something? Can you still post?
Only if under spoiler so you look like you're pretending not to post comments that aren't positive enough to win approval.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:05 AM   #172
snake
Disgusting

Watched all the available episodes. I like it a lot.

The fights, animation, colors, voice acting, character design is all so fun. Never thought I’d enjoy the show this much.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:21 AM   #173
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You don't even understand the point I was making. That was exactly my point, that people shouldn't waste their time bit ching about versions of the TMNT they don't like; they're better off hanging around the subforums for the versions they do like, hence why I stick to the IDW forum and now the Rise forum
So you can't criticize the series at all? How long have you been here exactly? Back when the 2012 episodes fans complained all the time, ever since the beginning. Heck even when the advertising first started fans weren't happy about due to computer animation change. I don't remember seeing you at that party but maybe I missed you there.

I mean this show has its faults but it has its good moments too. That should be enough, at least it shows there are some willing to give it a chance before writing it off.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:22 AM   #174
newfan
Mad Scientist

Obviously when a new version starts fans are going to want to check it out and will give their views, those who don't like it or are disappointed with something will express that, however this is not the same as someone hate watching a show for 3,4,5 years and constantly trashing it when they and everyone else is well aware that they hate it. I'd imagine as the show progresses those who gave it a try would just move on if they find they really don't care about it.

I just see this as something else, meant to be younger, more comedic, that appeals to some as we can see form the thread and not to others. I don't have the same hopes for what I want to see as I would in lets say something along the lines of what we've had or a new movie for example. This won't fill my gap but I could find something I enjoy from it taking it for what it is or I won't care particularly, I'll know when I get around to watching but I pretty much have an idea.

Last edited by newfan; 07-22-2018 at 04:27 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:27 AM   #175
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Okay, saw the first five episodes annnnd...my reactions are extremely mixed. The series as a whole is really hard for me to find the words for it. In short, I like it a little. As in I put it dead last of the four animated series. Why do I like it at all? It's entertaining to a degree, but it does NOT feel like TMNT to me much at all. I'm extremely open-minded and I'm even having issues with seeing this as being an actual TMNT show. The show can be fun at times, but one huge turn-off for me was the 3B one with the worm. I don't ever want to see that episode again.

I made a commitment to see this show until its end (just like I have for every other series) but this one is a really hard sell for me to believe it's TMNT. If it wasn't TMNT, I probably wouldn't even bother with the show. But, as unbelievable as it stands right now, I'm optimistic it will get much better as the series progresses. I hope I'm right.

On the bright side, I rather enjoyed episode 2A. That seems like the most TMNT-ish episode so far, so we'll see if things get to that point again or even better. Sure it was silly, but it had more of that TMNT vibe than any of the other episodes thus far (including the debut episode).

Last edited by Kit31; 07-22-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:42 AM   #176
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So you can't criticize the series at all?
not in some peoples eyes .

you can still hate one iteration, yet keep up with it just to stay current.

I only saw a minute or two of this series..b ut I think I may skip it entirely.

I already stuck with one series I didn't like just because it was tmnt and had SOME good things going for it. but that wasn't enough for me to even watch repeats of the show. turtles is getting farther and farther away from what it should be each nick generation.

and by that, I mean, even the core basic concepts. they think that just because it's a new generation you need to DRASTICALLY change it each time.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #177
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 10.19.00 AM.jpg

Looks like they decided to skip episode 2B for whatever reason... 'Donnie's Gifts'
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #178
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I gave it a chance, and even though there are some funny moments, I just couldn't get into this. It's kind of like Next Mutation all over again for me.

I hate to say this, but I'd rather watch the original series.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #179
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
Attachment 11923

Looks like they decided to skip episode 2B for whatever reason... 'Donnie's Gifts'
Maybe it's really important and better left for a later date? Or maybe it's bad and they figured it wouldn't leave a good impression?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #180
sdp
-

Anyone else get the feeling that this should take place after the turtles have already been in action for a while? It really should be a sequel series, I mean the "origin" angle is an interesting take but from everything we've seen it really doesn't make sense. The turtles don't act like newbies, April is a ninja, there are mutants everywhere, the turtles aren't shocked by all the crazy things they are seeing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rise of the tmnt